Miller return sealed (misleading title)

KENNY MILLER will complete his sensational return to Rangers THIS WEEK — provided the Ibrox club can fight off fierce competition from the Continent.

Sport of the World can reveal Rangers have been given permission to speak to Miller after Derby County accepted a near-£2million bid for the Scotland striker on Thursday.

Despite continued protests by fans, Walter Smith is pushing ahead with talks aimed at making Miller his first signing of the summer. The Gers boss still has a power of work to do if he is to land the 28-year-old and it is unlikely a deal will be completed in the next 48 hours.

Miller may have made it clear last week that he would relish the chance to be reunited with his former Scotland bosses Smith and Ally McCoist at Ibrox.

But Serie A runners-up Roma, Bundesliga sides Schalke, Borussia Dortmund and Wolfsburg and Greeks Olympiacos have all been alerted by Gers’ swoop.

And they are ready to give them a run for their money by offering Miller a huge financial incentive to move abroad.

Sport of the World understands Greek champions Olympiacos have made a determined bid in the last 24 hours.

Their new boss Ernesto Valverde failed in a bid to take Miller to Espanyol last season. Olympiacos could easily meet Derby’s £1.9m asking price.

Interest from the Bundesliga could see the likes of Dortmund, Schalke and Wolfsburg embarrass Gers with their riches.

But Miller would relish the chance to work once more with Smith and McCoist, who regard him as the hardest-working frontman in the country.

They believe he would quickly win over sceptical fans with his work ethic and willingness to drag defenders all over the park. It remains to be seen if Gers can match the lure of the euro.

Miller’s agent David Baldwin made it clear his next move is far from certain. He said: “Contrary to popular belief there is no deal done for Kenny Miller.

“It’s fairly common knowledge the Rangers management staff rate Kenny very highly after their time together with the national team and I’m sure they would like him to join the club.

“But as yet, there is nothing to report. Kenny is very openminded about his next move and there have been enquiries about his availability from clubs all over Europe.

“His move to Derby was rushed so this time we are more than happy to take our time and make the right choice for Kenny from a football point of view.â€

That won’t suit Gers, who want Miller signed, sealed and delivered this week.

Gers are also looking to plunder the French market with a double swoop for full-backs Jeremy Berthod of Monaco and Jean Calve of Le Mans

I don't think a lot of Miller as a player but I remember a quote from Nesta, one of the best defenders in the world, after the 1-1 game at Hampden with Italy, in which Miller scored, a few years ago.

"I didn't know who Kenny Miller was before the game, but I know who he is now!"

KENNY MILLER will complete his sensational return to Rangers THIS WEEK — provided the Ibrox club can fight off fierce competition from the Continent.

Sport of the World can reveal Rangers have been given permission to speak to Miller after Derby County accepted a near-£2million bid for the Scotland striker on Thursday.

Despite continued protests by fans, Walter Smith is pushing ahead with talks aimed at making Miller his first signing of the summer. The Gers boss still has a power of work to do if he is to land the 28-year-old and it is unlikely a deal will be completed in the next 48 hours.

Miller may have made it clear last week that he would relish the chance to be reunited with his former Scotland bosses Smith and Ally McCoist at Ibrox.

But Serie A runners-up Roma, Bundesliga sides Schalke, Borussia Dortmund and Wolfsburg and Greeks Olympiacos have all been alerted by Gers’ swoop.

And they are ready to give them a run for their money by offering Miller a huge financial incentive to move abroad.

Sport of the World understands Greek champions Olympiacos have made a determined bid in the last 24 hours.

Their new boss Ernesto Valverde failed in a bid to take Miller to Espanyol last season. Olympiacos could easily meet Derby’s £1.9m asking price.

Interest from the Bundesliga could see the likes of Dortmund, Schalke and Wolfsburg embarrass Gers with their riches.

But Miller would relish the chance to work once more with Smith and McCoist, who regard him as the hardest-working frontman in the country.

They believe he would quickly win over sceptical fans with his work ethic and willingness to drag defenders all over the park. It remains to be seen if Gers can match the lure of the euro.

Miller’s agent David Baldwin made it clear his next move is far from certain. He said: “Contrary to popular belief there is no deal done for Kenny Miller.

“It’s fairly common knowledge the Rangers management staff rate Kenny very highly after their time together with the national team and I’m sure they would like him to join the club.

“But as yet, there is nothing to report. Kenny is very openminded about his next move and there have been enquiries about his availability from clubs all over Europe.

“His move to Derby was rushed so this time we are more than happy to take our time and make the right choice for Kenny from a football point of view.â€

That won’t suit Gers, who want Miller signed, sealed and delivered this week.

Gers are also looking to plunder the French market with a double swoop for full-backs Jeremy Berthod of Monaco and Jean Calve of Le Mans

:unsure:

Hope Roma offer £2.5 for him and we miss out.......there is alot better out there for £2m.

Wattie pisses me off sometimes with his buy Scottish policy.........buy the best Wattie no matter where they're fae fur fuck sake.

Miller is pish and if he's the "quality" signings we're going for then god help us next season.

what a waste of money ffs hes was crap when he was with us before bar that one game he scored 5 goals, he was crap in his one year at celtic and hes been crap at derby. £2m you are having a laugh, hes not worth half that.

McGregor

Calve Cuellar Shittu Berthod

Beasley Ferguson Thompson Maloney

Palladino Miller

It doesn't look too bad, actually. Miller does have the best work rate I've seen in a striker for a while, and even though his goalscorig record is generally poor, it was great under Walter and Ally.

Guest johngers

If Miller signs and does well for us, then I'll accept him.

If he doesn't do well though, he will get pelters from the fans