A great picture....

Usual muck raking shit by the dinasors (spelling) within the support. WTF has this got to do with football or Rangers other that some wishful thinking by a handful of stuck in the past regressionists. Time to move on lads, realise that the club is dissassociated from this nonsence and get on with what it should be all about - FOOTBALL!

A man not afraid to speak his mind - refreshing to see on this board mate. The only future for Rangers is as you have pointed out in your post - we will not long be associated with this type of stuff (any more) and not a moment too soon either. To be proud of Rangers success and the football they play on the road to that success is my concern. We are the people. :clap:(tu)

we will always be at ibrox and we are and always wil be at ibrox, and once we are gone our sons and grandsons are ready to take over from us.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usual muck raking shit by the dinasors (spelling) within the support. WTF has this got to do with football or Rangers other that some wishful thinking by a handful of stuck in the past regressionists. Time to move on lads, realise that the club is dissassociated from this nonsence and get on with what it should be all about - FOOTBALL!

:rolleyes: Yet another who completely disrespects fellow bears opinions and beliefs

I checked your sig, and, fortunately, you dont have "more than just a club" under it, thankfully. Are you another who does not believe this?

Also, you (and others) talk about moving on, and, dismiss peoples beliefs as nonsence (or as google says, Did you mean: nonsense ?). What makes beliefs and opinions that differ from yours so unimportant? Thats the biggest thing about comments like yours, virtually every one of batmans posts, they are all the same thing. Lecturing and attempting to belittle those whose opinions are different, with inflammatory and abusive posts like this. Its ridiculous!

Completely agree. One thing that pisses me off about some people on this forum is the fact they cannot tolerate peoples beliefs and opinions and simply shrug them off as "nonsense".

Disgusting really, when you think about the steps all of the support have taken recently, the "modern" fan and the "traditionalists" both have given so much to make sure we aren't criticised or punished by the authorities.

Bluepeter, you sound like a Celtic fan. Hope that hurt, because you're continual disrespect for other Bear's beliefs hurts a lot of other Bears.

what is wrong with a marching band going down edmiston drive on a sunday playing a hymm celebrating the fact our good lord is rangers daft

:rolleyes: utter trash of a post

one tries ones best but some are just better at it than me :harhar:

what is wrong with a marching band going down edmiston drive on a sunday playing a hymm celebrating the fact our good lord is rangers daft

if there is a god do you truly believe he would give a flying feck about a football team?

p.s i know your comment was tongue in cheek :harhar:

:rolleyes: Yet another who completely disrespects fellow bears opinions and beliefs

I checked your sig, and, fortunately, you dont have "more than just a club" under it, thankfully. Are you another who does not believe this?

Also, you (and others) talk about moving on, and, dismiss peoples beliefs as nonsence (or as google says, Did you mean: nonsense ?). What makes beliefs and opinions that differ from yours so unimportant? Thats the biggest thing about comments like yours, virtually every one of batmans posts, they are all the same thing. Lecturing and attempting to belittle those whose opinions are different, with inflammatory and abusive posts like this. Its ridiculous!

Completely agree. One thing that pisses me off about some people on this forum is the fact they cannot tolerate peoples beliefs and opinions and simply shrug them off as "nonsense".

Disgusting really, when you think about the steps all of the support have taken recently, the "modern" fan and the "traditionalists" both have given so much to make sure we aren't criticised or punished by the authorities.

Bluepeter, you sound like a Celtic fan. Hope that hurt, because you're continual disrespect for other Bear's beliefs hurts a lot of other Bears.

(tu) cheers, and, well said too. The phrase 'who needs enemies...' springs to mind

if there is a god do you truly believe he would give a flying feck about a football team?

of course hes a gers fan cause hes a glory hunter :harhar:

People are very quick to forget that what we stood for and what we stand for is what makes our club great. We used be a beacon for the common man, somehwere to focus their attention after a hard weeks graft, they came from miles around to see Rangers, sing the songs and be TOGETHER.

Whether there are those among us that deny or would like to deny our club stood for the Scottish Protestant, in reaction to the focus of attention for West of Scotland Catholics, when Celtic were formed. Rangers and Celtic both were very prominent in promoting these differences, because frankly they were very very good for business.

You cannot deny our history, for more than a century Rangers were a focus for the Protestants, there is NOTHING wrong with remembering your roots, your clubs roots. That does not mean being a bigot, the means remembering our own roots, not decrying others.

i know he does.

http://members.aol.com/bushnbin2/rangers.swf

People are very quick to forget that what we stood for and what we stand for is what makes our club great. We used be a beacon for the common man, somehwere to focus their attention after a hard weeks graft, they came from miles around to see Rangers, sing the songs and be TOGETHER.

Whether there are those among us that deny or would like to deny our club stood for the Scottish Protestant, in reaction to the focus of attention for West of Scotland Catholics, when Celtic were formed. Rangers and Celtic both were very prominent in promoting these differences, because frankly they were very very good for business.

You cannot deny our history, for more than a century Rangers were a focus for the Protestants, there is NOTHING wrong with remembering your roots, your clubs roots. That does not mean being a bigot, the means remembering our own roots, not decrying others.

Exactly, but according to some, they believe it has consequences for our Club and Support. What consequences, I do not know. They just seem to think it's time to move on. I don't know why, it must be some sort of gut feeling or something they feel within themselves?

Let us fucking be. If you don't want to celebrate with us, don't - I couldn't care less. What I do care about is people denouncing others for doing so because they think "it's time to move on".

Exactly, but according to some, they believe it has consequences for our Club and Support. What consequences, I do not know. They just seem to think it's time to move on. I don't know why, it must be some sort of gut feeling or something they feel within themselves?

Let us fucking be. If you don't want to celebrate with us, don't - I couldn't care less. What I do care about is people denouncing others for doing so because they think "it's time to move on".

'Time to move on' is not something i have a problem with, it is the forceful nature of the people that say it, telling us we are WRONG, it is not their place to do that, neither is it the press when they continually let Celtic enjoy their particular brand of 'craic'. We obviously know where to draw the line we don;t need some trumped up tree hugger to cuddle us and tell us we need to grow up.

i know he does.

cheers minstral i knew he was just trying to convert the fallen :rangers:

i know he does.

good link , looks a bit like mcboyd

'Time to move on' is not something i have a problem with, it is the forceful nature of the people that say it, telling us we are WRONG, it is not their place to do that, neither is it the press when they continually let Celtic enjoy their particular brand of 'craic'. We obviously know where to draw the line we don;t need some trumped up tree hugger to cuddle us and tell us we need to grow up.

very well said

1. I'll add 'more than a club to my sig' - your right its a community of great people who put the traditions of sportsmanship, competitivness and history first. What it is not is a political party or religious sect.

2. I respect your beliefs, or at least people who actually hold beliefs, but dont see why you associate them or try to associate them with Rangers. Rangers is a football club - take away the football and you have NOTHING, take away the other religious or political associations and you still have the greatest football club in the world!

3. Love the lecture on lecturing by someone who is lecturing! Love the attempt to tell me I am belittling while the original post starts by belittling people. Pot Kettle and Black methinks!

1 - However, it has a long association with both values, which is also held close and dear to a number of the support, this fact is an intrinsical part of the history of the club (as you made mention of above, highlighted) and that should not be dismissed

2 - I will attempt to ignore the implication that I have no beliefs, since you do not know what mine are, and, answer! You are missing the point. Forgenerations, beliefs, religious, political, or other, have played a significant part in the lives of the Rangers support, and the club itself. Some aspects of this may not sit well with others, it may not be "PC", but, it does not make it any less valid. I am not trying to associate anything with Rangers, thats presumption. The thing is, it IS associated with Rangers, fact! The reason being, it is not the clubs beliefs, its the supporters beliefs, therefore are you advocating that anyone with protestant or unionist beliefs, or in fact, any beliefs or values different from you own should not be a Rangers fan? Because, all those who advocate the "just a club" attitude are promoting that opinion, which, is highly offensive to a lot of people, and, to continue your analagy above, take the support away from the club, then you have nothing!

3 - Lecturing? It was, in all honesty, a poorly worded question, in fact, number of questions. Unlike some others, you actually answered some, so (tu) thanks. Where did I belittle someone? my first line was

" :rolleyes: Yet another who completely disrespects fellow bears opinions and beliefs"

So, thats not belittling, thats stating an opinion on a fact, and, in all fairness, something that you shouldnt feel good about.

1. Lots of things from our past (our being country, community, life) are historically accurate, had passionate believers andhad people who didn't want to change and swore that we would never change but over time change they did because society as a whole had moved on. Without being to evocative but trying to show an extreme example of change is the slave trade. UK was heavily involved in that but we evolved. Colour predudice, using opium and even the vote for women are all areas where historically people supported these beliefs but now society has moved on. The religious and political beliefs that were associated with supporting Rangers existed and exist still for some supporters but (IMHO) as a support we should distance ourself from these and concentrate on the football. It is happening, some of us would prefer it quicker, some not at all but it is my belief it is happening and it is the correct direction for Rangers supporters to go.

2. I note that your beliefs are valid while you try to imply mines arn't. As stated I have no issues with anyone with unionist or protestant beliefs, to hold these beliefs is a simple matter of personal choice (and you may be surprised at some of the beliefs I hold). However my point is that these beliefs should not be tied to supporting Rangers and IMHO if you take that association away we still have a great football club but if you take away the football we have nothing.

3. I'll leave 3 alone in the interests of moving on - it was just meant to be a light hearted dig!

I am vocal on these subjects because I care about moving on and without someone fighting the 'Change' corner there would be no change (and no fun in these debates)!

BTW I am Bluepeter9 - Bluepeter gets pissed when my view become associated with him!

I am amazed by the eloquence and thought in your reply ' I sound like a Celtic Fan' - wonderful, well thought out post that real cuts me to the quick - NOT! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

BTW I am Bluepeter9 - Bluepeter gets pissed when my view become associated with him!

I am amazed by the eloquence and thought in your reply ' I sound like a Celtic Fan' - wonderful, well thought out post that real cuts me to the quick - NOT! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Right...

Why don't you avoid the post completely instead of reacting to two minor points of it?

Right...

Why don't you avoid the post completely instead of reacting to two minor points of it?

Basically your post said 'You shouldn't have an opinion that disagrees with mine' - and the Celtic fan jibe was pathetic enough to warrant a tounge-in-chhek response.

Right...

Basically your post said 'You shouldn't have an opinion that disagrees with mine' - and the Celtic fan jibe was pathetic enough to warrant a tounge-in-chhek response.

Don't try and twist things BluePeter9. I have already said I don't care if you do not celebrate certain beliefs or traditions at Ibrox. I don't expect everyone to. My issue is with people like you telling us we cannot do it because you do not believe in it. Whereas people like myself aren't telling the "modern" day fan to GTF from Ibrox because they don't agree with me.

I explained why I used the Celtic fan jibe, if you still don't understand why it's in that post then god help you.

Back to this old argument.

What has a poisoned potatoe got to do with football?

What's a doe a dear got to do with football?

What has pretty bubbles got to do with football?

Go and annoy them.

Weather you like it or not (and you clearly don't) many members of the orange order happen to be Rangers fans. Your infantile attempts to seperate and belittle that connection is bloody tiresome.

Can you passionately support Rangers without having to 'buy into' a weird obsession with Irish political history? I'm sorry but I just can't force myself to care about what happened across the water all those years ago while right now my country and SPL football is a stultifying crippled mediocrity, immobilised by the fear of being different or shaking up the accepted old ways. I want things to be better. What the f*k is wrong with that?

It's UK Political History Einstein...

Because usually 'it's time to move on' = 'we don't give a fuck about what you think, but we haven't a good argument or a scooby about The Club's history'.

Because usually 'it's time to move on' = 'we don't give a fuck about what you think, but we haven't a good argument or a scooby about The Club's history'.

I believe my argument was quite well put - you may not like the fact that time moves on, you may not like the fact that the days of Rangers being a Protestant / Unionist club are past, and you may not like the fact that some people associate Football rather than the Protestant or Unionists causes with Rangers. You may belittle these argumments, you may want to stay firmly rooted in YOUR vision of what it was like in the past, and what it should be like now. However there are huge numbers of Rangers fans who have moved on and realised that Rangers is a football club; that we have a proud, successful and glourious football past and that you dont have to be associated with any cuase to be a passionate, committed and loyal Rangers supporter! WATP