What annoys you most about the Miller signing

whytes3

I'm sure alare number of you will, like me, be seethign about the fact that Kenny Miller has signed for us. My first reaction was to email the club to express my digust (would like to see a number of peopel join me in this if they also feel as strongly as I do), disappointment and lack of ambition shown in bringing this numpty in.

Ithought therefore it woudl be a good idea for us to put dwn the main reasons behind our feelings about the signing to see both where the biggest area is and also to see how widely critical we are of him.

My main reasons of objection are:

• He adds no extra quality to the squad/we already have better
  • His track record as a goal scorer in club football is vaery poor based on record at Derby/Celtic/Wolves, etc
  • His commitment to us is questionable after kissing the Celtic badge to taunt our fans
  • His commitment to the club - if he wanted to sign so badly why did talks break down on terms initially
  • The signing demonstrates the club's administration has no regard for the feelings of its supporters

What's your thoughts?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure alare number of you will, like me, be seethign about the fact that Kenny Miller has signed for us. My first reaction was to email the club to express my digust (would like to see a number of peopel join me in this if they also feel as strongly as I do), disappointment and lack of ambition shown in bringing this numpty in.

Ithought therefore it woudl be a good idea for us to put dwn the main reasons behind our feelings about the signing to see both where the biggest area is and also to see how widely critical we are of him.

My main reasons of objection are:

• He adds no extra quality to the squad/we already have better
  • His track record as a goal scorer in club football is vaery poor based on record at Derby/Celtic/Wolves, etc
  • His commitment to us is questionable after kissing the Celtic badge to taunt our fans
  • His commitment to the club - if he wanted to sign so badly why did talks break down on terms initially
  • The signing demonstrates the club's administration has no regard for the feelings of its supporters
What's your thoughts?

I think it's not going to make one bit of difference. He's here and that's that. May as well try and make the best of it mate.

I's hard to make the best of a situation that your club ios so publicly sayign it possesses no ambition.

I just really hope that in a year or so we are able to find some other mug team who will be interested in him.

I's hard to make the best of a situation that your club ios so publicly sayign it possesses no ambition.

I just really hope that in a year or so we are able to find some other mug team who will be interested in him.

Well, it's best to talk about that in a year then. Nobody knows yet what he'll bring to the team. We need to give him a chance mate. He's wearing that jersey now and I'll expect him to give every ounce of himself over to it - but we have to give him the chance to do it.

If we don't give him chance, it will be harder for him, if it's harder for him, it's harder for the other guys he plays with - and so on, and so on.

Well, it's best to talk about that in a year then. Nobody knows yet what he'll bring to the team. We need to give him a chance mate. He's wearing that jersey now and I'll expect him to give every ounce of himself over to it - but we have to give him the chance to do it.

If we don't give him chance, it will be harder for him, if it's harder for him, it's harder for the other guys he plays with - and so on, and so on.

Fair point but it does beg the question as to why the club would want to make the signing whenit has the possibility of bringin fan pressure on Miller and the squad as a whole

Poor strike rates and lack of quality are not the genuine problem for most people, we've bought worse in previous seasons without the outrage. The fact he played for Celtic is the number one problem and the fact that our club have not listened to our vocal objection. We're mearly customers without a real say and this is evidence of this. I didnt renew my ST this season due to financial and location issues. However my mate and I had decided we could share a ST to overcome these problems. Today thats been cancelled. :angry2:

What annoys me most is the pathetic reaction it has received from fans of this club.

That any help?

I will 2nd that, miles ott imo.

He would not have been my first choice, but if him and Boyd can get cracking along thats great news for both club and country, one thing to admire about him is his bottle, he has plenty of that, he will know he is not the most popular player and will have to play out his skin to win the fans over, which is another plus point.

Welcome to Ibrox Kenny Miller.

he was pish first time round and still pish, and played for the pish.

Fantastic analysis of the situation. You should send a copy of your in-depth assessment to Walter and Ally pronto, should help Kenny Miller settle and benefit the team no end. (tu)

What annoys me most is the pathetic reaction it has received from fans of this club.

That any help?

He would not have been my first choice, but if him and Boyd can get cracking along thats great news for both club and country, one thing to admire about him is his bottle, he has plenty of that, he will know he is not the most popular player and will have to play out his skin to win the fans over, which is another plus point.

Aye welcome, maybe we can get Neil Lennon in the background staff too, perhaps a tommy burns memorial beside Davie Cooper. Fuck it, lets hope Murray sells the club to Jerry Adams and we can all start waving tri colours.......

That any help?

Aye welcome, maybe we can get Neil Lennon in the background staff too, perhaps a tommy burns memorial beside Davie Cooper. Fuck it, lets hope Murray sells the club to Jerry Adams and we can all start waving tri colours.......

I thought i made a fair point, you my man are talking shite, which reinforces the pathetic reaction as mentioned by Bluepeter.

That any help?

I thought i made a fair point, you my man are talking shite, which reinforces the pathetic reaction as mentioned by Bluepeter.

pcbear, you're spot on. McWeedy, I don't even know what to say to you, pathetic is probably the best word.

That any help?

I'm using extreme examples to emphasize just how much this signing erodes the values and history of our club. 'Pathetic' is a word branded around which does little to actually explain the situation or reaction.

Celtic are our greatest rivals, if that rivalry meant anything then we shouldnt be signing their players. Can you imagine Galatasary accepting a Fenerbache player?

That any help?

I'm using extreme examples to emphasize just how much this signing erodes the values and history of our club. 'Pathetic' is a word branded around which does little to actually explain the situation or reaction.

Celtic are our greatest rivals, if that rivalry meant anything then we shouldnt be signing their players. Can you imagine Galatasary accepting a Fenerbache player?

We signed Miller from Derby, not celtic...and to be honest, when Larsson was at his peak for celtic I would have been absolutely delighted if we had signed him as we would get a great player and celtic fans would be ragin. Who cares who a player has played for? All I care is whether the player is good enough.

That any help?

I take it from this and your previous post that you are not very old? Certainly not very mature. Please explain to me how Kenny Miller is "their" player. We signed him from Derby County. If it is because he played for them in the past, then surely he is "our" player as he played for us first?

That any help?

We already have a former Celtic employee in the background staff in Kenny McDowall

That any help?

I take it from this and your previous post that you are not very old? Certainly not very mature. Please explain to me how Kenny Miller is "their" player. We signed him from Derby County. If it is because he played for them in the past, then surely he is "our" player as he played for us first?

Not very old or mature? What has my opinion got to do with my age? I'm 23 and pretty mature but that is irrelevant. Kenny Miller is 'their' player as he has previously played for them and not so long ago. Yes he was currently with Derby but I still remember him scoring against us. You say he was ours first, let me use the analogy of your wife to illustrate my view on this.

You get married, she leaves and shacks up with the worst possible person (say your brother). Do you take her back? No cause she went with him. Its the same with Celtic, he left and went to the enemy.

Minstral, did you walk into the thread 'How many times can you say pish in the one sentence' thread? :harhar:

That any help?

doh

Not very old or mature? What has my opinion got to do with my age? I'm 23 and pretty mature but that is irrelevant. Kenny Miller is 'their' player as he has previously played for them and not so long ago. Yes he was currently with Derby but I still remember him scoring against us. You say he was ours first, let me use the analogy of your wife to illustrate my view on this.

You get married, she leaves and shacks up with the worst possible person (say your brother). Do you take her back? No cause she went with him. Its the same with Celtic, he left and went to the enemy.

Apologies for not replying sooner, I had to go out for a bit.

Let me give you an analogy:

You employ a cleaner, who does ok for you, everythings clean enough, but she's not outstanding. You allow her to go and clean for someone else when you have finished with her services, and she does. After that, she goes and cleans for your worst enemy, and frankly doesn't clean very well for him. He also doesn't like her very much, so they part company, with the cleaner slagging your worst enemy off. She goes and cleans for someone else, but you think she could come and clean for you again.

Do you refuse to employ her again, because she cleaned for your worst enemy? I wouldn't, if I thought she could do a decent job.

Nobody is asking you to sleep with Kenny Miller, the club are employing him. Two different things entirely.

Fantastic analysis of the situation. You should send a copy of your in-depth assessment to Walter and Ally pronto, should help Kenny Miller settle and benefit the team no end. (tu)

It doesn't have to be an in depth complicated assesment.

minstral is spot on.

Nice avatar by the way.

Obvioulsy it wont be their to antagonize anyone.