Whittaker and Broadfoot

nvager

With a proper run, and an actual right sided midfielder playing ahead of him I still believe that Whittaker could be our right back.

At Hibs he was poor defensively, but he was always excellent going forward and if he can regain his confidence and we adopt a more attack minded approach I see no reason why he can't consistantly reach the potentially he has shown in glimpses.

Ideally thouugh I would prefer a new right back. Garics, Mendy or Torisidos would be nice :)

It is fair to say Broadfoot is not good enough but Whittaker has yet to be given a chance in the position and IMO performed admirably for us last season considering the amount of unnatural poisitions he was asked to accomodate. I would still sign another RB but in direct competition wae Whittaker. Broadfoot gives you everything but just aint gona hack it!!!

Judging on their first season...

Whittaker can be good enough but is far too inconsistent. That is something he has to correct if he hope to hold down a regular slot.

Broadfoot is very consistent, all be it consistently poor. He should never play for Rangers.

both have not played enough in their natural position imo, hopefully they will more next season, i could imagine whittaker as the right back and broadfoot as the centre back with carlos and smith as the left back

Consenus of opinion seems to be that although Broadfoot is an honest trier, that's all he is. Unless Walter goes out and buys a dedicated right back, i reckon we'll have to make do with Whittaker in there, you never know, after a run of games in that position he might surprise us!!

I, for one ain't holding my breath.

Consenus of opinion seems to be that although Broadfoot is an honest trier, that's all he is. Unless Walter goes out and buys a dedicated right back, i reckon we'll have to make do with Whittaker in there, you never know, after a run of games in that position he might surprise us!!

I, for one ain't holding my breath.

Me neither. He deserves a little run, but did not impress in his few games at RB last season.

i dont think either are good enough to be honest. Whittaker does have the potential to be a good player as he has looked good going forward but hes caught out of position far too often when he loses the ball up the park. Cant fault broadfoot for effort but the guy just isnt good enough.