So what do we all think of Velicka?

Danny

He's been the sorta quiet signing, the one we've spoken very little about in light of a £3M+ signing in Lafferty and 'that' signing from Derby, not to mention the bolt out of the blue of Madjid.

So what are our thoughts on the Lithuanian?

I feel he's one of the few positives this pre-season.

He seems to be technical gifted with good awareness, positional sense and control of the ball. Technical quality up front is not something we've boasted literally since the days of Mols.

I am quite impressed with him and it might just be a rare case of hats off to Walter for what is a shrewd signing.

It doesn't really matter that he used to play for Hertz, so did McCann and he was a good wee player for us.

Of course, we/I now have to hope Smith actually starts him.

i rated him at hearts and think he was their best player when he was there, but i think he's going to be played out of position with us and wont get the chance to shine, so i hope i'm wrong and we see what he's really capable of because imo he's a deadly finisher.

Im happy with Velicka's signing, when we played hearts last season I was always asking "is that cunt Velicka on?", very capable in the SPL and should be tested more in europe, got alot of upper body strength and can play with the ball on the ground, nothing too special but fairly good at what he does, he does actually remind me of Cousin but alot more lively.

after his run, header against shalke i was looking forward to seeing him play more but hes done fuck all the time hes been on the park. Needs a longer run out

after his run, header against shalke i was looking forward to seeing him play more but hes done fuck all the time hes been on the park. Needs a longer run out

Did we play him on the wing yesterday? <cr>

i'm happy with him. We have certainly improved up front by selling sebo and getting velicka in for very little outlay( depending who you believe on how much we got for sebo and how much we paid for velicka) Good bit of business by us imo, at least velicka will score goals for us.

When he played for Hearts I never thought he would be a worthwhile signing for us and my opinion has yet to be changed.

I have only seen him in our jersey for the short spell against Kaunas and he just looked as heavy and ponderous as Boyd but with even less movement.

So I will wait and see but his past record does not inspire; ok he scored against them and us but so did Kenny Deuchar and Tam McManus.

Another dud :angry2:

doh

What does Velicka offer us that we don't already have?

Now think about this :rolleyes:

Didn't I offer that in my opening post :)

He seems to be technical gifted with good awareness, positional sense and control of the ball. Technical quality up front is not something we've boasted literally since the days of Mols.

You are comparing Velicka to Mols?

Thats why i'm saying think about what your saying cause thats crazy talk!

Velicka is no better than Cousin <cr>

doh

Not what I said.

doh

Not what I said.

Thats what you wrote!

He's been the sorta quiet signing, the one we've spoken very little about in light of a £3M+ signing in Lafferty and 'that' signing from Derby, not to mention the bolt out of the blue of Madjid.

I am quite impressed with him and it might just be a rare case of hats off to Walter for what is a shrewd signing.

It doesn't really matter that he used to play for Hertz, so did McCann and he was a good wee player for us.

Are you comparing Velicka to Mols?

Are you comparing Velicka to Mols?

think your getting too worked up over it.