So what do we all think of Velicka?

Danny

He's been the sorta quiet signing, the one we've spoken very little about in light of a £3M+ signing in Lafferty and 'that' signing from Derby, not to mention the bolt out of the blue of Madjid.

So what are our thoughts on the Lithuanian?

I feel he's one of the few positives this pre-season.

He seems to be technical gifted with good awareness, positional sense and control of the ball. Technical quality up front is not something we've boasted literally since the days of Mols.

I am quite impressed with him and it might just be a rare case of hats off to Walter for what is a shrewd signing.

It doesn't really matter that he used to play for Hertz, so did McCann and he was a good wee player for us.

Of course, we/I now have to hope Smith actually starts him.

Are you comparing Velicka to Mols?

think your getting too worked up over it.

Just slightly :)

He's been the sorta quiet signing, the one we've spoken very little about in light of a £3M+ signing in Lafferty and 'that' signing from Derby, not to mention the bolt out of the blue of Madjid.

He seems to be technical gifted with good awareness, positional sense and control of the ball. Technical quality up front is not something we've boasted literally since the days of Mols.

I am quite impressed with him and it might just be a rare case of hats off to Walter for what is a shrewd signing.

It doesn't really matter that he used to play for Hertz, so did McCann and he was a good wee player for us.

Technical ??? Didnt he say HIMSELF in his interview " im not so technical , more powerful " or something along those lines

Maybe he's modest :D

lol total avoidance of the question :pipe:

db is right tho,in your words danny your comparing velicka to a mols type player,and if you are your nuts.

velicka is decent but hes a big bustling type striker,hes not going to turn his man,beat 2 players and finish it off thats not his style.

I really like him.. but he has not been given enough time on the pitch. Has he even played half as much as the super dud JCD? jeez.. starting to get negative...

If Walter starts JCD ahead of Velicka Tuesday... something def. wrong imho.

Technical ??? Didnt he say HIMSELF in his interview " im not so technical , more powerful " or something along those lines

Maybe he's modest :D

lol total avoidance of the question :pipe:

db is right tho,in your words danny your comparing velicka to a mols type player,and if you are your nuts.

velicka is decent but hes a big bustling type striker,hes not going to turn his man,beat 2 players and finish it off thats not his style.

Congrats, you both misinterpreted a tad.

At no point did I compare Velicka to Mols.

but your saying "in your opinion" he is in the same mould as mols?

All I said was technical quality up front is not something we've had since the days of Mols.

It's only one atttribute.

The two players couldn't be more different in terms of style.

I'd actually compare Velicka more to Jan Koller - big and strong but with technical class and the ability to use the ball well up top.

All I said was technical quality up front is not something we've had since the days of Mols.

I'd actually compare Velicka more to Jan Koller - big and strong but with technical class and the ability to use the ball well up top.

I know i've asked him the same question :lol:

but i got an answer :craphead:

I know i've asked him the same question :lol:

but i got an answer :craphead:

The least said about the answer the better :craphead:

The least said about the answer the better :craphead:

I agree, because you'd look even sillier than you currently do :)

No Danny you are the one comparing Velicka to a cross between Mols and Koller :mutley:

Good God doh

How more could you twist my replies?

Next you'll have my answers containing messages about Little Chef.

was just talkin to my grandad (hearts season ticket holder) and he said that we shouldnt expect to see him be mobile (eg kenny miller-eqsue) but he will put away chances, but he went onto say how he has no idea why kris boyd aint playing as velicka aint a patch on him

Never thought he was good enough when at Hearts and still don't.

However I'm willing to give him a chance but the £1m could of been spent better, like putting towards Davis or a midfielder.

Of course, it doesn't help when he's lumbered out on the left of midfield doh

Never thought he was good enough when at Hearts and still don't.

However I'm willing to give him a chance but the £1m could of been spent better, like putting towards Davis or a midfielder.

Of course, it doesn't help when he's lumbered out on the left of midfield doh

Only Walter doh

Velicka is probably another player who'll find himself on the bench with little game play or played out of position where he will never be able to show what he is all about.

Only at Rangers and under Walter Smith!