Know what really baffles me.

pcbear

The best player that you ever played with/against probably never made it anywhere in football, to get a pro contract anywhere you must be some player, to get to play for the Rangers you would think you are a cut above again, i watch our team in bewilderment wondering how we have accumulated such a bunch of limited players and how the fuck they got to our great club in the first place.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said it a million times, I play with boys at the 7's/11's that are comfier on a ball that Dailly, McCulloch and Broadfoot etc.

To become a professional you need a big slice of luck, it appears skill with a football isn't all that's required.

I've said it a million times, I play with boys at the 7's/11's that are comfier on a ball that Dailly, McCulloch and Broadfoot etc.

To become a professional you need a big slice of luck, it appears skill with a football isn't all that's required.

There is a lot of talent out there. They just didnt want it enough or were not in the right place at the right time

There is a lot of talent out there. They just didnt want it enough or were not in the right place at the right time

Sometimes you need more luck that skill sadly.

Half our team are testament to that.

My mate ended up at Alloa, when he played with us he made us look right mugs, nutmegging 3 in a row etc , scoring for fun and you could not get the ball from him, a total standout at u16,18 and junior and a dedicated pro.

The point is if someone as skillful as that peaked at Alloa, our lot should be miles better, they most certainly are not.

The majority of the players who play for Rangers are defensive minded. Its not all the players fault that they cant create, if the manager would sign players to compliment their attributes they in turn would become better players.

Playing a lot of defensive players doesnt work and playing a lot of attacking players doesnt work, you have to find a balance and get the best out of your team

As I said in my Lee McCulloch article for RM: http://www.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?op...71&Itemid=2

While I'm concentrating mostly on Lee's Rangers career here, it suggests that only in Scotland/Britain would we mould a target man striker into a midfielder and appreciate it with such gusto. It may also go some way to sadly understanding why we struggle to create skilful Scottish players.

As I said in my Lee McCulloch article for RM: http://www.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?op...71&Itemid=2

While I'm concentrating mostly on Lee's Rangers career here, it suggests that only in Scotland/Britain would we mould a target man striker into a midfielder and appreciate it with such gusto. It may also go some way to sadly understanding why we struggle to create skilful Scottish players.

Shameless plug #1546895326 :P

In all seriousness though I've played against a guy who played for Spartans agianst Livi in the Scottish Cup, a boy who just left Inverness's youth team and a guy who was once on schoolboy terms with Aberdeen and all three have more ability than some of our regualr starting players.

Shameless plug #1546895326 :P

I was eating my dinner, copying and pasting was far easier and quicker then stretching to the keyboard! :P

Ps. Btw, it doesn't actually need any plugs anyway, it is one of the most read articles ever from RM (tu);)

The majority of the players who play for Rangers are defensive minded. Its not all the players fault that they cant create, if the manager would sign players to compliment their attributes they in turn would become better players.

Playing a lot of defensive players doesnt work and playing a lot of attacking players doesnt work, you have to find a balance and get the best out of your team

Spot on!

SOMEBODY SHOULD TELL WATTIE THIS THEN !!!!

The best player I ever played football with DID make it to Rangers, but due to the fact he is an attack minded, flair player he has never been goven a fair crack of the whip by Walter Smith.

Im talking about Alan Gow, who i've known since I was a kid(he is very close friends with my mates big bro and went to my schools).

I'd love him to be given a chance to show to the management staff and the fans what he can do...but it's not going to happen sadly.

The best player I ever played football with DID make it to Rangers, but due to the fact he is an attack minded, flair player he has never been goven a fair crack of the whip by Walter Smith.

Im talking about Alan Gow, who i've known since I was a kid(he is very close friends with my mates big bro and went to my schools).

I'd love him to be given a chance to show to the management staff and the fans what he can do...but it's not going to happen sadly.

Any idea why not mate? Everyone seems puzzled by it. What was the point in signing him!?

Any idea why not mate? Everyone seems puzzled by it. What was the point in signing him!?

He doesnt even know himself why he's not played mate. Was talking to him at the POTY Dinner the other week and he was telling us that he has all but given up on playing now and he asked to be left out of the pre-season tour in order to try and find a club, Norwich broke down for some reason and he didnt want to go to Burnley. The other problem for him at the moment is the fact he has a hamstring injury just now.

You go to Braidfield mate??

You go to Braidfield mate??

Did indeed mate, 98-04

you?

doh

doh

What is it now?

Yeah im a braidy boy as well!

im a bit older than you tho, 93-99 i went

Gow used to be in the year below me (i think), played with him a few times.

mostly played football with andrew mcqueen if you remember him.

Yeah mate, Andy is quite good mates with one of my pals Kevin, they were in a band and some kind of Acting group together.

Oh and Clydebank high is for dobbers :mutley: