A point to remember

gmanhaggis

Now, i was just as p!ssed off as anyone at the signings and pre season performances, let me make that clear. Although i will admit by the 4th goal against liverpool i was just laughing at how shit we were!!!!

Anyway, lots of good teams don't do good pre-season. Milan lost 5-0 to Chelsea for god sake, Milan arent the team they used to be but, thats not like them. Pre-season games are there to mess around with your team and try different things.

Kenny Miller should have never been able to go anywhere the blue jersey again, not only casue be played for the timmy, but casue hes not gud enough. However, I will not boo him. He is a rangers player and as long as he gives 100% every game he will have my support.

If walter buys a good central midfielder and when bazza and King carlos come back, we will be much better of than we were last season. It may look dull now but lets actually get a few games into the season before we declare armageddon.

At the end of the day we still have the core of the team who a) would have won the league if there wasnt the fixture pile up and b) got to the uefa cup final.

Oh yeh and as long as Adam isnt on the pitch, we'll be fine!!!!!! :rangers::rangers:

AC Milan name an unfamiliar line-up. Kaka is unavailable so with a lack of strikers, midfielders Massimo Ambrosini and Andrea Pirlo are named upfront. Gianluca Zambrotta, back from his time is Spain, will play on the right of midfield.

Kalac

Bonera

Simic

Maldini

Favalli

Zambrotta

Flamini

Gattuso

Jankulovski

Pirlo

Ambrosini

Poor Ac Milan team with no Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf and not 1 striker in the squad. They also played on friday against Sevilla, so it was a training exersize as they COULDNT win the Russian cup. Chelsea played the majority of their starters.

Its not a good point

I bet Ac Milan tried to play football, I bet they can take at least 1 positive away from the game and i'm also certain they would have got some of the ball in the 2nd half.

You think Milan would have got something out of being beat 5-0????? You having a laugh? The only thing they would have learnt it what a good hiding feels like.

At the end of the day, it was a pre-season friendly. What does it count for? Nowt. Like I said, lets get a few games into the season in games that count for something then we can start to worry if we're still shit

Its not a good point

I bet Ac Milan tried to play football, I bet they can take at least 1 positive away from the game and i'm also certain they would have got some of the ball in the 2nd half.

You think Milan would have got something out of being beat 5-0????? You having a laugh? The only thing they would have learnt it what a good hiding feels like.

At the end of the day, it was a pre-season friendly. What does it count for? Nowt. Like I said, lets get a few games into the season in games that count for something then we can start to worry if we're still shit

Our game was in between 2 competitive games. We should be up to speed, we should be fitter than Liverpool and should have been better.

Milan couldnt win the tournament, didnt play a good team and used it as a fun game.

No they wouldnt want to get beat 5-0, but losing will not affect their morale. They have 2-3 weeks to get fitter.

Sorry can I just ask, were you at the game on Sat? First half we werent great, but it took a goalkeeping error for Liverpool to take the lead. In the last 10mins of the half we started to play some better attacking football. We could have gone into half time 1-1 if novo hadnt missed what was an open goal.

It was in the second half when idiots like adam came on when Liverpool started to run riot. Second half was shocking, beyond belief.

As always, there's a grain of truth in every mistake. It's true that preseason games are not the be all and end all, but they're not completely meaningless either. They give an impression - not a complete one, but over the course of six or seven games a relatively complete one - of how a team is going to perform in the upcoming season and consistently performing poorly is cause for concern. Even the biggest optimists in our ranks would admit that we haven't impressed so far.

'Buying a central midfielder is not enough, we are crying out for wingers and need to buy 2 or 3 but will be lucky if we get 1.

heard were getting lovenpants!!

well said m8..........im hoping that we can scrap through tomoz night and sign a couple of decent midfielders by thursday deadline......and as for adam.......on sarturday his movement and lack of endevour were a joke...!!!!!

at least miller puts in lots of endevour, so like you said, if you see that then you dnt mind as much!!!!

i really dnt see what ws and am see in adam at all.

Oh yeh and as long as Adam isnt on the pitch, we'll be fine!!!!!! :rangers::rangers:

McGregor, Broadfoot, Webster, Weir, Whittaker, McCulloch, Dailly, Hemdani, Burke, Miller, Darcheville.

Yeh as long as Adam is out the team everything will just be grand. :rolleyes:

We have failed to strengthen the squad: a reject from Celtic who failed to stand out in a hopeless relegated team, a striker who was so important to his team that they wrapped him in cotton wool so that his transfer which made them no profit would not be endangered, and a championship player who couldn't get a game in his supposed natural position. Meanwhile the aging squad members have got older and slower and the slow unfit players have got even fatter and less fit.

'Buying a central midfielder is not enough, we are crying out for wingers and need to buy 2 or 3 but will be lucky if we get 1.

heard were getting lovenpants!!

Well that would be another player being played out of position!