Broadfoot. Give the guy a break!

Markag1991

I have noticed that alot of people (Well the majority of people) absaloutly hate Broadfoot.

Well me personaly a say give him a break!

A meen he came from St. Mirren to the biggest club in Scotland! his distribution is awful yes, But when i watched the Rangers v Schalke game a few weeks back, I thought he stood in at centre back well. He also saved our skin a few times last year in europe!

He is not good enough for a 1st team place but a good backup player to have.

If you look who else is at centre back he isn't that far off there standard or mabye even par with them (except from king carlos). But for bougherra can't say if he is as good or bad as him as i haven't seen him play before.

Let us know what uz think??????

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have noticed that alot of people (Well the majority of people) absaloutly hate Broadfoot.

A meen he came from St. Mirren to the biggest club in Scotland! his distribution is awful yes, But when i watched the Rangers v Schalke game a few weeks back, I thought he stood in at centre back well. He also saved our skin a few times last year in europe!

If you look who else is at centre back he isn't that far off there standard or mabye even par with them (except from king carlos). But for bougherra can't say if he is as good or bad as him as i haven't seen him play before.

point well made :unionflag:

I suppose all tims will be happy if he continues

I think we need to see how he develops this season

I dont hate him but he does not cut it when it comes to rangers not good enough, not even for back up

sorry!

:rangers:

A lot of people who critisise him expect every player to be the finished article at all times. (The same lot who dooed Hutton and thought he was useless) Broadfoot is still learning and is doing well. BTW there are a lot on here who slate Broadfoot but want young players brought into the team - how long will they get to develop before they are also slated as NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!

A lot of people who critisise him expect every player to be the finished article at all times. (The same lot who dooed Hutton and thought he was useless) Broadfoot is still learning and is doing well. BTW there are a lot on here who slate Broadfoot but want young players brought into the team - how long will they get to develop before they are also slated as NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!

Excellent post.

You are either trying to irritate us or you dont know the difference between a very very very poor player and a shite one

Totally agree with you there mate!!

Yeah he looks everything Hutton was it keeps sneaking out every game, dont make us laugh mate he is the worst player ever to play for us

Excellent post.

While I was never one to slate Hutton (I knew he was excellent before the injury), I see a lot more of him in Whittaker than I do in Broadfoot.

It appears that right-back has become something of a poisoned chalice since Hutton left.

You are either trying to irritate us or you dont know the difference between a very very very poor player and a shite one

Well he is better than Andy Webster for 1... and also David Weir (Think its 1 season to much for him)!!

You could see Hutton had the potential though.

Broadfoot lacks the basics, like a decent first touch or the ability to take a throw in.

Hes an SPL standard defender - no more, no less.

He wouldnt get half the stick he gets if he was just backup but the fact that hes a first pick is the reason for him getting so much stick.

Excellent post.

While I was never one to slate Hutton (I knew he was excellent before the injury), I see a lot more of him in Whittaker than I do in Broadfoot.

It appears that right-back has become something of a poisoned chalice since Hutton left.

It's not surprising.

Whittaker was pushed upfield because of the previously mentioned absences to Beasley, Naismith and Burke.

Broadfoot stood up to the task of filling right back.

Broadfoot lacks the basics, like a decent first touch or the ability to take a throw in.

He wouldnt get half the stick he gets if he was just backup but the fact that hes a first pick is the reason for him getting so much stick.

I recall him skipping by three, four and five players when he was at St Mirren.

I recall him skipping by three, four and five players when he was at St Mirren.

Who was that against ? Morton or some shite like that

In all honestly, for as much as I slate Kirk, I don't think having the invisible Lee McCulloch in front of him helps much.

The best right-backs in the world such as Hutton, Alves, Ramos etc would struggle to do the job of two players when played in behind our Lee.

Mabye your right there but is it his fault that Walter picks him for the 1st team???

He goes out and does his best.... some times its good enough some times it isn't!

Well he is better than Andy Webster for 1... and also David Weir (Think its 1 season to much for him)!!

tbh if he is not good enough for the 1st team he should not be at rangers we need our back ups to be 1st team class also. So when injury comes along they can step up to the plate and perform to the standard of the rest of the team

a good example is novo