Broadfoot. Give the guy a break!

Markag1991

A lot of people who critisise him expect every player to be the finished article at all times. (The same lot who dooed Hutton and thought he was useless) Broadfoot is still learning and is doing well. BTW there are a lot on here who slate Broadfoot but want young players brought into the team - how long will they get to develop before they are also slated as NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!

You could see Hutton had the potential though.

Broadfoot lacks the basics, like a decent first touch or the ability to take a throw in.

Hes an SPL standard defender - no more, no less.

He wouldnt get half the stick he gets if he was just backup but the fact that hes a first pick is the reason for him getting so much stick.

Mabye your right there but is it his fault that Walter picks him for the 1st team???

He goes out and does his best.... some times its good enough some times it isn't!

Walter rates a lot of bad players in our pool of players but doesnt have much time for guys who scores goals constantly

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of people who critisise him expect every player to be the finished article at all times. (The same lot who dooed Hutton and thought he was useless) Broadfoot is still learning and is doing well. BTW there are a lot on here who slate Broadfoot but want young players brought into the team - how long will they get to develop before they are also slated as NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!

Broadfoot lacks the basics, like a decent first touch or the ability to take a throw in.

He wouldnt get half the stick he gets if he was just backup but the fact that hes a first pick is the reason for him getting so much stick.

Mabye your right there but is it his fault that Walter picks him for the 1st team???

He goes out and does his best.... some times its good enough some times it isn't!

Walter rates a lot of bad players in our pool of players but doesnt have much time for guys who scores goals constantly

Are you referring to Boyd?

I recall him skipping by three, four and five players when he was at St Mirren.

He probably did, in the SPL its his level.

Hes simply not Rangers class though.

Of course who else can we rely on

How many players have we had that regularly skip by more than 5 players?

How many players have we had that regularly skip by more than 5 players?

weir when he runs in for a corner!!

Hold on.

Two minutes ago you were having a go at Broadfoot for skipping round 'shite like Morton'.

Have you not realised that Boyd goes invisible against teams of any quality as well?

Double standards showing through there.

Yeah he looks everything Hutton was it keeps sneaking out every game, dont make us laugh mate he is the worst player ever to play for us

Don't rate the boy as anything more than an honest tryer and a squad player.

However to describe him as the worst player ever to play for us is a joke.

Are you seriously tring to tell me that Amdi Faye, Andy Kennedy, Nuno Capucho et al played better in a Rangers jersey than him!

<cr>

Hold on.

Two minutes ago you were having a go at Broadfoot for skipping round 'shite like Morton'.

Have you not realised that Boyd goes invisible against teams of any quality as well?

His goal scoring record is good enough for me if you dont like it then thats another problem you have

Hold on.

His goal scoring record is good enough for me if you dont like it then thats another problem you have

Against the SPL/SFL dross.

It's not a problem I have, I'm not the one sitting on the bench every week.

Hold on.

(tu)

It's the same old simplistic flawed logic of the fickle fan.

Results weren't good enough, despite the fact we'd have been happy with that outcome at the start of the season.

Therefore, blame the manager because he must have had better options. Did he?

Players who did play are suddenly "not good enough" whilst those on the bench are now "flawless".

Hold on.

Against the SPL/SFL dross.

It's not a problem I have, I'm not the one sitting on the bench every week.

Tell Walter to solve your problems then and play him in big games, if we go out on Tuesday you are stuck with him playing against dross pal you better face up to it

he does give his best i think he just tries too hard all the time and thats making him no concentrate on his game i know hes a pro but think about it when your out playing in front of your own fans and know there waiting for one wrong move for them to slate you the guy must be a wreck

How is Boyd playing on Tuesday gonna slove our problems? Boyd relys on service and he's not gonna get that with the players we have and let face he canny play up front on his own!

He's young, passionate, give the man time. I remember the state he was in at the

end of the UEFA Cup Final.

To me, this is a guy who will strive to be the best he can. Thats good enough for me.

(tu) - he might not be the best but he will work hard to be as good as he can, we havent seen the best yet, as he is not the finished article, he has been working with a sprint coach this summer.......he will want to evolve his play on the ball, he will work hard at it. Wish players with natural ability ala Cousin would show as much detirmination and fight

Adam, Whitacker, Thomo, Hemdani, McCulloch, Boyd could learn alot off players like Broadfoot and Papac.

I really do think broadfoot will become this seasons Papac a guy who was in the same position as Broadfoot at the begining of last season, look at him now he is turning into a ger legend at left back, thats through hardwork and detirmination to succeed......

He's young, passionate, give the man time. I remember the state he was in at the

To me, this is a guy who will strive to be the best he can. Thats good enough for me.

(tu) - he might not be the best but he will work hard to be as good as he can, we havent seen the best yet, as he is not the finished article, he has been working with a sprint coach this summer.......he will want to evolve his play on the ball, he will work hard at it. Wish players with natural ability ala Cousin would show as much detirmination and fight

Adam, Whitacker, Thomo, Hemdani, McCulloch, Boyd could learn alot off players like Broadfoot and Papac.

I really do think broadfoot will become this seasons Papac a guy who was in the same position as Broadfoot at the begining of last season, look at him now he is turning into a ger legend at left back, thats through hardwork and detirmination to succeed......

Excellent post, Adam! (tu)

(tu)

He's a decent squad player to have for using in the SPL. Wouldn't want him as a first-choice at this stage of his career though.

Did he have the ball with him???

I have noticed that alot of people (Well the majority of people) absaloutly hate Broadfoot.

Well me personaly a say give him a break!

A meen he came from St. Mirren to the biggest club in Scotland! his distribution is awful yes, But when i watched the Rangers v Schalke game a few weeks back, I thought he stood in at centre back well. He also saved our skin a few times last year in europe!

He is not good enough for a 1st team place but a good backup player to have.

If you look who else is at centre back he isn't that far off there standard or mabye even par with them (except from king carlos). But for bougherra can't say if he is as good or bad as him as i haven't seen him play before.

Let us know what uz think??????

You are either trying to irritate us or you dont know the difference between a very very very poor player and a shite one

Well he is better than Andy Webster for 1... and also David Weir (Think its 1 season to much for him)!!

tbh if he is not good enough for the 1st team he should not be at rangers we need our back ups to be 1st team class also. So when injury comes along they can step up to the plate and perform to the standard of the rest of the team

a good example is novo

That didn't make sence to me!

If a player was good enough for the 1st team he would be in it not backup as you have just said!

And how can we keep a player happy to be backup if he is good enough for the 1st team!!

But Broadfoot could step in if there was an injury.... that is why he is a good back up player!!

Did he have the ball with him???

yeah he was running to take a penalty

Very well said Adam, in my opinion. Its early days yet. :clap:

Well i would have said that broadfoot was our best player last night.

And thats telling you something about the team if a ex st.mirren player who is suppost to be backup was the best on the field!!!