Broadfoot. Give the guy a break!

Markag1991

Broadfoot did well last night. Made a couple of crucial challenges for us.

That was a great interception and clearance in the last minute that Cuellar would have been proud of. Unfortunately the ball went to Dailly.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was never a doubt in anyones mind that the guy is not a right back, but rather than praise him for the effort and some good work he got slated.

Now he is playing his natural position he is getting unfairly critized again but IMO he is better than Weir, Dailly, Papac, Hemdani and Webster ever were at CB for Rangers.

Give the guy a break he saved us a few times last night and last week!

I would like to see Broadfoot and Madjid at CB for Falkirk!

He done ok last night but he's not good enough.

Cuellar and Bougherra for Saturday

Perhaps he's not good enough. But he's all we've got. So considering that there are others more deserving of criticism, I think he deserves to be cut some slack.

He's a better centre back at this time than Weir, Dailly and Webster, and for me a better right back than Whittaker.

hes terrible mate sorry he dont deserve a jersey .... and we cant wait and see what happins football waits for no one he cant cut it so he needs to leeve

Quite right! Is that no what the reserves are for? So that when you get brought into the 1t team, you're READY?????

I suppose on the other hand you canny blame the boy - he's gettin stuck in there by selection and tryin his best.

Why do we have to feel sorry for a player who has contributed very litte to RFC. He has been with us for only a short period of time.

He gets paid very well compared to the normal man. So why should we feel bad or settle on a player with limited quality and is NOT RFC standard.

Have we sunk so low?

Are our standards now so low?

nowhere near good enough. it is indicative of the downsizing, and the lowering of standards at Ibrox, that many accept this level of player.

you admit his distribution is terrible, yet have no problem with him playing??????

could you please tell me when he saved us in europe last season????????

the thought of weir and broadfoot as our central partnership, if cuellar is sold, really worries me. no pace, ball watching, poor distribution amongst others. but hey! he is a good Rangers man so lets ignore all his faults.

he's clumsy, he gave away a penalty against celtic causing last minute defeat - a point we could of done with, he cant pass, long balls are a hit and hope, this player should be grateful to play week in week out in the reserves - as too daily - terrible acquisition. if these players are getting a game this season, lets be realistic, we will re-capture the diddy cups and lose another title to celtic

however - walter should not be sacked - the players should be told where to go!

Broadfoot is a very competent centre back, he's made loads of very important, perfectly timed tackles.

His only real problem is when he has time to think with the ball at his feet then his passing becomes an issue. That was his problem at right back, he had too much time with the ball. He'd be better doing a Weir and just clearing his lines.

If he had a run of a few games with Cuellar as a partner he could become a very good centre back.

Most people just think he's pish cause he came from St. Mirren and not Foreign Fc from Foreign land. Or because of his poor attempts at going forward when at right back, eventhough Papac last season rarley made it past the half way line but when it came to the defending aspect he nearly always done his job.

hes terrible mate sorry he dont deserve a jersey .... and we cant wait and see what happins football waits for no one he cant cut it so he needs to leeve

Quite right! Is that no what the reserves are for? So that when you get brought into the 1t team, you're READY?????

I suppose on the other hand you canny blame the boy - he's gettin stuck in there by selection and tryin his best.

Well lets see hear..... he is a backup player..... and our 1st choice CB (cueller) is out..... so who do we bring in.... our BACKUP player which is broadfoot!!!

Isn't hard to understand!

@Gers Dude 90

one tackle against schalke and one last night. thats how many good tackles he has made, i can remember the whole 2 of them.

i dont give a shit where players come from, as long as they are up to the job. broadfoot has no pace, looks like he is running in quicksand, gets caught ball watching, and stands off when he should be attacking the ball. there was a moment last night when they just waltzed through (it may have been when they hit the bar) and broadfoot stood where he was, instead of going to the ball. accepting players of this calibre at Rangers is why we are out of europe before the schools go back. his schoolboy defending against scot macdonald last season cost us a victory at celtc park, and him turning round to remonstrate with someone, when the ball came back of the post at fir park at the end of the season, cost us a goal as the player he should then have been marking was left free to knock in the rebound, as KB was looking the othere way.

there you go! theres some constructive, thought out points as to why i reckon he is not good enough. nothing to do with him not coming from foreign fc. the beggars are crying with laughter seeing pish like him playing for us, and i would be the same if he played for them.

@Gers Dude 90

one tackle against schalke and one last night. thats how many good tackles he has made, i can remember the whole 2 of them.

i dont give a shit where players come from, as long as they are up to the job. broadfoot has no pace, looks like he is running in quicksand, gets caught ball watching, and stands off when he should be attacking the ball. there was a moment last night when they just waltzed through (it may have been when they hit the bar) and broadfoot stood where he was, instead of going to the ball. accepting players of this calibre at Rangers is why we are out of europe before the schools go back. his schoolboy defending against scot macdonald last season cost us a victory at celtc park, and him turning round to remonstrate with someone, when the ball came back of the post at fir park at the end of the season, cost us a goal as the player he should then have been marking was left free to knock in the rebound, as KB was looking the othere way.

there you go! theres some constructive, thought out points as to why i reckon he is not good enough. nothing to do with him not coming from foreign fc. the beggars are crying with laughter seeing pish like him playing for us, and i would be the same if he played for them.

What a load of bull.

He made a couple against Liverpool, standing strong against the likes of Keane and Torres, he made countless last season as well. Im not going to back up my opinion by going through every good tackle he has made.

The foreign point isnt directed at everyone, and isnt meant to be in anyway, but there are good few people on this board that totally disregard a player because he's scottish or comes from a scottish team.

Broadfoot is a joke. He's in the Adam category where you look at him and think "if he's good enough to play for Rangers then I must be". Makes me want to try and get a trial. That's how shit he is. He's not even good enough for the bench.

Broadfoot is an out and out Donkey. I love reading about the sentimental values of a player and Oh 'how he gives his all' but this is modern football and we tend not to think of them these days as Right Back they are attacking wing backs, Hutton epitomised this. Broadfoot reminds me of Sunday league players, ball at feet, run like fuch and hope nobody gets in yer way. Make no mistake, I am not offering any replacements for what has become a void in the team but if I and countless others can see it, how can the management team not see it and have made this positionn a priority.

OMG Broadfoot has turned into the kick stand yet again....when anything goes wrong it is Broadfoots fault

I wouldnt mind but Broadfoot last night was one of our best players....

WEIR, DAILLY WHITTY, MCCULLOCH, THOMO, ADAM

if your gonna blame anyone for last night start with them.......

was that when he gave the ball away at the goal, or was it when he dived in for the penalty that you are talking about. he stood so strong against keane and torres that we were pumped 4-0.

you are entitled to your opinion, as i am mine, and IMO you are wrong. KB is a donkey. i have played the game at a decent enough level to know what i am talking about. in fact you wouldnt have needed to play the game at all to see that he is not good enough. if he, and the other donkeys in the team, were up to the task, we wouldnt be watching one of the worst Rangers teams ever right now. the entire team from last night could be sold (if anyone would buy) as far as i am concerned. losing to the kaunus players that are not good enough to be shipped to hearts is an absolute disgrace

OMG Broadfoot has turned into the kick stand yet again....when anything goes wrong it is Broadfoots fault

Read the 1st post. Nobody's blaming Broadfoot for last night. We're just discussing one of our players and he just happens to be shit, so we're saying so.

Read the 1st post. Nobody's blaming Broadfoot for last night. We're just discussing one of our players and he just happens to be shit, so we're saying so.

dude, read the first post funny how it has picked up since last night, coincidence I think not

dude, read the first post funny how it has picked up since last night, coincidence I think not

Not really: http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?...mp;hl=broadfoot

There's 3 pages ripping him from a month ago.