New Club Tie

Frankie

I seen a few officials with it on at the Kaunas game, i really like it.

Was the old one the original club tie or was there more before that?

I think there have been several over the years mate.

When I played for Scotland v England at Ibrox (in the Victory Shield in 1992), we were given one by Walter and it was a much plainer design than the most recent ones.

I seen a few officials with it on at the Kaunas game, i really like it.

Was the old one the original club tie or was there more before that?

I think there have been several over the years mate.

When I played for Scotland v England at Ibrox (in the Victory Shield in 1992), we were given one by Walter and it was a much plainer design than the most recent ones.

Were you a footballer Frankie? :huh:

Did you play proffessional?

Yes, I was a goalie mate.

I was signed 'S' Form with Dundee Utd until I was 16 but wanted to delay my full signing until the following year so I could finish my education. Club didn't like that so I was released. I had played a full season for the Scotland under 15s and then the under 16s team by that point.

Played for Cowdenbeath in the youth league after that and Cambridge Utd amongst others. Then was on loan to my local Junior team for a couple of seasons before going back to Hutchie Vale for a year. Finished off back in Junior football for another 2 years before my failing eyesight really started to hold me back. Gave up playing when I was about 22/23.

Yes, I was a goalie mate.

I was signed 'S' Form with Dundee Utd until I was 16 but wanted to delay my full signing until the following year so I could finish my education. Club didn't like that so I was released. I had played a full season for the Scotland under 15s and then the under 16s team by that point.

Played for Cowdenbeath in the youth league after that and Cambridge Utd amongst others. Then was on loan to my local Junior team for a couple of seasons before going back to Hutchie Vale for a year. Finished off back in Junior football for another 2 years before my failing eyesight really started to hold me back. Gave up playing when I was about 22/23.

You chose your education over going proffessional? That is bloody well admirable mate. I doubt i could have made the same decision.

You chose your education over going proffessional? That is bloody well admirable mate. I doubt i could have made the same decision.

I have my parents and Allan Preston (now a BBC Radio Scotland pundit) to thank for that. My dad worked with Allan's so I knew him before I played for Utd.

He also told me not to sign 'S' Form - probably should have listened to him there as well as I was a bit disappointed with aspects the Utd set-up despite the praise they got around that time. Had some great times over those few years and played with/against some fine players.

Interestingly, I scored for Utd against Rangers in the NI Milk Cup semi-final of 1991.

I have my parents and Allan Preston (now a BBC Radio Scotland pundit) to thank for that. My dad worked with Allan's so I knew him before I played for Utd.

He also told me not to sign 'S' Form - probably should have listened to him there as well as I was a bit disappointed with aspects the Utd set-up despite the praise they got around that time. Had some great times over those few years and played with/against some fine players.

Interestingly, I scored for Utd against Rangers in the NI Milk Cup semi-final of 1991.

intresting to find that out as for scoring against rangers :2g: :mutley:

intresting to find that out as for scoring against rangers :2g: :mutley:

:D

Don't think many goalies have done that... ;)

We did get beat in the final by Norwich City though... :(

you may be right there you could actually be the only one you may be a record holder anyone clarify??

you may be right there you could actually be the only one you may be a record holder anyone clarify??
Remember this was at under 15 level... ;)
ok reality check! good on you thought (tu)
Remember this was at under 15 level... ;)
ok reality check! good on you though (tu)

I have scored for Rangers and im goalkeeper :D well ok it was training at murray park but i was pleased! Can anyone remember who klos celebrated against after he "scored" for us? And who it was that actually scored the goal?

I have scored for Rangers and im goalkeeper :D well ok it was training at murray park but i was pleased! Can anyone remember who klos celebrated against after he "scored" for us? And who it was that actually scored the goal?

Dundee Utd. He went up for a corner and he threw himself at it but it was Namouchi who actually scored. It was in the last minute as well to draw 1-1 I think. New Years Day I think.

Dundee Utd. He went up for a corner and he threw himself at it but it was Namouchi who actually scored. It was in the last minute as well to draw 1-1 I think. New Years Day I think.

dead right u google that <_<

Nope, from memory. I remember watching Sky Sports News and it had flashed on the screen "Dundee Utd 1-1 Rangers: Stefan Klos 90'". I couldn't believe it and it turned out Namouchi scored. Which was even more unbelievable.

Nope, from memory. I remember watching Sky Sports News and it had flashed on the screen "Dundee Utd 1-1 Rangers: Stefan Klos 90'". I couldn't believe it and it turned out Namouchi scored. Which was even more unbelievable.

:lol: very true !!

I remember tht game haha.. big klos threw himself at it a pure beast but ending up the other guy got last touch on it at the back post or something. Shoulda been klos goal tho cause guys legend! :D