'The guy who wrote the match report

*Manticore*

How dare our fans playfully boo a Celtic fan playing for Liverpool...!

Interestingly, the incident with David Healy and Celtic fans having a bit of banter was blamed on the player that time. This time the fans are to blame with more religious bigotry inferred.

But balance was never Poor Graham's strong point.

The booing of Keane was, quite frankly, an embarassment.

It was a bit ridiculous. I saw no need for it. Fair enough if he was a former Celtic player, like with Arsenal booing the Madrid boys last night like Heinze etc, but this seemed totally unecessary.

End of discussion, he supports our rivals and therefore he was booed. What is "ridiculous" about that Danny? It is called rivalry.

Interestingly, the incident with David Healy and Celtic fans having a bit of banter was blamed on the player that time. This time the fans are to blame with more religious bigotry inferred.

How the hell do you work that out? Robbie Keane is a Celtic fan, that is why he was booed. What can you possibly see wrong with that?

Even in this PC-mad 21st century they are still our rivals believe it or not. Or have you just fallen for the Speirs line of it being a religious thing? <cr>

Robbie Keane himself states he's a Liverpool fan.

He also said a few years ago he supports the filth

theres also a video on youtube of him, stephen carr and shay given at a celtic game.

How the hell do you work that out? Robbie Keane is a Celtic fan, that is why he was booed. What can you possibly see wrong with that?

Even in this PC-mad 21st century they are still our rivals believe it or not. Or have you just fallen for the Speirs line of it being a religious thing? <cr>

Keane has been spotted and filmed at quite a few Celtic games with Damien Duff. And needless to say he never held back in singing a few of the old ditties either. He only claimed he was a Liverpool fan around the time he got his big money move, interesting that.

yes danny so he is, heres why he was booed.

I was at a rangers v tottenham friendly a few years ago and before the game Keane was giving it all the " I love celtic" talk before the game. During his 10 mins on the park he was booed. After the match i remember some papers and celtic fans going on about us being sectarian because we were booing him for being an irish catholic, despite the fact that Tottenham had 2 other irish catholics ( Stephen Carr and gary doherty) playing, and they were not booed at all.

wee arsehole that he is - booed and rightly so - if that makes me a bigot so be it.

I was at a rangers v tottenham friendly a few years ago and before the game Keane was giving it all the " I love celtic" talk before the game. During his 10 mins on the park he was booed. After the match i remember some papers and celtic fans going on about us being sectarian because we were booing him for being an irish catholic, despite the fact that Tottenham had 2 other irish catholics ( Stephen Carr and gary doherty) playing, and they were not booed at all.

Indeed. But let's not facts get in the way of a god of Spiers lie... ;)

""I'm a Celtic fan, and I have said that one day I would like to play for them.""

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...tic/4592281.stm

Fair enough, I stand corrected.

This is what happens when you take what a player says (him saying he was a Liverpool fan) at face value. Something I try not to do.

Damien Duff, Robbie keane and Stephen Carr?

They were at parkhead last time..

Shay given aswell?

If people are speaking about a match last season it was Duff, Carr and Shay, the three Newcastle boys that were at the game not Keane. Unless they all went a different time. I've read before Keane a Celtic man, was surprised when reading he is now a Liverpool fan, fair enough though, he got his transfer and I'd rather he played for Liverpool than Celtic!

What a lot of nonsense.

What a lot of nonsense.

Ach leave him alone, he's obviously feeling all embarassed.

He might even be offended, you can always find reasons to get offended if you try hard enough.

What a lot of nonsense.

Ach leave him alone, he's obviously feeling all embarassed.

He might even be offended, you can always find reasons to get offended if you try hard enough.

Sorry - I forgot a rivalry was basically just religious hatred these days.... :D

Already wasted too much time discussing this man. Lock the thread. He doesnt exist.

Sadly he does. And even now he's lost the majority of his audience thanks to demotion from the Herald, plenty of folk still want to waste their time chastising him.

I have better things to do.

Already wasted too much time discussing this man. Lock the thread. He doesnt exist.

Sadly he does. And even now he's lost the majority of his audience thanks to demotion from the Herald, plenty of folk still want to waste their time chastising him.

But you still give the thread a bump :rolleyes:

A inevitable side effect of replying Mr Core.

And you do it again :DKeep it up

I love Cartesian circles :)Anything in particular?

I love Cartesian circles :)Anything in particular?

I love spam.

Nice sig m!!