The current situation

Swagger

something good has to come out of the current situation. I cant really remember Smith coming out and actually saying that they needed a bit of flair and creativity until this week. I believe that if they had put a couple past Kaunas and maybe scraped a draw or kept the score down against liverpool he would have plodded on with this mince. We have all known that Rangers have lacked creativity for a few seasons now but I reckon Smith would rather a midfield of ball winners to get him through a season. the team is still short of a good few players but 2 quick creative midfielders are an absolute must and Smith has to get it right. the worrying thing is that even if results don't improve Murray wouldn't sack him - what im hoping for is that Smith will realise that his status as a Rangers legend is under severe pressure if he can't turn this shite round. This current team is no better than PLG's crap - look at Liverpool -they have had a fairly average run of results so far pre season and haven't scored many yet they wander into Ibrox and walk all over Rangers

This is a very testing time for Smith and co and this is his last chance in a lot of fans eyes ( even though Murray will do fuck all about it). He has to get the signings in and get them right - if he can it might give him the chance to slowly move on the crap like Adam,McCulloch etc and get some youth bled in

I agree.

The only slight positives to come out of our current plight are that the players realise they need to do more, and Walter himself realises the lack of creativity could cost us both European qualification AND the league.

Couldnt agree more,sometimes a humping is a blessing in disguise,I reckon Fleck would do us more a turn in midfield than Adam,Mcculloch and Dailly,Wattie just seems to be over protecting him,i know hes not the answer to all our prayers and we need more flair brought in but i hate seeing Mcculloch and Dailly shifted around our midfield when we have two youngsters who are naturals in there(Furman),Cant do any worse than Lee and Christian

:rangers:

Good posts throughout!

Couldnt agree more with the coments that have been made.

I think its a shame that WS and his Rangers status is on the brink of being flushed down the bog.

It doesnt take a brain surgeon to see what the side lacks.

Why does WS keep buying experienced players who have past it? Is he affraid of trying something new? Is Murray and Bain picking the sides?

All we ask for is a team who go out week in week out and have a good go at sides. Positive play is what the fans want.

If we can add 1 or 2 pieces to this scrambled jigsaw who knows what the picture would be! Hopefully something better than what we currently have!

I am in no way a blind Watty fan, but he did repeatedly state last season that he would try to bring in flair this summer to add to the fighting spirit he created last season. It would just appear that his targets keep either turning us down or are priced out of our budget so far and he is having to rethink. Or possibly that he has his target and is waiting for him to become available nearer the deadline.

As for buying players who are past it, yes Weir and Dailly certainly fit that bill, but the likes of Broadfoot, Whittaker, Naismith, Thomson are all young players who should improve after their first full season with the club.

Come on bears FFS, we are pissed off at the way last season ended and underwhelmed by the signings so far, but considering the mess we were in 18 months ago when St Johnstone were the first lower league side in our history to knock us out of a domestic cup at Ibrox, and lowly Dunfermline knocked us out of the SC at the first hurdle, and we were sitting miles behind the scum, things are not too bad. We all want change overnight, but we dont have the money to do that, so it was always going to take a couple of years to get right.

I am in no way a blind Watty fan, but he did repeatedly state last season that he would try to bring in flair this summer to add to the fighting spirit he created last season. It would just appear that his targets keep either turning us down or are priced out of our budget so far and he is having to rethink. Or possibly that he has his target and is waiting for him to become available nearer the deadline.

As for buying players who are past it, yes Weir and Dailly certainly fit that bill, but the likes of Broadfoot, Whittaker, Naismith, Thomson are all young players who should improve after their first full season with the club.

Come on bears FFS, we are pissed off at the way last season ended and underwhelmed by the signings so far, but considering the mess we were in 18 months ago when St Johnstone were the first lower league side in our history to knock us out of a domestic cup at Ibrox, and lowly Dunfermline knocked us out of the SC at the first hurdle, and we were sitting miles behind the scum, things are not too bad. We all want change overnight, but we dont have the money to do that, so it was always going to take a couple of years to get right.

Why get the fans hopes up about playing with flair, or is it more like the fear of losing for Smith is making him play the dreadful 4-5-1

Not sure if Naismith and Whittaker are good examples, as so far they've both been wasted by being played out of position. I seem to remember Whittaker playing at left midfield at least once, which is just madness. Can't see Naismith featuring much this season either, sadly.

He is still hoping to play Cuellar according to the ET when we need goals, he is a fucking idiot

No doubt he will play him unfit and he will be out for longer

Would you not be hoping to play Cuellar like?

Some of your posts doh

just a few days ago i read in my paper lee mac ,whitaker thomson adam all in different articles ,last season has made us better players and the waiting is over,mccoist says we are ready when will all this crap stop.

McCoist is becoming even less believable than Walter.