Was tonights result a good thing

TartanTeddy

We didn't lose tonight to a fluke, we didn't lose to a team that was worse than ours. We were outplayed both home and away by a team from the Lithuanian League.

It's difficult to accept, but sadly it's true.

So had we struggled past them tonight, where would we be. Trying to struggle past the Danes next week, and then a struggle against teams in the UEFA or Champions League. We would have stuck with the same style of play, and in my mind we would have been an embarrassment. The impact of that would have been to also have stuck with that standard of play in the SPL, which is something that I don't think I could have handled. In the end I wouldn't see us sustaining a decent challenge for the title - because whether we like to admit it or not, we are currently shambolic.

So does going out tonight have a disasterous impact, or is it the catalyst for real change.

Clearly alarm bells must be sounding at Ibrox. The result obviously has an impact on the squad, and will surely lead to transfer activity. But what if it was used as a force of change that was positive. Is that impossible? If the club use this as a means to shed players why does it have to be Cuellar. Why not cut wages and trim the squad but retain the better (contracted) players. Keep Carlos but sell on McCulloch, Weir and Dailly - yes they signed contacts recently but doesn't mean thay can't be sold - as they were obviously kept with a view that we would have more games. Adam, Whittaker and Hemdani could go. Certainly Darchville and Cousin should leave to free up wages. In a fantasy world Miller would also follow - but I think that's taking the optimism too far!

If we don't panic then I can see positives - don't get me wrong the income would have been good, we all wanted to stay in Europe - but maybe this forces us to make changes, to use younger players, too look to a better style of football. To actually consider buying someone, anyone, that could deputise for BF and maybe even support him when he's back.

As dark a time as it is, maybe we will look back in May and realise this was the best thing that could have happened to our (currently) shambolic set up.

Christ I hope so!

No European money, no quality players will want to join us and we wont be able to afford them. celtc will get all the CL money aswell.

Yet again they are streets ahead of us. Smith said in his interview that it will be very hard to pick the players up after tonight.

How can that be a good thing?

The only thing the defeat highlights is that we have no excuses this season if we do in fact lose the league. We will struggle as we have no midfield and by the look of it we won't bring anyone else in as we have no money.

The best thing we can hope for is that Mr Murray tries to pull the wool over our eyes and provide some substantial funds from his own purse to buy in quality. If he doesn't then we will struggle more than you could ever imagine.

The only real change is that Celtic's success and power over us grows ten fold whilst we worse.

gonna be a long hard season. (which i knew before tonight)

No European money, no quality players will want to join us and we wont be able to afford them. celtc will get all the CL money aswell.

Yet again they are streets ahead of us. Smith said in his interview that it will be very hard to pick the players up after tonight.

How can that be a good thing?

hard to pick the players up? its no even the fuckin start of the season!! if their feelin like that were fucked!!

How can going out of Europe and losing £10 million be good for any club?

Jesus christ!

Along with everyone on here I laughed my arse off when they went out to Arrtmedia.

I haven't smiled very much since. A season to build, and a season to shed the makeweights might be exactely what we need right now.

If you think we are playing good football then you obviously don't watch many games. Change is needed. It's desperatly needed. And change at Ibrox is only likely when there is immense pressure. Disagree if you want, it's all about opinions. But I hope that this sees us make major changes and a move away from some of the drivel that we have had to watch over the last six to eight months.

if we got into the CL we would have got pumped and make a joke of ourselfs

lets face it as from 2moro am going to try and accept being second best in scotland

Never.

thats the way its looking and our club seems to be happy with it

and be honest can you see us getting better

We will carry this result for five years as well. All the good work over the last three years and getting ourselves up the ranking undone by this rubbish.

That's certainly true. And I'm not suggesting tonight was in any way a good result. It was obviously a disaster, and an embarassment. That much doesn't really need said. What I am suggesting is that we are in such a state of decline, and that includes the end of last season, that something of this magnitude is maybe the only thing that will bring about major change. As a ST holder I don't know I can handle another year of deadly dull performances and negativity.

So lets hope that from here the only way is up (though without BF I thnk we have another few months of suffering ahead unless we buy a replacement or adequate cover).

Absolutely no way is that a good thing. the beggars have a real chance to leave us behind now, all the tv money, and us an utter shambles. we will not sign anyone now, and cuellar may be sold to make up for the loss of revenue, and that team of donkeys that smith is putting on the park at the moment will be lucky to finish 3rd and i genuinely mean that.

think what he is trying to say is we got found out tonight in the worst fashion if we had limped past tonight the board would be all smiles covering up the fact we cant play football

so bottom line it is only a good thing if it is a catalyst for massive change in either personel managment tactics or all three

Losing £10m.

Being embarassed in front of the world by some second string Hearts squad.

Having that idiot Romanov prattling on like a smug idiot at us.

Facing the realisation that any decent player with an ounce of ambition will not come anywhere near our club now.

Looking across at that mediocre, manky lot and having to face the fact that they're a far better footballing team than us, and they're only going to get stronger with the extra income.

Aye... definately a good thing. Roll on the season. :rolleyes:

'Keep Carlos but sell on McCulloch, Weir and Dailly - yes they signed contacts recently but doesn't mean thay can't be sold - as they were obviously kept with a view that we would have more games. Adam, Whittaker and Hemdani could go. Certainly Darchville and Cousin should leave to free up wages. In a fantasy world Miller would also follow - but I think that's taking the optimism too far! '

Who the fucks gonna buy this shite !!!!

Carlos will probably be sold.

Hope Bougherra hasn't a clause saying he can leave if we don't make Europe.

No-one will buy Dailly,Weir,Broadfoot,Adam or Darche.

Maybe get something for Cousin and McCulloch.

Smith will keep the Scottish boys and sell the rest......sowe will not win the league this year.