Cuellar leaving ?

krisyrfc

Would that make Kirk Broadfoot a first choice at centre-back? :no: :no: :no: :no:

No I expect a renewed bid for Steven Pressley and a back 5 of Broadfoot,Webster,Pressley, Weir and Papac with Boughera and Dailly playing the defensive midfield roles

:anguish:

If Cuellar genuinly has a long term future with us, fine. And by that I mean we are willing to improve the terms of his contract, and he'd be willing to stay here for another 3-4 years.

However, if the plan was always going to be to sell him this summer, or at latest next summer.........then part of me just thinks, well, lets just get it over with then. If a club is willing to pay £10m for him, lets take all the blows now rather than later, and try to rebuild for the future. Hopefully with a new manager that has a long term vision and isn't scared to give young guys a chance.

When Hutton went, blame could be aimed at Murray. If Cuellar was to go, the blame should be aimed squarely at Walter.

anyone think the king might leave now as we have no european games? and now that weve not got our 10 million from champions league murray might sell him out.

No. I don't.

Rangers always (supposedly) account for worst case scenario (i.e. no c/l money) when planning for a season.

We will hear SDM or MB say these exact words in the next few days....isn't there an AGM due soon?

What WILL happen now is that our spending for this t/f window will be virtually scrapped, unless we sell first.

In my view, tonights result was always going to have a bearing on how much we would spens

Get past Kaunas & we would at least have some money from UEFA cup to spend if we didn't get past Aalborg. So, we'd perhaps get Davis.

Get past Aalborg & we would have perhaps seen a (dare I say these words) 'blue chip' signing heading our way!

Now, out of Europe all together, unless we can offload some of the pile of shite that's already on our books then we're stuck with what we've got & no more signings on the way!

i've had a bad feeling that cuellar may be on his way, but now with no europe, i fear that even more. sell cuellar and try recoup some of the money we have just lost out on from europe this year? i wouldn't put it past them!!

King Carlos i reckon would only leave if told to by SDM. Which probs happen cause the £20million fae Europe last season no one has seen. Only seen £8million say off Huttons exit. So selling Cuellar would probs make founds to bring in some more scotland rejects and more defensive mids...

Cueller has absolutely no incentive to stay; he is the one player holding this shambles together; there is no CL campaign; no sign of any kind of improvement; no new ideas or fresh blood; a dinosaur of a manager; a chairman who will sell at the first decent bid (e.g. £10 million+).

And I would not blame the guy for walking away.

If Murray thought he could get away with it I think he would but we are in uncharted waters so far as our relationship with him goes because septic are already on 3 in a row, so he will be a little wary of pushing us too far.

The shareholders meeting should be very interesting this year :ph34r:

I think it's jumping the gun a little to assume that Cuellar will be leaving. It's a bit of a scare story that's spread like wildfire after the result last night (partly because of a conspiracy theory related to Cuellar not playing) so I remain to be convinced that there's some substance behind it.

anyone think the king might leave now as we have no european games? and now that weve not got our 10 million from champions league murray might sell him out.

I think if we lose the King it will be a carbon copy of the Hutton deal, he has said angain and again that he has no interest in moving but if the bean counters in Murray's head say soo he'll be moved on....