Why do we do this to ourselves?

McBoyd

A UEFA CUP FINAL RUN, that finally puts us on the charts.

And three months later, out in the first round of the CL.. which makes us a laughing stock..

FFS..!

No im not saying "SMITH OUT" or "FUCK MURRAY" as the whole board seems to be.

Its the players, and obviously walter signed them, BUT its the players.

Something needs to change training wise..

I remember smiths' old tactic was based around the team playing as MATES.. now its just..PLAYERS it seems..

The players can certainly take their fair share of the blame but the manager should bear ultimate responsibility.

His strange transfer dealings and bizarre team selections resulted in us being knocked out. I simply don't know what the guy is thinking.

The players can certainly take their fair share of the blame but the manager should bear ultimate responsibility.

His strange transfer dealings and bizarre team selections resulted in us being knocked out. I simply don't know what the guy is thinking.

Dementia???

Dementia???

Well he's certainly forgotten that Rangers teams are supposed to play with pride, commitment and passion while actually attempting to attack teams.... ;)

The team that started last night was disgraceful. It was cowardly, incompetent and immediately put us on the back foot.

You dont have Celtic fans in your face all the time do you mcboyd?

The teams not good enough, a long way from what it should be for Rangers.

Smiths 4-5-1 formation, went to show last night that it doesnt work all the time.

A uefa cup run that would put us on the charts? It was always a fluke, and i think every team around Europe knew that.

His decision to sign 3 strikers and no midfielders has cost us, as simple as that.

What is the point of signing a striker like Lafferty and not play him when the money spent on him could of gone to a midfielder?

Baffling!

IMO it's time for hime to go. This current team as it stands are one of the worst I have ever wittnesed.

It's damage limitation time - We will be lucky to get 2nd this year.

And three months later, out in the first round of the CL.. which makes us a laughing stock..

FFS..!

I remember smiths' old tactic was based around the team playing as MATES.. now its just..PLAYERS it seems..

This post is hypocritical.

Its blaming the players one minute and then the training! Its the management's fault!

bizarre team selections = nail on head

not to mention the bizarre signings

I'm afraid buying a load of strikers before addressing our midfield deficiencies was always akin to buying bullets before you buy a gun.

Bullets are deadly when fired from a gun but they won't do much damage if you just throw them at your opponent.

FFS..!

This post is hypocritical.

Its blaming the players one minute and then the training! Its the management's fault!

:lol: Hyprocritical? You can blame more than ONE thing boab?

You dont have Celtic fans in your face all the time do you mcboyd?

:lol: Even if i did i wouldn't give two fucks what they think mate! I don't support rangers to think "yes i can get one up on timmy".. i support the club, i don't care what anyone else says about us.

I live in england, i get alot of mocking about supporting a scottish team, all the way through school and still now..

So whilst its not tims, its english people...

And still i have always worn my gers top proud at school, win or lose. They all respect that now.

Stick to off topic McBoyd (tu)

Whys that then mate? A person from outside glasgow isn't allowed their say? :P

I've got a different view of it all from here, and thats obviously showing in what i write compared to you lot :lol:

I understand what mcboyd is saying.

I do think Smith has outstayed his welcome though. We are in serious trouble if we continue with him, he is short sighted and I don't think he has it in him to arrest the decline we've been seeing.

A big change has to happen.

Agreed that the players seem to have forgotten what it's like to take the game to the enemy, but Walter's tactics have become a diabolical joke.

The biggest problem (outside initial team selection) is his absolute refusal to change something that clearly isn't working until far too late in the game - time and time again. Get your subs out there if players can't hack it. KM limping for what - 10 minutes or so?- in a game of that magnitude?!!! A scoobied midfield for most of the game, yet it's allowed plod on and on and on? I guess at this point in time, we just all have to accept this (to prevent cardiac arrest); if WS hasn't changed by now, he never will.

The teams nowere near good enough to win the league, Celtic are growing miles ahead of us (tu)

Sad thing is, Bar Cuellar, Papac. Ferguson, Their miles ahead of us in every position now. 2 titles in 8 years is a disgrace..

Smith is not the man to take us forward..Murray and Bain are running the club into the ground.

And its not just the players, Any gump of a manager could have beaten Kaunas, But smith, plays the most bizare tactics, with 4-5-1 against Kaunas at home :rolleyes: