Claudio Cannigia

Read this while doing a wee search on him.

Does anybody know if its true.Still staying here.

Take our minds away from mediocrity.He was still a real good player in 2003.

Reckon he has been the fastest Football player ever.Ran 100 MTS in 10.07 secs

Saturday, February 19 2005 4:24

Former Argentina striker Claudio Caniggia has announced his retirement at the age of 38.

Caniggia played 50 matches and scored 16 goals for his country in an international career which spanned 15 years from 1987.

The striker, who had been playing in Qatar, told Argentinia's Radio del Plata: "The truth is that after seven months of inactivity, and although I train every day and I am very well physically, I have decided to retire.

"I had offers but I wasn't enthusiastic about them. I was bored in Qatar and it did not add anything to my career. It was good for me financially but for nothing else."

His children still go to school in Glasgow where he won the 2002/03 Scottish Premier League title with Rangers.

Caniggia, who made his professional debut with River Plate in 1985, also played for Verona, Atalanta, AS Roma, Boca Juniors, Benfica and Dundee before moving to Rangers and finally Qatar Club.

In all he played 457 matches and scored 122 goals.

he is one of argentina key player when argentina reach the final on WC 90

user posted image

I would rather have him now than 4/5 of the dustbins he plays currently.

Remember SAF saying if you put 11 Dustbins in the box teams would still find it hard to score-Is that where ye got your tactical nous Wattie.

Remember SAF saying if you put 11 Dustbins in the box teams would still find it hard to score-Is that where ye got your tactical nous Wattie.

not if it was 11 rangers dustbins :angry2: <_< :angry2: <_< :angry2: <_<

not if it was 11 rangers dustbins :angry2: <_< :angry2: <_< :angry2: <_<

Too-True :mutley: