MURRAY MUST GO

Tumshie

This is the first time I have felt this way about SDM. I'm not one for jumping on the bandwagon and like to give everyone a decent chance at it e.g. I wanted PLG to be given a full season at Ibrox to see if he could turn it around.

Now I have just fuckin lost it with Murray. Smith, of course isn't blameless but after making £20 mil last year for the club plus the sale of hutton he should have been given at least half of that to buy quality players.

The penny pinching when it comes to signings in the past few years has been dire with the most recent case being Steve Davis. He's no Stevie Gerrard but what a difference he would have made to that midfield (and I use that term losely) last night.

Add to that the stadium announcement in May or the lack of it, the JJB Sports deal and other asset stripping actions its clear Murray must go and go now!!!!!

I'm fed up with his excuses and his lies

A lot of us would like to see a new owner. I have wanted that ever since Murray went back(wards) to Smith. To me that showed he has lost ambition and his heart is not in it anymore. Trouble is we are not attractive to potential buyers and appear to be stuck with him and he stuck with us. It's a sad state of affairs.

Trouble is we are not attractive to potential buyers and appear to be stuck with him and he stuck with us. It's a sad state of affairs.

It makes me question what the hell Murray is seeking - I can't see how The Rangers aren't an attractive proposition.

If Murray could go he would have there is just no one wanting to buy us and with the current global financial situation it's unlikely that anyone will in the near future.

If we had anyone interested in buying the club, Murray would leave tomorrow.

We don't and that's the most worrying thing regarding all of us.

I'd like to know why - what is Murray asking for that is making this so difficult?

Big time. I think it's safe to say we have been up for sale for a few years as it is. And with us out of Europe with a rubbish team and manager with not much hope for the next few years.

Well

It's tough times ahead.

True Frankie, but why has no-one come in to buy ? Surely Rangers are a very attractive buy for the right person ?

True Frankie, but why has no-one come in to buy ? Surely Rangers are a very attractive buy for the right person ?

Why?

We are in a 3rd rate league.

We don't make enough money.

This is the first time I have felt this way about SDM. I'm not one for jumping on the bandwagon and like to give everyone a decent chance at it e.g. I wanted PLG to be given a full season at Ibrox to see if he could turn it around.

Now I have just fuckin lost it with Murray. Smith, of course isn't blameless but after making £20 mil last year for the club plus the sale of hutton he should have been given at least half of that to buy quality players.

The penny pinching when it comes to signings in the past few years has been dire with the most recent case being Steve Davis. He's no Stevie Gerrard but what a difference he would have made to that midfield (and I use that term losely) last night.

Add to that the stadium announcement in May or the lack of it, the JJB Sports deal and other asset stripping actions its clear Murray must go and go now!!!!!

I'm fed up with his excuses and his lies

The way i see it is we tried to save money by offering £1m+ below a players worth in the hope we could save some money...now its cost us millions potentially!

We will see where Murray is now, he needs to either put up the cash to save this team or fuck off! We cant afford to play like we did over the two legs against teams like Heart6s, Hibs, Falkirk etc..

I think the general idea of trying to reduce debt is a very good one but you need to speculate to accumulate and we are right up the shitter now!

Trouble is we are not attractive to potential buyers and appear to be stuck with him and he stuck with us. It's a sad state of affairs.

It makes me question what the hell Murray is seeking - I can't see how The Rangers aren't an attractive proposition.

What makes you think Rangers FC would be attractive? Excepting a fan who wants to live the dream, I don't see anyone being attracted to the club.

What makes you think Rangers FC would be attractive? Excepting a fan who wants to live the dream, I don't see anyone being attracted to the club.

That's it in a nutshell mate. It's a hard one tyo take and i think a lot of us need a reality check right now. WE are in the shit, DEEP in the shit. Celtic are on course for 10 in a row or more if we don't sort ourselves out NOW.

I hope we get a buyer who sees that our time in Scotland is up.

I think the general idea of trying to reduce debt is a very good one but you need to speculate to accumulate and we are right up the shitter now!

I see what you are saying but Smith has been given enough resources to get past the Danes, let alone Kaunus, and into the CL group stage. He blew it.

I see what you are saying but Smith has been given enough resources to get past the Danes, let alone Kaunus, and into the CL group stage. He blew it.

Yeh thats fair enough...

But i think the whole Shittu and Davis deals are a joke...

Davis - pay the extra 500k - 1m for him coz in a year or two we will still be able to sell him for 3-4m no problem!

Shittu - 1.5m if we had paid him what he wanted we would have had a defender to play instead of weir and we wouldnt have lost any money signing him!

Instead we buy players like Miller who we will never make £2m back on, McCulloch is the same were never going to get that 2.5m back or even close to it!

I rest the blame firmly on Smiths shoulders but Murray has to take a whack of it as well!

Why?

A world famous, huge club, oozing with potential for growth with a history literally second to none.

So the question remains - wtf is Murray seeking that makes the transfer of the club so difficult? Is Murray seeking mega-millions for himself on top of a hefty price for the club?

We are lurching towards a pre souness era again, downsizing, poor performace, lack of interest and direction and manager that is looking like a lame duck that wont ever be put out its misery.

I hope last night acts as a wake up call for bear with their heads in the sand. Its only going to get worse.

If SDM could find a buyer then he would be off in a heartbeat.

Why?

A world famous, huge club, oozing with potential for growth with a history literally second to none.

So the question remains - wtf is Murray seeking that makes the transfer of the club so difficult? Is Murray seeking mega-millions for himself on top of a hefty price for the club?

We are NOT a huge world famous club mate!!

I can not get Rangers games in the middle east or here in Thailand!

I can't be arsed going over this again but as i say, REALITY check, if we were huge and world famous we would have been sold to a massively rich man a few years ago!

Why?

True, the SPL isnt the best, I fully agree. However, buying an institution like Rangers surely has attraction ?

200,000 in Manchester says it all. The club just need to be run right.

Why?

True, the SPL isnt the best, I fully agree. However, buying an institution like Rangers surely has attraction ?

Coops. If were were an institution like a lot foolishly think we are. Do you not think we would have been sold years ago to someone thats loaded???

Why?

I agree!

If someone can come in clear some of the debts and get the clubs merchandising sorted things like that Rangers could make a lot of money!

We need to get rid of the debt and we need to get into Europe every year...

A team that sell nearly 35-40k season tickets a year is a good prospect for any chairman...we just need to work our way round the debt!

The problem here is not Murray. He has given Smith £9m to spend this summer, with the promise of more. Murray has given his side of the bargain.

Smith is the problem. He spent £9m on 3 strikers. He made a team selection which was the worst I've ever seen a Rangers manager make.......Dailly, Adam and McCulloch in our midfield. AGAIN!! Despite what we all saw in the first leg with that trio. He has failed to get past a side that we should have been able to beat comfortably with the current squad.

Smith out. Murray will be here until a worthy buyer comes along. Try and rush him out too quickly and the club will fall into the wrong hands.