Our passing

dummiesoot

Brought this up during the game, why do our players, professional footballer pass the ball with so little pace that the receiving player has to stop running forward to collect the ball. It is as if they have no confidence to strike the ball properly, that mob we played last night could manage it, why can't we?

Brought this up during the game, why do our players, professional footballer pass the ball with so little pace that the receiving player has to stop running forward to collect the ball. It is as if they have no confidence to strike the ball properly, that mob we played last night could manage it, why can't we?

It really defies belief.

seen that last night more than ever and the pitch was soaked but the ball still never travelled for us.

I find it incredible that our team cannot pas the ball and move to create space, the 2 most basic things in football. I put it down to the tactics and training , the team is so rigid it is unbelievable.

Static

Slow

Unimaginitive

Pish

I think all 4 words some up our team at the moment, and that is down to the coaching staff.

I find it incredible that our team cannot pas the ball and move to create space, the 2 most basic things in football. I put it down to the tactics and training , the team is so rigid it is unbelievable.

Static

Slow

Unimaginitive

Pish

I think all 4 words some up our team at the moment, and that is down to the coaching staff.

yup - oh and who they have signed.

Technique, body shape when recieving the ball, confidence, sheer lack of ability, poor first touch and poor original pass, lack of options when we receive the ball becuase all our players hide.

Take your pick. We do them all very well.

It all boils down to how WS wants his teams to play.

Why he plays donkeys in front of players with more ability is because"they keep the team shape" better.

He does not want players running into space or off the ball as the team has lost its shape & if you fill the team with SLOW players-all the better.

No excuses just piss off Watty.The only reason you got cut some slack was cos we were winning/drawing/getting thru-However it was always gonny rain on him when it went Arse Up.

We are at a crossroads-Keep WS & stagnate-or bomb him & hope to get someone in to build us.We need years of foundations built & as PLG shows nobody will get the time.

Shut the gates on the way out

there were times where some players just buckled the minute they got the ball at their feet, they get it, stop with it and then dont have a fucking clue what to do, Miller/Papac/Novo/Thomson were decent though (tu)

Hibs, Falkirk, ST. Mirren etc. all have more individual talent that the pool of players we have right now. They're shown how to trap a ball, strike a ball, CROSS A BALL! etc. Our guys clearly arnt being taught that properly.

its not only shite passing........

why is it that nobody makes any runs off the ball, thinks about working triangles, giving options etc ?

they just stand there waiting for a ball that doesnt quite reach them

throw ins are the worst

everybody just stands around waiting for the ball

make f*cking space for yourself.....this a fundemental skill for a footballer, that and kicking the ball in a desired direction

both of which we seem to lack