Everyone calm down on the "get rid of Walter Smith"!

Markag1991

So for that one game against Kaunes... we are going to forget about manchester and how he saved us after Le Guen left????

There wasn't that much complaining last season when he played the same boring old football and the same shite tactics but got us back in contention with the legue... won us 2 tropheys and also got to the Uefa Cup Final!!!!

It was the same with McCleish.... he wins us 9 trophies and gets us through the group stages yet he still got slated and told to go by us!!!!

now the same is hapening with Walter!!

Murray must love fans like you.

What do you meen fans like me???! just because am not jumping on the band wagon of get to **** Smith!!! and becuse a give people more than one chance??? Friendly's dont matter.... so we have had one game of the season and listen to what is being said.... its shocking IMO!!!!

Can ypu please tell us how you can see Walter Smith taking our great club forward, bearing in mind his tactics and team selection

Same way he done it last year! Simple may be boering football but its forward!

Getting to a european final is forward is it not????

Last years run to the final was great, but we were extremely fortunate in many ways to get there. I presume you agree that the middle of the park is a problem for us. Do you think it is acceptable for a manager to bypass this area of the team and have 8 strikers when we only play 1 up front? Is that good management?

The manager picks the team, chooses the tactics (hah!) and makes the substitutions if and when called for.

Smith fails on all counts - and not just last night.

Time for a change - make it so Mr Data......make it so. :angry2:

But how could Walter have seen that McGregor was going to have a poor game after being so good last year??

Even if he wasn't match fit he should have saved the free kick... it should have been a routine save!

I'm sorry, but if you think McGregor saving one free kick will in any way spare Walter Smith my anger then you've read my mood wrong.

Smith's tactics cost us that game last night - as they did in the first leg - not just one save you think McGregor could or should have got.

The manager picks the team, chooses the tactics (hah!) and makes the substitutions if and when called for.

Smith fails on all counts - and not just last night.

Time for a change - make it so Mr Data......make it so. :angry2:

But how could Walter have seen that McGregor was going to have a poor game after being so good last year??

Even if he wasn't match fit he should have saved the free kick... it should have been a routine save!

I'm sorry, but if you think McGregor saving one free kick will in any way spare Walter Smith my anger then you've read my mood wrong.

Smith's tactics cost us that game last night - as they did in the first leg - not just one save you think McGregor could or should have got.

exactly

players deployed and tactics were programmed to fail. Everyone except Walter could see this

WS himself said in 92, you are ever only 2 defeats away from crisis at Rangers - this is true, However I back him, he is experienced, passionate and IMHO a first calss manager - we are to quick to get on a managers back at all times and the constant change doesnt help. Have faith and give the man and team some support druing these difficult times.

I have been reading the topic's on hear and to be honest i am disgusted with what some people are saying!!

Walter has had an absalout shocker to the start of the season and has bought shite!!

But, things like this happen! The team that was out there was more than capable of beating Kaunes but the just didn't turn up!!

Also, i remember a certain topic a few days ago from the wonderful "FLETCHER". The topic Heading was "should walter stay if we lose on tuesday, walters future if the worst should happin". Anyone else remember this??? after having a quick flick through most people were saying:

Jimbo1 "Yes he is the manager season is not even started yet and people thinking bout him being sacked,

this is what we slagged celtic off for we strachan and some people on here are doing the same,

Walter to stay come on lads get behind him yes his tactics and signing are frustrating but lets give it till winter to see how it all works out. "

We did stand by him and where has it got us , out of europe to a circus team :angry2:

GRFC147 "Painting over the cracks again for the 7th consecutive season thats the way I see it and thats the way it is as far as Im concerned "

and so on!!!

Walter has to stay!!

All we ever do is moan about the manager PLG, McCleish, Advocat, Walter and so on!!

Stand by the manager's decision!!

I've been firmly in the "get behind Walter" camp this pre-season, but boundaries are being pushed.

Signings - I was happy to wait till the end of August before chucking the toys out of the pram, but now that we're going to have basically no money to spend you've got to wonder why the fuck 3 strikers were the first signed. It's clear to see we need midfielders NOT strikers. I assumed we'd be getting in some midfielders with the CL money so it wouldn't really matter in what order signings were made, but now that everything's gone tits up we're left with a ridiculous looking squad which consists of defensive midfielders-cum-centre backs and strikers.

Team selection - he played Christian fucking Dailly last night. Christian fucking Dailly. In a midfield quintet which also included McCulloch and Adam. That says it all.

Tactics - pass back to McGregor to lump it to Miller. Or lump it to Miller yourself. If you can manage to turn round and face the right way to do so.

We are in complete turmoil. There are going to have to be financial risks taken by Murray - i.e. forking out before the end of the window. Although I suppose arguably it's not that much of a risk anyway seeing as we flogged Hutton for £9m in January etc.

I've been firmly in the "get behind Walter" camp this pre-season, but boundaries are being pushed.

Signings - I was happy to wait till the end of August before chucking the toys out of the pram, but now that we're going to have basically no money to spend you've got to wonder why the fuck 3 strikers were the first signed. It's clear to see we need midfielders NOT strikers. I assumed we'd be getting in some midfielders with the CL money so it wouldn't really matter in what order signings were made, but now that everything's gone tits up we're left with a ridiculous looking squad which consists of defensive midfielders-cum-centre backs and strikers.

Team selection - he played Christian fucking Dailly last night. Christian fucking Dailly. In a midfield quintet which also included McCulloch and Adam. That says it all.

Tactics - pass back to McGregor to lump it to Miller. Or lump it to Miller yourself. If you can manage to turn round and face the right way to do so.

We are in complete turmoil. There are going to have to be financial risks taken by Murray - i.e. forking out before the end of the window. Although I suppose arguably it's not that much of a risk anyway seeing as we flogged Hutton for £9m in January etc.

I could not put how I feel it any better than the above from T.H., I have always liked Walter and hoped he would buy the players we needed this summer, but so far he has not. The midfield is hellish and somehow SDM has to find money to spend before the end of August, or we can wave goodbye to the SPL once again. I can understand the calls for Walter to go and after last night I am very nearly joining that side of the arguement, but I will wait until the tranfer window closes and see who we sign (or sell) before calling for his head.

I have been reading the topic's on hear and to be honest i am disgusted with what some people are saying!!

Walter has had an absalout shocker to the start of the season and has bought shite!!

But, things like this happen! The team that was out there was more than capable of beating Kaunes but the just didn't turn up!!

Also, i remember a certain topic a few days ago from the wonderful "FLETCHER". The topic Heading was "should walter stay if we lose on tuesday, walters future if the worst should happin". Anyone else remember this??? after having a quick flick through most people were saying:

Jimbo1 "Yes he is the manager season is not even started yet and people thinking bout him being sacked,

this is what we slagged celtic off for we strachan and some people on here are doing the same,

Walter to stay come on lads get behind him yes his tactics and signing are frustrating but lets give it till winter to see how it all works out. "

GRFC147 "Painting over the cracks again for the 7th consecutive season thats the way I see it and thats the way it is as far as Im concerned "

and so on!!!

Walter has to stay!!

All we ever do is moan about the manager PLG, McCleish, Advocat, Walter and so on!!

So let's get this straight?

You're saying the signings are not the managers fault?

The coaching is not the manager's fault?

The tactics and line-up are not the managers fault?

So who is to blame? The fans? the weather? Kirk Broadfoot, who I'll be you were screaming abuse at last night?

The first piece of sense you've come out with.

Rubbish, Walter Smith twice set out defensive line-ups, under-estimated the opposition and failed to strengthen to the team. We have no divine right to win, sure, but we were handicapped from the start when Smith decided to go for a draw AT IBROX against an outfit that supposedly no better than a 'pub team'; a 'pub team' that then played right off the pitch and gubbed us on their own turf.

slagged celtic off for we strachan and some people on here are doing the same,

Just as well Gordon had Rangers to bail him out, eh? It say it all that Smith threw away the league last season to an such an overrated and unpopular Celtic manager and his overrated team.

Yes he is the manager season is not even started yet and people thinking bout him being sacked,

Smith has had an eighteenth month 'transitional' period to put this situation right, not one close season.

If you honestly think that this Rangers team is good enough to win the SPL or even defend both Cups, then you ought to waken up. What happened last night was just a repeart of what very nearly happened v Dundee Utd, Partick Thistle, QoS and St Johnstone last season. The roof simply came on Smith's head last night, that's all.

As for his tactics? Any manager worth his salt that knows how to play Smith and his team. You'll see how frustrating this first month will be. Worst case scenario here, with this present team, is by winter we could behind Celtic and out of the League Cup.

This is spot on.

The support were blinded by the success of the Cup wins, the fact that the two major prizes were lost in disgraceful circumstances was completely glossed over by Smith and his fanatics. Walter has carried out no surgery on this team, the signings of Dailly and Webster, the appointment of Weir as Captain and Smith's attiutude to youth players is all short termism and applying a sticking plaster over gaping cracks.

Walter has to stay!!

Why? What 'progress' can you and the rest of the fanatics tell us Smith has made after 18 months in charge?

Walter will stand by his decisions and he will fall by them. Why should be be allowed to get away with negligence and incompetance and why should we have to pretend he's doing this great job? I'll repeat it again, two Cups or not, Walter Smith would have fired last year if he'd been running any other big club in Europe.

The problem isn't Smith right now. The problem is that we as a fan base have been going out of our minds with suggestions on making the club better yet everything we say is never what Rangers does. I mean, the club should keep an ear to the ground.

and so on!!!

Walter has to stay!!

So let's get this straight?

You're saying the signings are not the managers fault?

The coaching is not the manager's fault?

The tactics and line-up are not the managers fault?

So who is to blame? The fans? the weather? Kirk Broadfoot, who I'll be you were screaming abuse at last night?

The first piece of sense you've come out with.

Rubbish, Walter Smith twice set out defensive line-ups, under-estimated the opposition and failed to strengthen to the team. We have no divine right to win, sure, but we were handicapped from the start when Smith decided to go for a draw AT IBROX against an outfit that supposedly no better than a 'pub team'; a 'pub team' that then played right off the pitch and gubbed us on their own turf.

slagged celtic off for we strachan and some people on here are doing the same,

Just as well Gordon had Rangers to bail him out, eh? It say it all that Smith threw away the league last season to an such an overrated and unpopular Celtic manager and his overrated team.

Yes he is the manager season is not even started yet and people thinking bout him being sacked,

Smith has had an eighteenth month 'transitional' period to put this situation right, not one close season.

If you honestly think that this Rangers team is good enough to win the SPL or even defend both Cups, then you ought to waken up. What happened last night was just a repeart of what very nearly happened v Dundee Utd, Partick Thistle, QoS and St Johnstone last season. The roof simply came on Smith's head last night, that's all.

As for his tactics? Any manager worth his salt that knows how to play Smith and his team. You'll see how frustrating this first month will be. Worst case scenario here, with this present team, is by winter we could behind Celtic and out of the League Cup.

This is spot on.

The support were blinded by the success of the Cup wins, the fact that the two major prizes were lost in disgraceful circumstances was completely glossed over by Smith and his fanatics. Walter has carried out no surgery on this team, the signings of Dailly and Webster, the appointment of Weir as Captain and Smith's attiutude to youth players is all short termism and applying a sticking plaster over gaping cracks.

Walter has to stay!!

Why? What 'progress' can you and the rest of the fanatics tell us Smith has made after 18 months in charge?

Walter will stand by his decisions and he will fall by them. Why should be be allowed to get away with negligence and incompetance and why should we have to pretend he's doing this great job? I'll repeat it again, two Cups or not, Walter Smith would have fired last year if he'd been running any other big club in Europe.

These are strong arguements Dillinger, after last night I am really wavering in my support for Walter.

Can't see much future without changing Smith TBH. With a limited budget we will need to bring through some of the youngsters now and he's got no track record at that. If he carries on he'll just rely on his favourites like McCulloch and Adam and we're looking at second place at best. Best hope is for SDM to sell and someone come in with some money, but I'm not hopeful of that. Tough times ahead, especially if we sell Cuellar.

The decision not to strengthen midfield once we knew Ferguson was out is worth a sacking alone.

Ive wanted walter out for a while . The only reason i put up with his pish football was because he was getting results. Not gonna happen again . Scrappy last year. had a whole pre-season to sort it out . yet persists with the shitty tactics. teams will find us out . and were gonna get shitey results if it carrys on