Time To Reflect - Almost 24 Hours Later

Gazza08

I was going to post last night, immediately after the game, but was far too raw after what I can only describe as the 2nd biggest disappointment in my life, beaten only by the day Mr Souness told me I wasn’t good enough to cut it at Ibrox as a 14 year old.

The harsh reality is, that the damage was done in the first leg last Wednesday where missed chances, poor finishing and slack passing ultimately cost us a place in the next qualifying round.

We can all reflect on who’s to blame…SDM, Bain or Smith but let’s look at the facts before we draw any conclusions. SDM owns the club and ultimately employs Bain to run it for him as Chief Exec from a commercial perspective (contracts, finance, global branding / imaging) and employs Smith to run the footballing side of things from youth to first team.

SDM has supplied funding to enhance the team, to the tune of £9m - £10m so far in which Smith has identified who he deemed to be the priorities for his ‘new look Rangers’. We were in crying need for 2 midfielders and a partner to play beside Carlos Cuellar. With a strong spine in the team, we would be strong enough to cope with Kaunas, Aalborg and the vast majority of the teams in the SPL. After adding these 3 ‘essential’ players, we should’ve then looked to get rid of the excess / players he doesn’t want to keep in other areas (Gow, Buffel, Cousin and potentially JCD) before strengthening them. If Smith knew his budget would be limited, he should’ve spent the money he had been promised on the areas in most need.

Smith had Lafferty scouted, and wanted him signed. DM produced the funds and signed a cheque for £3m - £3.5m for an untried 20 year old (not dissing the boy) and Smith didn’t play him. He also approved the funding for a further £1m on Velicka who came on with very little time remaining. Smith asked his chairman to fund his transfer activity to which the chairman backed him….again. Why spend so much money on 2 players that you’re not going to play?

Martin Bain is guilty of one thing….trying to get value for money in both wages and transfer fees. Shittu, an average Championship player reportedly wants £20k per week and Bain stood firm offering a max of £15k..i applaud him for this. The Davis deal on the other hand is different kettle of fish. Bain offered a £3m fee based on our valuation, despite the fact that we paid more for a 20 year old, unproven striker from Burnley with no EPL experience. That’s poor, poor judgement. Davis, has played in the EPL for 3 / 4 years and is the captain of his country. Whilst I don’t believe Davis is worth £4m, I do think we should’ve and probably could’ve secured him for the same £3.5m that we paid for Lafferty. That said, we allegedly had an agreement with Fulham to do a straight swap for Cousin after the deal fell through in January, and apparently Fulham have gone back on their word.

In my opinion, SDM has done his job and backed his manager with the funds to strengthen his team. Bain has concluded the deals to bring in these players at Smiths request, although failed his duties in the negotiations with Fulham over Davis. SDM is guilty of loyalty to Rangers men, noteably Smith.

That said, the players we have, need to accept that they quite simply weren’t good enough over the two legs. We have players who are not good enough to wear the Rangers jersey. I’m not going to criticise individuals, they know who they are themselves as do the fans.

Regardless of who’s to blame and who we want sacked or brought in as our new manager, the team need as much support as we can give them. We need to be the 12th man, starting on Saturday away to Falkirk. We need nothing less than 3 points and a performance that says ‘this league is ours’. I will never boo a player wearing a Rangers jersey, especially when he’s on the field of play…..we cannot show our frustration during matches as this only adds pressure to the already rocky / nervous team.

Strangely enough, when Celtic were eliminated by Artmedia Bratislava 3 years ago and we all mocked them, it made them a stronger / better team and ultimately was a blessing in disguise as they went on to win the league that season…..we can do the same.

NO SURRENDER

That is a good post (the OP) and i wish i could feel the same way. but short of some absolutely miraculous transfer dealings, or celtc somehow being even worse than last season, we are not going to be good enough to win the league.

Regardless of who’s to blame and who we want sacked or brought in as our new manager, the team need as much support as we can give them. We need to be the 12th man, starting on Saturday away to Falkirk. We need nothing less than 3 points and a performance that says ‘this league is ours’. I will never boo a player wearing a Rangers jersey, especially when he’s on the field of play…..we cannot show our frustration during matches as this only adds pressure to the already rocky / nervous team.

Sorry we have tried this and sat back to see what happens, we need to act and force a change :rangers:

I hope the fans let the players and management know exactly what they think on Saturday.

Everytime something goes wrong, people tell us to sit back and back the team/players/management etc. Well fuck it, it's gone on for far too long and it's got us nowhere.

It's about time we all stood up and got the point across to everyone at the club. The club has been going downhill for years, they don't give a shit about us. It needs a clear-out from top to bottom. I'm sick of the failed promises and lies, it happens every season.

It's time something was done about it, 2nd best, and that's what we are will not be tolerated anymore.

Sorry we have tried this and sat back to see what happens, we need to act and force a change :rangers:

Murray will not sack Smith regardless of what the fans want.....Smith should do the right thing and resign...but that ain't going to happen either.

We need to support the team, not get on their backs, particularly those who are clearly suffering in confidence.

Murray will not sack Smith regardless of what the fans want.....Smith should do the right thing and resign...but that ain't going to happen either.

We need to support the team, not get on their backs, particularly those who are clearly suffering in confidence.

We need to vent our anger and send the message out this ain't good enough!

If we sit back and do nothing, Nothing will change.

If you can't handle it, then you should not be at a club like Rangers.

Some get £15k+ a week to run about and kick a ball while recieving a bit of stick....boo-fukn-hoo.

I hope the fans let the players and management know exactly what they think on Saturday.

Everytime something goes wrong, people tell us to sit back and back the team/players/management etc. Well fuck it, it's gone on for far too long and it's got us nowhere.

It's about time we all stood up and got the point across to everyone at the club. The club has been going downhill for years, they don't give a shit about us. It needs a clear-out from top to bottom. I'm sick of the failed promises and lies, it happens every season.

It's time something was done about it, 2nd best, and that's what we are will not be tolerated anymore.

(tu)

I want what's best for Rangers Football Club, but it ain't gonna happen!!

I want a cash-rich Russian billionaire to come in and buy us as a hobby and not worry about how much he makes or loses....as long as he delivers millions on the tranfer front and appoints a manager that knows how to construct a team capable of winning at home and in Europe!!! But ultimately, i want titles, cups and Euro success with Sellick doing all the chasing / catching up!!!!

But the long and short of it is, we handed Sellick the title last season, and have done for 3 years in a row now.....if we vent our frustrations during games, it'll be 4 in a row!

Protests outside the stadium after the match is 'more acceptable' than distracting the players during battles for 3 points!

i think last nyt was shite but i think we can still win the league. i jst can't get round tht fuckin cunt Daily he always gives away fouls (FK last nyt) doesn;t have a 1st touch (gave away the corner last nyt) and jst shite (every game he has played for us) Hemdani surely well better thn tht cunt

i think last nyt was shite but i think we can still win the league. i jst can't get round tht fuckin cunt Daily he always gives away fouls (FK last nyt) doesn;t have a 1st touch (gave away the corner last nyt) and jst shite (every game he has played for us) Hemdani surely well better thn tht cunt

I can only think that we're potentially going to sell Hemdani to a club that's participating in Europe and so we don't cup-tie him.

It will be 4 in a row anyway.

celtc are shite but they are too strong for us.

and even stronger if we turn on our own !!!!!!

So if they fail to perform we should not vent our feelings or tell them what we think....fuck that!

It will be 4 in a row anyway.

celtc are shite but they are too strong for us.

and even stronger if we turn on our own !!!!!!

So if they fail to perform we should not vent our feelings or tell them what we think....fuck that!

Of course you should, you contribute to their wages as do i so you're perfectly entitled to do so, but i'd be selective in where i did it. Like i said, i'd be more inclined to a protest outside the ground after the match or worst case scenario, from my seat in the stand after the match.

Also, there's a Q&A session for fans this Friday, not sure if it's just a select few groups, but this is an ideal opportunity assuming the required audience (SDM, Smith and Bain) are in attendance.

Right now, our team need us and probably more than they've ever needed us in my 32 years!!!!

I can see where both Gazza and Muffs points are coming from. I don't want to name individuals and boo rangers players, but this current lot are mince. At the end of the day it's Walter that picks them. There seems to be no ambition from the club and to think that we would get away with the "Catenaccio" style (antifootball in European terms!!) two years running is beyond a joke. Give the new guys a try and see how we go, but the goalscoring records of Lafferty and Miller aren't exactly braw. Get Boydy in again as soon as and bu :rangers: y some quality with a pair of balls and some vision in Midfield for Barry.