With thanks to the players and management

I would just like to give Walter Smith, his management team and all the players who participated in last night's match a humble thank you. Thank you for making me endure my worst night as a Rangers supporter to date (who would have thought anything would top the St Johnstone deafeat), for embarrassing our club on the European stage and thus losing all the respect and prestige gained by last season's Uefa Cup run, and for proving me, and eveyone else who remained upbeat about about our chances of success this season, spectacularly wrong.

I cannot remember feeling as low as i did last night while standing in that dingy little Lithuanian stadium in the pouring rain, surrounded by similarly angry and depressed Bears. To see the locals applaud their heroes as they celebrated what to them was the biggest result in their club's history made my heart wrench in a way that none of those disgraced Rangers "players" could understand. But worst of all, i am afraid that this utterly horrible feeling will not only stay with me for the forseeable future, it will grow as the season progresses.

As someone who has tried to be positive about our chances this season, i feel betrayed. I have not just been proved wrong, my positivity has been shot down in flames like something akin to an old war film. But his is not about me alone, nor is it about the rest of my fellow supporters who follow followed to Kaunas yesterday, it is about Rangers Football Club and just where we are headed. No European football, no £10 million Champions League money, a squad of players who are toothless, talentless (in the main) and brutal to watch, and a manager whose tactical ineptitude and amatuerish transfer dealings has helped us into our current predicament. Couple all that with an owner who would profit over his club's loyal supporters and his team's success on the pitch and you have the current plight of Rangers.

To an outsider it would seem pitiful, to a supporter it is just downright heart-breaking. It is as clear now as it ever has been that change is needed at Ibrox. Change that only pressure from us supporters will see happen. Smith must be told to step down once a suitable replacement is found who would take our once great club forward and not just "steady the ship". Someone who sees what a fallacy it is to defend in great numbers against weaker opposition instead of battering the door down in search of goals. Someone who recognises the benefits of youth aswell as experience, and is not afraid to try something different should his tactics or personnell fail him.

We no longer need players who are given praise because they "play for the jersey", we need quality who additions who have the ability to influence a match in an instant. We need flair and intelligence not grit and muscle. This falls upon you Mr Murray. Instead of compulsively balancing the books in an attempt to make the club look more attractive why don't you contentrate on the here and now? You are still in charge, you have the funds at your disposal so wake up and start appearing interested in where the Rangers football team is going and not just the Rangers financial outlook.

But hey, what do i know? I'm just customer after all.

I would just like to give Walter Smith, his management team and all the players who participated in last night's match a humble thank you. Thank you for making me endure my worst night as a Rangers supporter to date (who would have thought anything would top the St Johnstone deafeat), for embarrassing our club on the European stage and thus losing all the respect and prestige gained by last season's Uefa Cup run, and for proving me, and eveyone else who remained upbeat about about our chances of success this season, spectacularly wrong.

I cannot remember feeling as low as i did last night while standing in that dingy little Lithuanian stadium in the pouring rain, surrounded by similarly angry and depressed Bears. To see the locals applaud their heroes as they celebrated what to them was the biggest result in their club's history made my heart wrench in a way that none of those disgraced Rangers "players" could understand. But worst of all, i am afraid that this utterly horrible feeling will not only stay with me for the forseeable future, it will grow as the season progresses.

As someone who has tried to be positive about our chances this season, i feel betrayed. I have not just been proved wrong, my positivity has been shot down in flames like something akin to an old war film. But his is not about me alone, nor is it about the rest of my fellow supporters who follow followed to Kaunas yesterday, it is about Rangers Football Club and just where we are headed. No European football, no £10 million Champions League money, a squad of players who are toothless, talentless (in the main) and brutal to watch, and a manager whose tactical ineptitude and amatuerish transfer dealings has helped us into our current predicament. Couple all that with an owner who would profit over his club's loyal supporters and his team's success on the pitch and you have the current plight of Rangers.

To an outsider it would seem pitiful, to a supporter it is just downright heart-breaking. It is as clear now as it ever has been that change is needed at Ibrox. Change that only pressure from us supporters will see happen. Smith must be told to step down once a suitable replacement is found who would take our once great club forward and not just "steady the ship". Someone who sees what a fallacy it is to defend in great numbers against weaker opposition instead of battering the door down in search of goals. Someone who recognises the benefits of youth aswell as experience, and is not afraid to try something different should his tactics or personnell fail him.

We no longer need players who are given praise because they "play for the jersey", we need quality who additions who have the ability to influence a match in an instant. We need flair and intelligence not grit and muscle. This falls upon you Mr Murray. Instead of compulsively balancing the books in an attempt to make the club look more attractive why don't you contentrate on the here and now? You are still in charge, you have the funds at your disposal so wake up and start appearing interested in where the Rangers football team is going and not just the Rangers financial outlook.

:clap: Blue...it must have been worst for you guys that went over there. Disgust isn't a strong enough word

from the heart my friend!! (tu)

I feel heart sorry for you, that you wasted money on having to witness those cowards turn up and beaten by a pub team!

With the great respect to you, I'm glad I wasn't there.

Well at least you lot can hold your head up. You did your bit. As somebody said last night...you should get compensation from the management for that debacle.

Well at least you lot can hold your head up. You did your bit. As somebody said last night...you should get compensation from the management for that debacle.

The thing is mate, i don't begrudge paying the astronomical prices that going to these games entails. £400 might seem alot to go and see your team play a football match but if the team live up to our great name and show the heart and desire to win then fine. But they don't and that is what hurts. They are quite happy to pick up their paycheck whereas the fans are left feeling empty.

Bad enough a performance like that from players that know nothing about the club but when most of the players are Scottish and a lot are bears you have to wonder who are they trying to kid.As for Smith and his 4-5-1 against a team not as good as Hearts, he has to go into a General Manager's role as he's tactically clueless.Best striker in Scotland in Boyd on the bench,Miller who to be fair worked a lot harder than some so called bears but couldn't score in a brothel, on from the start.Smith mentions Kaunus are half way through the season so are understandably very sharp yet we have just signed a guy from Viking Stavanger who has also played throughout the summer and he starts both games on the bench????

As one guy said on the bus to the airport last night after the match, we can go to the bank tomorrow morning and see that we are £400 light as a reminder of the shambles in Kanuas. The players put their card in and see £40K in the bank, and think, what can I buy today?

Top post mate, i can only imagine the journey home, blank (how the fuck did that happen) stares all round.

I basically just sat with my head in my hands for the duration of the flight home. I was absolutely reeling and am still now. Cannot comprehend that i won't be going to see Rangers in Europe for over a year.

Everyone on the bus and flight home were hurting, and the players shunning us at the airport didn't make things any easier.

Top post mate, i can only imagine the journey home, blank (how the fuck did that happen) stares all round.

I basically just sat with my head in my hands for the duration of the flight home. I was absolutely reeling and am still now. Cannot comprehend that i won't be going to see Rangers in Europe for over a year.

Everyone on the bus and flight home were hurting, and the players shunning us at the airport didn't make things any easier.

Ignorant cunts, i hope it was because they were too embarrased to make eye contact, or maybe they dont give a toss! that was sore.

As one guy said on the bus to the airport last night after the match, we can go to the bank tomorrow morning and see that we are £400 light as a reminder of the shambles in Kanuas. The players put their card in and see £40K in the bank, and think, what can I buy today?

Couldn't have put it better myself. There is absolutely no denying the truth in that statement either. If the players had even a jot of sympathy with the fans they wouldn't have walked right off the park at the end without so much as a glance towards us.

Ignorant cunts, i hope it was because they were too embarrased to make eye contact, or maybe they dont give a toss! that was sore.

As TannochsideBear explains in his thread they sat on the team bus and waited until we boarded our flight before coming into the airport.