Andrius Velicka

I read today that he felt his miss at 1-1 cost us our place in Europe and he was said to be close to tears when the full time whistle went as a result of this.

I didn't find myself saying "it's ok Andy", becuase his miss was criminal, there is no doubt about it.

However what I did admire was his honesty and willingness to admit his mistake.

If you consider what was on the line, and how the fans feel at the moment, I think it takes a lot of balls to be willing to hold your hands up and say I fucked up in only your second competitive game for the club.

For too long we have heard the same people in our squad come out and beat about the bush with the same tired old excuses and avoid admitting responsibility and I think it's refreshing to see somebody who is prepared to speak the truth.

I think a lot of people could be doing with adopting this wholehearted and honest approach, rather than continue to think we will buy into their crap.

It was a bad miss but just as criminal was the way we let them back into the game. A bad free kick to give away, at a bad time, and a tepid effor to save it from McGregor. Note where the ball crossed the line...about two feet in from the post and a foot under the bar. It should have been saved. Up to that point we were coasting and they were looking what they are, a poor team.

Saying that we should never have folded in the way we did and let them get on top for most of the rest of the match.

It was a bad miss but just as criminal was the way we let them back into the game. A bad free kick to give away, at a bad time, and a tepid effor to save it from McGregor. Note where the ball crossed the line...about two feet in from the post and a foot under the bar. It should have been saved. Up to that point we were coasting and they were looking what they are, a poor team.

Saying that we should never have folded in the way we did and let them get on top for most of the rest of the match.

agreed 100%

mcgregor was at fault for their first goal,no doubts in my mind,but dailly shouldnt have caused the situation in the first place.

in fact mcgregor was unusually shit last night,his decision making was way off,a combination of that,a shit midfield,a tactically inept manager all contributed to one of the worst results/performances of a rangers team EVER!!

agreed 100%

mcgregor was at fault for their first goal,no doubts in my mind,but dailly shouldnt have caused the situation in the first place.

in fact mcgregor was unusually shit last night,his decision making was way off,a combination of that,a shit midfield,a tactically inept manager all contributed to one of the worst results/performances of a rangers team EVER!!

And he STILL managed two very good saves.

agreed 100%

yep he did,but......... to us rangers fans the bad always outweigh the good (tu)

agreed 100%

yep he did,but......... to us rangers fans the bad always outweigh the good (tu)

Deservedly so after this start to the season.

Velicka is one of the few players we have that want to play for the club .Showing that emotion last night proved he is a trye blue we didnt see dailly owning up for his mistakes weir,whittaker,adam or millers miss at an open goal .Theres only One Andrius Velicka

Velicka is one of the few players we have that want to play for the club .Showing that emotion last night proved he is a trye blue we didnt see dailly owning up for his mistakes weir,whittaker,adam or millers miss at an open goal .Theres only One Andrius Velicka

Lets not be calling a Lithuanian who's played once for us a 'true blue' just yet.

Lets not be calling a Lithuanian who's played once for us a 'true blue' just yet.

Fair enough but at least he gives a shit enough to cry about his mistake

Personally I think he could do well. If he gets the chance.

Likewise.

Why he didn't start last night I'll never know. He's probably the freshest one out there, having been playing regularly in Norway up until 2 weeks ago.

Surely he was the ONLY choice to start, with Boyd/Miller/Velicka coming on later?

Likewise.

Why he didn't start last night I'll never know. He's probably the freshest one out there, having been playing regularly in Norway up until 2 weeks ago.

Surely he was the ONLY choice to start, with Boyd/Miller/Velicka coming on later?

Agreed.

There seems to be a pecking order at Ibrox.

There is no sense, certainly.

Likewise.

Agreed.

If you've played under Walter for Scotland, you're in before anyone.

Regardless of ability, form or as the Miller fiasco showed last night, obvious injury.

Likewise.

Agreed.

If you've played under Walter for Scotland, you're in before anyone.

Regardless of ability, form or as the Miller fiasco showed last night, obvious injury.

Spot on and this croynism is destroying Rangers.

Velicka's a good player and all strikers will miss the odd chance like the one last night - Boyd, even with his great scoring record, sitll misses his fair share of chances. The problem is that our midfield created about three decent chances in the game and couldn't even hold on to the ball in the second half against a team they should be running rings around.

I don't think he's anything better than your average, mediocre SPL player tbh but I'm willing to give him a chance.

I just hope he is given a fair crack at it and not played wide left. Honestly, why would you play a big target man like Velicka out wide?

You don't see the rat b*stard, Khenny Miller apologising for his miss.

still cant fathom why walter buys players then playys them out of position for christ sake even novos fed up with being suck out on the lesft he even said i would rather be played in my position i am a STRIKER.Walter its ok to play a 4-5-1 if u buy the player to suit the formation but the players we have he should really be playing a 4-3-3

I like the Big Man. he seems genuinely over the moon to be playing for us, and in saying that has showed more passion than anyone in our squad. he actually seems to care, and not just about his win bonus either

unfortunately it is going to take an injury to miller for him to get a game