Cowardly players avoid fans at airport

I was on the day trip yesterday and one of the things that had a lot of bears furious last night was the cowardly actions of the players and management staff at the airport after the game.

Kaunas is a really small airport, with one departure lounge with about half a dozen gates all at the back of the lounge.

The players stayed on the bus for over an hour, sitting outside the airport terminal building, too scared to come into the airport and meet the fans who they let down. Only after we were all on our plane did they get off the bus.

These actions probably surprise nobody anymore, but after shunning the fans who had watched in the pouring rain all game at the end of the match when not one player came over to applaud/apologise to the fans, then they cannot even face the music in the airport. There were only 175 bears there, the hardcore supporters, not a drunken mob, and to have walked through, or to have mingled and apologised for the display would at the very least have given us something back after spending £373 to go and watch them.

You're just a customer mate. The Chairman, the Chief Executive, the back-room staff, the manager and now obviously the players do not give a shit about you.

I know mate. At the time i was in such a depressed mood i didn't really care to be honest. But looking back now those player should have had to come into that airport and personally apolagise to every Bear who travelled to that game. You are right, they are cowardly and that was more than reflected on the pitch aswell.

An absolute disgrace. :angry2:

imagine the difference it would have made if they had come over and apologised, held their hands up...at least some gesture of sympathy with the fans

Totally right mate. It will also reassure some of us that they actually do give a flying fuck about the fans and the club itself.

I was on the day trip yesterday and one of the things that had a lot of bears furious last night was the cowardly actions of the players and management staff at the airport after the game.

Kaunas is a really small airport, with one departure lounge with about half a dozen gates all at the back of the lounge.

The players stayed on the bus for over an hour, sitting outside the airport terminal building, too scared to come into the airport and meet the fans who they let down. Only after we were all on our plane did they get off the bus.

These actions probably surprise nobody anymore, but after shunning the fans who had watched in the pouring rain all game at the end of the match when not one player came over to applaud/apologise to the fans, then they cannot even face the music in the airport. There were only 175 bears there, the hardcore supporters, not a drunken mob, and to have walked through, or to have mingled and apologised for the display would at the very least have given us something back after spending £373 to go and watch them.

been there loads of times with gers away i even said to my mates sometimes your better not seeing players in airports as they often let you down when you do meet them

175 fans x £373 = £65275.

That's under £5000 each from Walter and the 13 players on show last night.

Surely, as a peace offering, the travelling fans should at least be offered it.

175 fans x £373 = £65275.

That's under £5000 each from Walter and the 13 players on show last night.

Surely, as a peace offering, the travelling fans should at least be offered it.

Totally agree

Not entirely relevant , but on the issue of Club/Supporter relations ; I remember a couple of seasons back Sunderland were playing an away game , possibly which ended in an important win. Anyway , a number of Sunderland fans were thrown off an Easyjet flight for signing some anthems on the way back. Step in Mr Quinn , who paid the taxi fare for every single supporter all the way back to Sunderland.

How far away Rangers are from forging that kind of bond with its fanbase :angry2:

Just a couple of hours ago I walked past Kyle Lafferty outside Pizza Hut in the centre of Glasgow. I don't blame him in any way for last night but was still very surprised to see any Rangers player walking through the public city centre after last nights result. I literally walked right past him and only wish I stopped him to ask his opinion on last nights performance, tactics, him being benched and Walter Smith in general.

Am sure many of the players were desperate to stay on the bus and avoid the fans, am sure their were one or two who wanted to get off to thank the fans. All the players arent cowards, but a good 90% are.

Yeah you would have had Nacho Novo sitting on the bus saying

"I hope the fans still love me!!!" " I gave 100% tonight" " what if the blame me"

Am sure many of the players were desperate to stay on the bus and avoid the fans, am sure their were one or two who wanted to get off to thank the fans. All the players arent cowards, but a good 90% are.

Yeah you would have had Nacho Novo sitting on the bus saying

"I hope the fans still love me!!!" " I gave 100% tonight" " what if the blame me"

Thers only one NACHO Novo we still love you wee man ;)