Cowardly players avoid fans at airport

Just a couple of hours ago I walked past Kyle Lafferty outside Pizza Hut in the centre of Glasgow. I don't blame him in any way for last night but was still very surprised to see any Rangers player walking through the public city centre after last nights result. I literally walked right past him and only wish I stopped him to ask his opinion on last nights performance, tactics, him being benched and Walter Smith in general.

Charlie Adam was showing him were to take the girlfriend out to eat (tu)

I was on the day trip yesterday and one of the things that had a lot of bears furious last night was the cowardly actions of the players and management staff at the airport after the game.

Kaunas is a really small airport, with one departure lounge with about half a dozen gates all at the back of the lounge.

The players stayed on the bus for over an hour, sitting outside the airport terminal building, too scared to come into the airport and meet the fans who they let down. Only after we were all on our plane did they get off the bus.

These actions probably surprise nobody anymore, but after shunning the fans who had watched in the pouring rain all game at the end of the match when not one player came over to applaud/apologise to the fans, then they cannot even face the music in the airport. There were only 175 bears there, the hardcore supporters, not a drunken mob, and to have walked through, or to have mingled and apologised for the display would at the very least have given us something back after spending £373 to go and watch them.

175 fans x £373 = £65275.

That's under £5000 each from Walter and the 13 players on show last night.

Surely, as a peace offering, the travelling fans should at least be offered it.

I could not agree more.

Funnily enough I was in that lounge, chatting to some bears and somebody said to me 'What would you do if you were Manager of Rangers?'

My first thought was I would get the players in there to talk to the fans, it wouldn't have been pleasant, but it wouldn't have got violent I reckon.

Then we had the thought, where tf are the players?

TannochsideBear has of course explained.

No doubt they were outside crying over lost bonuses....

Disgraceful and cowardly behaviour. And so disrespectful towards fans like Tannochside Bear who paid their hard earned to watch that pathetic display. The club needs a total overhaul from top to bottom.

My dad said he was gonna take me to the allborg game at home if we got through and thats what dissapointed me

I was hoping to go to some euro games away for the first time this year too, but thats not the sole reason which has disappointed me

i wonder, will the travel club reward those who went today with some kind of points boost? given that they wont pay anything else for the rest of the year?

Just a couple of hours ago I walked past Kyle Lafferty outside Pizza Hut in the centre of Glasgow. I don't blame him in any way for last night but was still very surprised to see any Rangers player walking through the public city centre after last nights result. I literally walked right past him and only wish I stopped him to ask his opinion on last nights performance, tactics, him being benched and Walter Smith in general.

I seen kyle going into Buchanan galleries today, mind you i also seen Barry Robson earlier on in the day walking down Buchann Street.

My dad said he was gonna take me to the allborg game at home if we got through and thats what dissapointed me

So getting humped off Kaunas didn't really disappoint you?

Christ thats what made it worse still it wasnt as bad as the drive back to scotland after manchester thats what i compare dissapointment to

You're just a customer mate. The Chairman, the Chief Executive, the back-room staff, the manager and now obviously the players do not give a shit about you.

By far the most shameful part of the whole defeat.