realistically who could we sign?

ekbear93

I know there has been a few threads like this, but after our exit from europe, and our huge need for some midfield players and wingers, who can we realistically look to sign before the transfer window is closed that would improve the squad and give us a chance at chalenging celtic for the title?

who can we realistically look to sign before the transfer window is closed that would improve the squad and give us a chance at chalenging celtic for the title?

Realistically - we've just had a titanic sized hole burst the budget.

Expect to see bosmans and loan deals - I'm as certain as I can be that Murray will only allow what comes in via transfers to be spent on what Stevie Wonder can see we need.

More dumpling from the SPL if Smith is still involved.

Nobody decent will wanna sign for us now what have we got to offer them?

well they have the chance of getting to play alongside the likes of Adam, Daily and McCulloch, What more could they want.

We need a central midfielder and an attacking midfielder.

We have Dean Furman and John Fleck.

Giving these two guys an opportunity over diddies like Dailly, McCulloch and Adam would be a good place to start for me. Playing Furman and Fleck would be like two new signings.

Furman is 20 and Fleck is coming up for 17. Can anyone tell me that they couldn't handle the SPL, when Rooney was featuring regularly for Everton in the Premiership at 16, and Fabregas for Arsenal at 17 ?

As for realistic signings, who knows ? I'm guessing a midfield player for a couple of million, and 1 or 2 loan deals.

i still think we should club together and buy wattie a copy of FM08!

get some of those youngsters signed! :pipe:

The old Chelsea head scout used to use an integrated version of the Collyer's engine to do basic groundwork on a player before going abroad to see them.

While I'm not suggesting for a minute we should base any scouting network round it, the fact that FM Scouts go and watch every club at every youth level before putting them in the game means it's always pretty accurate.

a bit of FM genie scout wouldnt go a miss either!

i think it might work, i was signing tevez when he was 17 and hardly anyone outside the FM world had heard of him!

That happened with a lot of players.

Bakircioglu, Bakayoko (I've got a massive list in an old 442 somehwere).

More recently, Chelsea were interested in Nicolas Millan last season.

the boy that scored the free kick against us last nigh and ledesma

Ledesma was a diving wee prick!

would get bullied stupid in the SPL, not that im advocating signing carthorses like mculloch either, just someone who can stand up to the off challange!

would get bullied stupid in the SPL, not that im advocating signing carthorses like mculloch either, just someone who can stand up to the off challange!

ahh gotcha but we need someone desperately and spotting talen t in smaller teams like kaunas is the only way we are going to get players that we can afford.Walter and ally should be looking at teams in the 3rd Cl qualifying round and uefa cup

with the team now at a all time low and lacking confidence, now would be a good time to bring in at least 1 youngster, e.g. furman. Young players are a breath of fresh air to a team and play with almost no nerves, especially furman, who loves to get stuck in.

We cant afford what we need now.

The money was there at the start of the transfer window, but Walter decided to piss it up against the wall. Now with no champions league money, our best player will be sold to finance the deals of 3-4 medicore players.

Its the Rangers way

ahh gotcha but we need someone desperately and spotting talen t in smaller teams like kaunas is the only way we are going to get players that we can afford.Walter and ally should be looking at teams in the 3rd Cl qualifying round and uefa cup

i agree mate! (tu)

its also weird that wee teams like Kaunas can spot a talent and a club the size of Rangers cant!

just still raging at last night! :(

:rangers:

I think Gomis would be ok as a backup!

lets face it, anyone is better than the lack of midfield that we have just now!

Back-up....are your eyes painted on, we need quality 1st team players!

I'm sick of igning players as 'back-up' and 'who will do a job'

thats the best we can hope for at the moment though :(

i see what your saying, but surely any player who is a natural midfielder is going to be better than having McCulloch as a midfielder!

i do agree with you tho, quality is needed, much more than backup!