Murray orders Mass Clearout

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly nobody knows the detail of Weir and Dailly's contract extensions. So who knows, maybe they were subject to progression in Europe. Would make sense given that they would only really be required to support a longer run in Europe.

One thing that is clear. If the club panic (in the way a lot of people on here seem to be doing) then we will be in the shit. But if they make an adjustment based on the disaster of Tuesday night and clear out some of the dead wood, and bring in a couple of players to improve the midfield, then I don't see why we are suddenly so behind a celtic team that we were better than last season - and we were bar the pressure of competing on four fronts.

I firmly believe that we will act to ensure that we not only compete for the title, but that we will have it in the bag before the split. And no, I'm not on the drink - but I will be at the beginning of May!

Selling the players mentioned would be a much better idea than selling Cuellar.

Nice idea, but honestly; who is going to buy them?

We'd get money for Boyd, Hemdani and maybe Darche.

But Weir and Dailly are old with less than a year left on contracts, so we could release them for a pittance I think.

I'd been hoping to see Burke's name on this list - along with McCulloch.

Let the cull begin.

Off the back of Rangers' Champions League exit reports in the papers (the Daily Record to be precise) are claiming that Sir David Murray has ordered a clearout of the European flops.

The defeat to Kaunas saw Rangers, last seasons Uefa Cup runners-up, crash out of Europe completely with that match costing the club £10m so money is required to be made another way, which means players moved on!

Players such as Kris Boyd, Daniel Cousin, Alan Gow, Andy Webster and Chris Burke, along with Christian Dailly and David Weir (who both recently signed new contracts) are all in danger of being moved on, as well as Jean Claude Darcheville and Brahim Hemdani (who both sat out the defeat) who all have their future on the line.

Carlos Cuellur is the player that could command the most substantial transfer fee, but the public acknowledgment is that the Spanish defender is not for sale, but in private this could become another matter if the English Premier League clubs that have shown a rumoured interest came forward with a firm and substantial cash offer.

Probs read it just case no tho x

:bouncy:

Does this mean paying off player contracts again as well?

Weir and Dailly, certainly.

I think Hemdani has under a year left on his deal s well actually :blink:

Well there is JCD as well, he's only a year left.

It's the same old we'll pay them all off (td)

This costs us fortune and yet we do it everytime with these dud players!

It's the same old we'll pay them all off (td)

This costs us fortune and yet we do it everytime with these dud players!

I know MC, But we keep on letting it happen :angry2: