Alan Gow

p4uly83

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Gow is a great player by any stretch of the imagination. But desperate times call for desperate measures and right now we don't have a single player capable of playing a good attacking pass.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam and McCulloch are better than that parasite. Rubbish in reserves and will not put in effort for the team.

Absolute pish. Adam and McCulloch are donkeys. Gow is far better in every single facet of his game.

Give him two 90 minutes in a row and see what he can do.

Those of us who have seen him in reserve games and in the first team against East Stirling and witnessed his unwillingness to work for the team and the way he loses possession think otherwise. I would guarantee that all his supporters here would be crucifying him after a couple of games in the first team.

We've been hearing about giving Gow a sustained chance to show what he can do for a year now and we are still to see it.

What makes him so special? Why does he deserve it?

After all in his two first team games he flattered to decieve and he was outshone by guiys like Furman, Buffel & Fleck for most of the season in the reserves.

At the end of the day Gow falls into the same category as your Whittaker's, McCulloch's, Broadfoot's, Dailly's and Weir's.

He's a poor player who is simply dragging the club down to their level.

The way some people talk about him, you'd think he's Maradonna & Cryuffs love child :rolleyes:

We've been hearing about giving Gow a sustained chance to show what he can do for a year now and we are still to see it.

What makes him so special? Why does he deserve it?

After all in his two first team games he flattered to decieve and he was outshone by guiys like Furman, Buffel & Fleck for most of the season in the reserves.

At the end of the day Gow falls into the same category as your Whittaker's, McCulloch's, Broadfoot's, Dailly's and Weir's.

He's a poor player who is simply dragging the club down to their level.

The way some people talk about him, you'd think he's Maradonna & Cryuffs love child :rolleyes:

Not many people like him, Most say hes pish.

But, Unless he gets a game in the spl, How can he put the doubters to bed.

He played some cracking football before signing for us, most fans outside the old firm said he was one of the best players in the spl bar the old firm. So how can he become shite over the summer..?

This is exactly what some of the smaller games in pre season should have been used for . We needed to try different things with different players other than Walter's mates in the team . If it didn't happen then , less chance of it happening now no matter how much we might need it to happen ! Furman , Fleck and Gow should be given a chance .

He played some cracking football before signing for us, most fans outside the old firm said he was one of the best players in the spl bar the old firm. So how can he become shite over the summer..?

Lee Wilkie is a good SPL player. Andy Dorman is a good SPL player. Lee Miller can be a handful too, but it doesn't make them good enough for Rangers does it?

Obviosuly you get the odd exception i.e Goram or Cooper, but we should generally be looking to sign players of a higher calibre then that.

And anyway a lot of Falkirk fans predicted this would happen to him when we signed him as they knew he wasn't up to the demands that come with playing for the Old Firm.

If Gow can't do it for our reserves then he simply doesn't deserve the opportunity to play in the first team.

Lee Wilkie is a good SPL player. Andy Dorman is a good SPL player. Lee Miller can be a handful too, but it doesn't make them good enough for Rangers does it?

Obviosuly you get the odd exception i.e Goram or Cooper, but we should generally be looking to sign players of a higher calibre then that.

And anyway a lot of Falkirk fans predicted this would happen to him when we signed him as they knew he wasn't up to the demands that come with playing for the Old Firm.

If Gow can't do it for our reserves then he simply doesn't deserve the opportunity to play in the first team.

Aye orite, <cr>

Is that why the falkirk manager, His school football coach, and most Falkirk fans who talked about gow said, He'll be in the premiership in a few years, Ibrox will be a stepping stone.

We dont have the money to sign high calibre players, Gow imo, will do a better job than mcculloch, adam etc. THIS season, were theres no european football.

Aye orite, <cr>

Is that why the falkirk manager, His school football coach, and most Falkirk fans who talked about gow said, He'll be in the premiership in a few years, Ibrox will be a stepping stone.

We dont have the money to sign high calibre players, Gow imo, will do a better job than mcculloch, adam etc. THIS season, were theres no european football.

Whatever you say :rolleyes:

Most Falkirk fans felt he flattered to decieve and they have been proven right.

Aye orite, <cr>

Whatever you say :rolleyes:

Its a forum, everyone has their opinions, But you always want yours to be different to mying. So (tu) Cunt.

Adam and McCulloch are better than that parasite. Rubbish in reserves and will not put in effort for the team.

Absolute pish. Adam and McCulloch are donkeys. Gow is far better in every single facet of his game.

Give him two 90 minutes in a row and see what he can do.

Those of us who have seen him in reserve games and in the first team against East Stirling and witnessed his unwillingness to work for the team and the way he loses possession think otherwise. I would guarantee that all his supporters here would be crucifying him after a couple of games in the first team.

Disagree. He was one of the better players vs East Fife. http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A27361433 - the people have spoken. Get Gow in the team.

Reserve matches are meaningless and I wouldn't judge anyone on them.

When he signed i made "Alan Gow Loyal" on bebo, pole was how many goals would he score coming season. Fans chose like 10-15 was big hit. Then was never played till Ally chose him for shity cup games... :7929: (td)

I think we need more than Gow...But I think he should be given a chance

Backpeddling right into Murrays hands again, some of you are fucking unbelievable

the point was that in a bad bunch of players especially in the midfield especially he along with others should be given a chance <_<

I agree with the original poster, Gow does deserve a chance IMO.

But Walter doesn't like creative attack-minded players who might take us forward, that's why he sold Buffel, doesn't play Gow and chooses workers over skilled players. It makes me sick.

Now I'm not saying Alan Gow is the answer to our problems but he really should have been given a chance a long time ago, from what I've seen of him I always thought he looked really good.

I must admit though that I haven't seen that much of him but the thing is none of us have seen him play first team football at SPL level for us, so we can't really judge him. He can't be much worse than Adam, Dailly or McCulloch - let him play so we can judge him, that's what I'm saying.

The league starts in two days, still no new midfielders in sight. doh