McCoist / Miller Friendship Causing Problems

contacts

Now those of you who know me will know that I don't post nonsense.

First hand from a player I have been told that a number of players are unhappy at the friendship Ally McCoist and Kenny Miller have. By all accounts McCoist is constantly on about Kenny this and Kenny that. A number of players are already fed-up with the constant back slapping and suggest that this is one of the reasons why the squad does not have the same spirit this season.

Even during the trip to Lithiuania this week both of them have been spending a lot of time together playing cards along with Alan McGregor.

We do not have a happy dressing room and that can never be a good thing.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

very true. signing 3 new strikers is really going to get under the skin of guys like Novo, Boyd, Darcheville, especially the 1st two. i'd imagine they are 3 very popular members of the squad, so i can imagine a lot of guys will be feeling a pit peeved.

This is why Khenny Miller should never of been signed.

Exactly. They knew it would cause friction yet still went ahead and signed the wee prick. I still can't believe it.

We have had a recurring problem with split dressing rooms and cliques over the last few seasons. I genuinely think that the only way this can be avoided is to have a manager that emphasises the players' professional duties while actively monitoring individuals - somebody like Wenger. I wish.

First hand from a player I have been told that a number of players are unhappy at the friendship Ally McCoist and Kenny Miller have. By all accounts McCoist is constantly on about Kenny this and Kenny that. A number of players are already fed-up with the constant back slapping and suggest that this is one of the reasons why the squad does not have the same spirit this season.

Even during the trip to Lithiuania this week both of them have been spending a lot of time together playing cards along with Alan McGregor.

I know your threads of old from the other forum(i now dont go anywhere near). You usually post accurate posts so i have no reason to doubt this.

RE- the other players, no wonder they are a bit miffed, if i was one of the other strikers at the club, i'd be mighty pissed off too, watching that heedless chicken get a game before the likes of CB & Co, but what i am still having trouble understanding is why we would have 8 strikers fit and on ouir books and would go away to a place like kaunas & play one up front, when we required a result of sorts.

It really beggars belief. Almost as if he wanted us to go out.

Sort of backs up what I pm'd some people about the other week. We have a split camp.

I don't believe this to be honest. I think the one thing we do have is team spirit, and what we lack is players with the required technical ability.

Sorry, but the previous Luke Moore post as highlighted by another poster hardly shows a great track record.

I don't believe this to be honest. I think the one thing we do have is team spirit, and what we lack is players with the required technical ability.

Sorry, but the previous Luke Moore post as highlighted by another poster hardly shows a great track record.

If this is the same contacts who used to post on ff, i'll believe it, as he was usually spot on.

Surely your allowed one error, as we do look at some amount of players compared to the amount we actually sign.

If this is the same contacts who used to post on ff, i'll believe it, as he was usually spot on.

Surely your allowed one error, as we do look at some amount of players compared to the amount we actually sign.

Cheers mate I am the same person.

Scotbear - Luke Moore was so close to signing for our club that he actually spent a full day in Glasgow's west end looking for houses. The clubs failed to agree on a fee.

Ok, giving you the benefit of the doubt on that then....... (tu)

But who was the player ? Because as in any dressing room, there will always be a bitter few who don't take kindly to selections, training methods, etc.......

If true they are beginning to behave like a bunch of squabbling women (no offence Bearettes :))

None taken ;)

A split dressing room is the last thing we need before a ball's been kicked in the SPL :(

I have been wondering about the state of squad morale right now - it cannot be very high.

The experience of Dick Advocaat, Alex McLeish and Paul Le Guen, not to mention a dozen other Clubs, including Hearts and Celtic, shows how easily a string of bad results can lead to the loss of a dressing room. Once a manager losses the respect of his players then he is soon finished.

This is just my opinion, nothing more, but the likes of Lee McCullogh is deluding himself if he thinks that last season's SPL and Uefa Cup disappointments are having no bearing on what's happening this season. A lot of players look both hungover, jaded and done-in. IMO, there is a lack of freshness about this team.

A lot has been said about Walter Smith's favouritism. Morale must be dead in the u-19's right now and I wonder how much experienced players like Hemdani and Gow feel about being frozen out. The exisiting strike force must be badly insulted and it cannot be helped that the automatic picks are usually the worst performers on the park.

Smith has also lost Ferguson's influence in the dressing room. Charlie Adam, Dailly and McCullogh do not strike me as leadership material, nor particularly credible. Kaunas result is the third disappointing result in a major competition in as many months.

Walter has to start turning this around, or he may have yet more trouble on his hands.