Kaunas Player Would Love Rangers Move

He will be signed, with Walters great scouting system in place :craphead:

Senegal international Pascal Mendy has revealed he would jump at the chance of joining Rangers, despite kicking the Ibrox side out of European competition completely this season.

The defender who made the switch to FBK Kaunas last year with the understanding that it was merely a stepping stone to The SPL with Hearts, has had problems with work permits washing out any hope of that actually happening.

Mendy has not given up hope of securing a move to Scotland and believes his performances against Rangers will hopefully enhance his chances of playing in the UK.

“I really hope a result like this will improve my chances of coming to Scotland now,” Mendy told the Scottish Sun. “I joined Kaunas believing I’d be loaned to Hearts and that was left disappointed that I couldn’t because I didn’t have the work permit.

“If I do get then I would go to Hearts straight away

“But it’s not just Hearts. It could be a Scottish team, a French team, an English team.

“It could be Rangers. Any big team.

“Why not? If the time comes for me to leave Kaunas then it will not be a problem to me.

“I just want to go and play in a bigger and better league in Europe.”

This guy must think hes something special though, didnt even know he played against us.

Senegal international Pascal Mendy has revealed he would jump at the chance of joining Rangers, despite kicking the Ibrox side out of European competition completely this season.

The defender who made the switch to FBK Kaunas last year with the understanding that it was merely a stepping stone to The SPL with Hearts, has had problems with work permits washing out any hope of that actually happening.

Mendy has not given up hope of securing a move to Scotland and believes his performances against Rangers will hopefully enhance his chances of playing in the UK.

“I really hope a result like this will improve my chances of coming to Scotland now,” Mendy told the Scottish Sun. “I joined Kaunas believing I’d be loaned to Hearts and that was left disappointed that I couldn’t because I didn’t have the work permit.

“But it’s not just Hearts. It could be a Scottish team, a French team, an English team.

“Why not? If the time comes for me to leave Kaunas then it will not be a problem to me.

No thanks! unless its a swap for our midfield nightmare trio

He certainly seemed good to me, getting in good positions and his ball delivery seemed good too, I'd happily have him in our midfield.

who wouldnt look good in midfield against us he had the whole space to himself!

sebo would run through that midfield and yes that is with the ball!

Isnt he a defensive midfielder not a CB? the guy that ran around like a headless chicken in both matches and gave the ball away??

Get him signed Walter!! :rangers:

I am still wondering why he would want to come to a lower level squad in the first place... <_<

Funniest thing about this article is the way the journo has constructed that this guy is just crying out to come to Rangers.

Then when you read the balance of the article, the guy isn't passionately trying to join Rangers at all, he just wants to to get a work permit and end up in the UK - or indeed nearly anywhere except Lithuania.

The usual piss-poor journalism from the Sun, just desperate to get a story on the OF to fill space.