If Walter is the man who I think he is...

D'Artagnan

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest johngers
I actually think he should have stepped down post match at the Scottish Cup Final.

:huh:

I'll give him to the end of the month. See what signings he makes, and how he performs in the Sheep and Sellick games.

I actually think he should have stepped down post match at the Scottish Cup Final.

I'll give him to the end of the month. See what signings he makes, and how he performs in the Sheep and Sellick games.

IMO the damage has been done....I would not trust him further with transfer money.

Why is that Boab ?

I just feel it would have been an apt time to move aside. It had been a rollercoaster season and he had even got stick for our style last season. It was only going to get worse, if he was going to get us to change.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say that I'd felt he should have went at the time but in reflection, maybe that would have been time to go - perhaps upstairs - as that was enough time to 'steady the ship'.

Walter is not the man you think he is then D'A.

He is far too stubborn to admit he has even made mistakes nevermind contemplate stepping down. I wouldn't trust him with my goldfish let alone anymore transfer money and when a manager reaches that situation with the supporters then it is time to go.

Guest johngers

IMO the damage has been done....I would not trust him further with transfer money.

I can see why, but I think with not much left of it anyway he should be given another wee run.

However, if he messes up, its the last chance saloon.

He's got until christmas to get us playing better. Don't forget even Mourinho at Chelsea was getting it in the neck for playing shite, and scraping by with pish performances, and he had an unlimited budget.

Aye but he had players to get him out the hole..we have players who keep fuckin diggin

I can see why, but I think with not much left of it anyway he should be given another wee run.

He should just go, So we can atleast give the new manager time to buy and sell players!

No point keeping Smith and then punting him after the window shut :mad:

Being honest I'm not sure it's his signings that are the problem. Bougherra, Cuellar, Cousin, Thomson and a few others have been successes or heralded etc.

It's his defensive mindset where he basically refuses to use flair or skill in his team. No matter what players he has, it's the grafters he seems to pick.

That has failed us because said players have no technical quality.

Being honest I'm not sure it's his signings that are the problem. Bougherra, Cuellar, Cousin, Thomson and a few others have been successes or heralded etc.

It's his defensive mindset where he basically refuses to use flair or skill in his team. No matter what players he has, it's the grafters he seems to pick.

There is some truth to that Danny...but to expand your post further.....dont you think a manager should address the weakenesses of the squad rather than feed his mindset ?

To sign 3 strikers in a team which plays a single striker when you already have the most potent striker in Scotland sitting on the bench....and ample back up....whilst your midfield is devoid of both crafy and personnel is..imo...unexcusable.

Guest johngers

He should just go, So we can atleast give the new manager time to buy and sell players!

No point keeping Smith and then punting him after the window shut :mad:

"Walter was not asked if he felt he was under pressure – he was asked if he can get us out of this situation.

"He explained the team's strengths and why he set out the team the way he did last season – which was largely successful to be fair.

"But he also openly admitted that he has to move on from that and that's what he will attempt to do.

I hear what you say, but the club said two creative midfielders will be signed. I expect that to happen and I would give Smith/Bain until the end of the window to do that.

Also, the bold part says he is going to try and change his ways, hence why I would give him the first few games to see if he does. People make mistakes, and I believe Walter should be given the chance to change his.

I think whilst Walter has ballsed it up with Kaunas and the SPL last season, we should give him a month in the SPL. After all Sellik bounced back under Strapon after Artmedia Attack!

However, i believe he should move up to a director of football role in the near future, we need fresh ideas, Walter stabilised us but other teams have strengthened and suddenly we are as far ashore as we were post-Le Guen!

I do believe Walter is a liability in the transfer market, but if we can start off to a positive start, i would idealy like him to move upstairs around December, giving us time to get a continental manager in and attract some players.

If Walter can get us top of the spl we will be far more attractive to players, so personally i do not believe it is time to change ship yet. Also ra sellik could be out of Europe come xmas, which would then mean they will also struggle to attract players!

Does ANYONE else agree?

I would expect him to step down now.

Discuss.

He should step down and blame this fiasco on Bain and the players. Say he didn't have the support to sign the people he wanted and that the players were over confident about playing Kaunus. Say they didn't listen to him etc. Write a book about it.

I think he should think about his legacy at Rangers and abandon ship, saying anything that makes him look better...even if it is lies.

There is some truth to that Danny...but to expand your post further.....dont you think a manager should address the weakenesses of the squad rather than feed his mindset ?

Being the manager of a club as big as Rangers has with it an ego. Every manager gets chastised for the same thing - stubborn formations/personnel choices.

DA - was slated in the end for always going with the Dutch contingent no matter how crap their form was - he lost the dressing room and kicked out Gattuso and Albertz etc.

Eck - was slated for picking Namouchi and Vanoli instead of guys like Stevie Smith etc. Was chastised for sticking with Wattereus when he'd made a boatload of errors. For picking a failure like Bernard and signing duds like Ostenstaad and Capucho.

PLG - was slated for not picking Boyd, for choosing such odd and continental formations and going with guys like Svensson and Hemdani in defence.

WS - being slated now for not picking Buffel, Boyd and Gow, for being ridiculously defensive and being stubborn with his 'buddies'.

Feeding the mindset cannot be escaped.

To sign 3 strikers in a team which plays a single striker when you already have the most potent striker in Scotland sitting on the bench....and ample back up....whilst your midfield is devoid of both crafy and personnel is..imo...unexcusable.

It entirely is.

I don't understand anything Smith is doing.

A game we had to win and the team he picked was full of robust grafters and no guile.

Smith seems to have loyalty to certain players, no matter what they do on the pitch.

Discuss.

He should step down and blame this fiasco on Bain and the players. Say he didn't have the support to sign the people he wanted and that the players were over confident about playing Kaunus. Say they didn't listen to him etc. Write a book about it.

I think he should think about his legacy at Rangers and abandon ship, saying anything that makes him look better...even if it is lies.

But not lies anyone would believe.

He is the chooser of the team - that buck stops with him no matter what he blames other things on.

And when you have guys like Buffel and Gow in the reserves and pick McCulloch and Adam?

Discuss.

You want the manager of the club to act like a complete cunt...why?

Discuss.

You want the manager of the club to act like a complete cunt...why?

It was just sarcasm!