If Walter is the man who I think he is...

D'Artagnan

Celtic are better than us at the minute but not that much better. The big difference is confidence and, if WS can rebuild that then the league is possible. Has WS lost the dressing room?

This is a BIG part of the problem. As much as fans won't accept it as an excuse, it is a perfectly natural human response to lose confidence and feel despondent after what happened at the end of last season. Now the team have had the worst start to the new season, it would surprise me if many players were bursting with confidence before the SPL kicks off today.

Walter has shown he CAN turn this kind of situation around. He's done it twice. Once at Scotland, and again when he took over from Le Guen. Both times he did it without altering the personnel greatly.

I agree with a lot of the points being made here. Yes, losing to Kaunas was unacceptable. But as a club we've been there before. We've failed to qualify for Europe on many occasions through-out our history. (The most notable ones in my living memory are AK Athens '94-'95, Gothenburg '97-'98, Fenerbache '01-'02, not to mention season '02-'03 against Zizkov). Whilst we have a proud history to match the European giants like Barca, Milan, Madrid and Man Utd, we do not have the pedigree, and based on the financial markets of football, probably never will.

As I'm sure many of the older fans on here will say, Rangers FC has been through dark days before. I'm not old enough to remember them, but I'm at least aware that in football success comes in swings and roundabouts.

I personally regard last season as a success, albeit a bitter sweet one. What we must do is build on that, and that means winning the league. It would be folly to send our club into disarray by firing our manager before that campaign has even begun. I've never been a fan of sacking managers mid-way through season. 9/10 times it doesn't help.

Also we as fans have to accept the days of Laudrup, Gazza, Van Bronckhorst and the like are gone. We cannot afford this type of players. That doesn't mean the dross like Dailly, Broadfoot, Adam and so on are now Rangers class, but we must get used to frustration in the transfer market. It seems Walter can't win. If he does sign players they get slated for being crap, if he doesn't sign players he gets slated for lack of action. Real life football is not like Football Manager. If Walter can't sign players better than our current squad then what is the point. We don't have the money or wages structure to bring in big names.

If Walter and his players can't provide the league by May, then yes the time for change is inevitable.

Until then, unite behind Rangers.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think there's any chance of him leaving just before the start of the season. That would throw us in to even more disarray! Though I get the feeling that this could be his last season here whatever the outcome, then McCoist will replace him.

McCoist had the team in the two cup games and played the same pish he obviously has no input with the manager or they would have fell out by now. In my opinion he is just another fucking yes man

and when Smith goes (and he will) i hope he takes all his rubbish with him.