Thomas Buffel

Danny

When Smith refused to play him then wrote off his contract, that was the day my faith in Smith died for good.

A creative wee spark who gave so much - and Smith just wouldn't give him a run.

And he ships him off.

What I wouldn't give for that wee guy back at Ibrox.

Only an astonishing resurrection will see my faith in our beleaguered boss return.

That's nonsense. The reason Buffel never got a shot under Smith is he wasted numerous chances under previous Rangers managers by giving very little.

However I agree 100% that he's the kinda player we are crying out for. We need the creative spark he can provide when he's arsed.

When Smith refused to play him then wrote off his contract, that was the day my faith in Smith died for good.

And he ships him off.

Only an astonishing resurrection will see my faith in our beleaguered boss return.

That's nonsense. The reason Buffel never got a shot under Smith is he wasted numerous chances under previous Rangers managers by giving very little.

That's nonsense. And even if it wasn't, are you seriously telling me Lee McCulloch contributes so much more? And if he doesn't, how does that fit into your argument that Smith doesn't start players who don't give much?

And he ships him off.

That's nonsense. And even if it wasn't, are you seriously telling me Lee McCulloch contributes so much more? And if he doesn't, how does that fit into your argument that Smith doesn't start players who don't give much?

I never said anything about McCulloch and its hardly nonsense to say Buffel has had his chances. That's 3 Rangers managers that have refused to play him ... are they all wrong and you're right Danny????

How many times have you seen Buffel in a Rangers side and then forgotten he was even playing? Great player when he can be bothered but anonymous in general.

As for McCulloch, agree wholeheartedly that he should be nowhere near the first team, nevermind centre midfield. As I've said elsewhere, players who actually play centre mid and have NOT had a chance to prove themselves yet (Furman maybe even Fleck) should be given the opportunity to do so.

I never said anything about McCulloch and its hardly nonsense to say Buffel has had his chances.

It is exactly that. How many times did he start in the league under Smith?

That's 3 Rangers managers that have refused to play him ... are they all wrong and you're right Danny????

Gid, you're clueless on this - Buffel played PLENTY under Eck and PLG. Indeed Eck rebutted a £4M bid for him. He only fell out of the picture under PLG when he got injured.

So 2 of them were right and so am I.

How many times have you seen Buffel in a Rangers side and then forgotten he was even playing? Great player when he can be bothered but anonymous in general.

Wait, I thought you said the managers refused to play him. Now you're implying he played plenty and was anonymous.

Make your mind up old chap.

As for McCulloch, agree wholeheartedly that he should be nowhere near the first team, nevermind centre midfield. As I've said elsewhere, players who actually play centre mid and have NOT had a chance to prove themselves yet (Furman maybe even Fleck) should be given the opportunity to do so.

Fancy a game?

Gid, you're clueless on this - Buffel played PLENTY under Eck and PLG. Indeed Eck rebutted a £4M bid for him. He only fell out of the picture under PLG when he got injured.

Buffel was never a regular under any of these managers. Check your stats Danny.

Actually I think Buffel's best spell of form was just before PLG's departure but he was only a sub then too.

Wait, I thought you said the managers refused to play him. Now you're implying he played plenty and was anonymous.

Come on Danny. He was played originally when he came to Ibrox, showed promise in spells but never delivered consistently. Even you cannot deny this.

Fancy a game?

Resorting to this? Not got a sound argument as to why a young promising centre mid we've spent money on coaching and has not had a proper chance at top team action should get the nod ahead of your beloved Buffel?

Actually I think Buffel's best spell of form was just before PLG's departure but he was only a sub then too.

Come on Danny. He was played originally when he came to Ibrox, showed promise in spells but never delivered consistently. Even you cannot deny this.

Fancy a game?

Resorting to this? Not got a sound argument as to why a young promising centre mid we've spent money on coaching and has not had a proper chance at top team action should get the nod ahead of your beloved Buffel?

No, I just stopped caring about this conversation as soon as I hit send :pipe:

Fancy a game?

If you didn't care why start the thread :pipe:

Fancy a game?

If you didn't care why start the thread :pipe:

I do care about the subject. A thread can have several conversations in it :pipe: