When Boston traded Babe Ruth to the Yankees...

Canadaready

They went on a near century long drought of no success.

Does anyone else get the sinking sensation in their stomach that Kenny Miller is going to be our good fortune undoing? I personally think it.

We won't go for years without winning, but considering we rarely had any good fortune to begin with...it saddens me.

Didn't know that about Babe Ruth and Boston. As for the Miller, what can I say that hasn't already been said?

His skill or non-skill aside, I think he will be the ondoing of what could have been an ok season.

Reading about him and Ally created a clubhouse issue for example. It is not a good start...worse one imaginable.

wrong way around

boston traded their best player (pitcher then actually) away

We got in a poor player

Of course we can recover - we recovered from signing duds before - there have been no shortage of them down the years - and we are still trucking

wrong way around

We got in a poor player

Of course we can recover - we recovered from signing duds before - there have been no shortage of them down the years - and we are still trucking

I was looking at it moreso from an overall fan perspective.

The fans wanted Boston to keep Ruth badly. The team went ahead and offloaded him, a then pitcher, to the Yankees. He turned into a great player, but I am just looking at the ebs and flows of good fortune. Him moving on ended Boston's at that time.

Miller coming in was something we felt strongly about. The team went ahead and did it anyway. We are off to a poor start.

wrong way around

We got in a poor player

I was looking at it moreso from an overall fan perspective.

The fans wanted Boston to keep Ruth badly. The team went ahead and offloaded him, a then pitcher, to the Yankees. He turned into a great player, but I am just looking at the ebs and flows of good fortune. Him moving on ended Boston's at that time.

Miller coming in was something we felt strongly about. The team went ahead and did it anyway. We are off to a poor start.

Well I hope it doesn't take 86yrs to get back to winning. I'm depressed enough :rangers: