Boyd and Velicka could be a good partnership...

Only really had one chance between the both of them, and both of them were right in the thick of the goal.

Imagine playing Beasley on the right wing, Lafferty on the left and getting in a creative midfielder.

------------Boyd------Velicka------

Lafferty--Barry---[new player]---Beasley

What about someone that can spread the ball wide quickly, like Darren Fletcher (although not him, he's a rhat)

they linked up well a couple of times, sadly the midfield didn't get the ball to either of them often enough to be able to tell.

velicka was ready for Boyd's flick-ons though which was a good sign for me

Boyd and miller should be the way forward.

With Velicka replacing boyd in games, and JCD replacing miller.

Means everyone behind the strikers who exactly whats happening, whos the runner, and whos the scorer.

They started off well but their lack of pace was evident and it allowed Falkirk to push further up the field. Both players had a good game but I think that they would be better off with a more mobile partner.

I thought that the game was crying out for Darcheville before we scored, however that is football. We had a decent move and Velicka was in the right place at the right time, you can't ask for much more from your strikers than what he gave today.

I feel that there with better service they would be a good pairing against the lesser teams however that would require Beasly and possibly another winger to be playing.

Your comments surprise me, I thought that these lads did'nt gel that well. Also don't you think WS/AM made a mistake by not subbing Velicka? straight after he scored?

That's because they never got a pass to them. Our midfield was completely over run and outplayed by Latapy.

Fair point but I did'nt get a warm feeling, what do you think of my question?

Every midfield need a ball winner, without the ball you can creat fuck all.

However much you hated Lennon, he would break up play, win the bal & give it to someone with skill who could create.

Boyd and miller should be the way forward.

With Velicka replacing boyd in games, and JCD replacing miller.

Means everyone behind the strikers who exactly whats happening, whos the runner, and whos the scorer.

nail on head thinking

Your comments surprise me, I thought that these lads did'nt gel that well. Also don't you think WS/AM made a mistake by not subbing Velicka? straight after he scored?

That's because they never got a pass to them. Our midfield was completely over run and outplayed by Latapy.

Fair point but I did'nt get a warm feeling, what do you think of my question?

JCD shouldn't have came on, it wouldn't have changed the problems we had with the midfield, our lack off.

I wouldn't have taken Velicka off at all. His touch, awareness and pass looks good

Up against pub teams we could play them both together, as they will likely get a few chances. Up against more accomplished sides I would like to see Boyd and Lafferty together.

You want to drop thomson?

I'd prefer to drop barry, and bring in a creative midfielder, or even let furman show what he has.

I'd drop Thomson before Barry, Thomson's a good player, best we've got in the middle at the moment, but he's overrated IMO and if we get a couple of decent midfielders, one being an attacking mid, then he could struggle for a place.

I say this because I think Barry will come back fresh, not saying he'll recapture the form of the past, but I do think he'll take control of out midfield again.

You want to drop thomson?

Yes, Thomson is awful for a CM. Hard worker, tenacious...yes. Creative? Has Thomson never heard of that word?

Our CM's never existed today. Latapy was taking the piss half the time, John Hughes felt sorry for them and moved Latapty out to the right.

think youl find he started on the right

If Thomson made more runs like he did for his goal against Celtic and Kaunas hed be a brilliant player. But he cant , because him pushing to far forward leaves McCulloch to deal with things

I dont know if much has been said about boyds performance but he did well with the knock on to lafferty which we ended up scoring from!

Boyd won quite a few knock ons and linked up quite well at times, but wasn't helped by the midfield being about 30 yards behind alot of the time.

We sit back too much and invite too much pressure on us by poor retention of the ball and inability to anything when being pressed other than hump the ball up the pitch to nobody, giving the ball straight back to them. Daily, McCulloch and Weir in paticular are pretty bad for it.

Boyd and Velicka would do well if we had a midfield or any width to provide them with service, wtf Smith was doing bringing Cousin on instead of Beasley i'll never know.

i saw enough of them to think that this might work if Smith stays with them & doesn't keep dropping one or both of them.

First half especially they looked for each other & were interchanging runs. Second half...and especially after we scored, we did our same old defending routine so we were never going to get a 2nd!!

Must admit, thought they were very similar.

Would prefer Boyd/Velicka with Darcheville/Miller/Lafferty

(tu)

Don't like Boyd and Velicka being paired together at all, the balance isn't there.

definitely, purely for the fact that having an extremely fast player can also give us an advantage