Boyd and Velicka could be a good partnership...

Velicka showed Boyd up today. Similar frame to Boyd but much better work rate and touch. In fact Boyd was awful today (bar his flick on for Lafferty) and should thank Velicka for saving his bacon - slided in for return ball from Lafferty and fluffed it. Boyd seems to be another player that is immune to criticism by some members of this board.

Velicka looks a player and will link up better with Darch or Miller

Velicka showed Boyd up today. Similar frame to Boyd but much better work rate and touch. In fact Boyd was awful today (bar his flick on for Lafferty) and should thank Velicka for saving his bacon - slided in for return ball from Lafferty and fluffed it. Boyd seems to be another player that is immune to criticism by some members of this board.

I disagree completely. I thought Velicka was poorer than Boyd and he was even going to be substituted but he got his goal. Boyd is one of the most criticised players on this board mate (tu)

I didn't think they looked a partnership in any way and certainly is does not look like a goalscoring one as the balance is wrong. Boyd must play with a central partner and preferably one that can contribute goals. It has been seen that he cannot combine with JCD or Cousin and, I believe, Velicka. Since Miller will never score more than a goal every 8 games it has to be the only partner who has combined well with him in the couple of games they have played together centrally; Novo.

Your comments surprise me, I thought that these lads did'nt gel that well. Also don't you think WS/AM made a mistake by not subbing Velicka? straight after he scored?

That's because they never got a pass to them. Our midfield was completely over run and outplayed by Latapy.

I suspected this would happen early on actually. I think even though he is 40 he is very effective in midfield. I think a lot of people think its easy to push the ball that extra yard or 2 in midfield but its hard and latapy is very productive.

I didn't think they looked a partnership in any way and certainly is does not look like a goalscoring one as the balance is wrong. Boyd must play with a central partner and preferably one that can contribute goals. It has been seen that he cannot combine with JCD or Cousin and, I believe, Velicka. Since Miller will never score more than a goal every 8 games it has to be the only partner who has combined well with him in the couple of games they have played together centrally; Novo.

To be fair....they have only played a grand total of 75 mins together....taking the 3 mins each they got on Tuesday! I'm certain that they could become a great partnership given the chance. Not that I'm comparing the two sets of strikers, but even Super Ally & Hately had their problems to start with!!

I do however think you're spot on about Novo & Boyd. That definately WOULD work.....it's just a pity the Gaffer sees Novo as a right winger not a striker! doh

I disagree completely. I thought Velicka was poorer than Boyd and he was even going to be substituted but he got his goal. Boyd is one of the most criticised players on this board mate (tu)

I agree with you, I thought that boyd played well today. His passing, his movement off the ball and his flick on's were all very good.

He looked alot sharper and played well despite being constantly fouled by the Falkirk defence. Did anyone else notice that they climbed all over him today without being cautioned?

Velicka started well but I felt that he drifted out of the game after the first 20 minutes. It wasn't a poor performance but I felt that he simply lacked the service to be able to do more.

thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard mate, considering he was the one who flicked it on to lafferty in the first place doh, a cracking flick on (which you acknowledged) then he tried to run back in when lafferty got past the defender. Thankfully we played 2 up front and it allowed us to have another striker in a goalscoring position, after all, i dont think any of our other strikers would have been able to flick the ball on in the edge of the area and magically appear at the back post to tap in that return ball