Entire midfield bar Thomson out of position

Danny

90% of the team is played out of position Walter hasnt got a clue

He can only mange players who ahve made the grade as he did in the 90s he cannot make players into something they arent or havent got thats the problem and nobody can see that :angry2:

It was the same at Scotland he was using established players that werent his for god sake although most of them were shite of course :rolleyes:

How can you play good football or winning football when essentially half the team if not more is not being played in their natural positions?

It's starting to get ridiculous now - Lafferty, a striker, wasted on the left - Whittaker, a right back, wasted on the right wing. LM a God knows what in the central midfield alongside Thomson.

Broadfoot in defence rather than even Webster who I think could be worth a punt in there. Dailly at right back rather than his best position in defensive midfield.

All these players and more get played in positions alien to them.

Only Thomson, McGregor, Boyd, Velicka, Magic and Papac actually played in their best positions.

That's worrying.

And what is more worrying is that guys like Hemdani who naturally plays CM are out of the squad with McCulloch out of position in CM.

And then Adam, a left winger, albeit a pretty rank one, comes on in CM to replace Thomson.

It's no wonder this side is abject - it's beginning to reek of PLG's clueless all over again.

I agree with what you're saying apart from Broadfoot and Adam.

Thought Broadfoot looked pretty solid in his natural centre half position again. Couple of timely tackles.

Still wasteful in possession though having a midfield that stands and looks at the man in possession rather than make a move can't be easy.

I think Adam looks a better player in the middle of the park and that is his natural position.

Still not good enough but better than McCulloch.

I thought Broadfoot in his natural position looked out of place, think of the Higdon chance when Broadfoot hadn't moved out with the rest of defence and was playing him onside by 7 yards. Broadfoot did not have a clue where he was and what was happening, erratic to say the least at St mirren and could be costly for us against any team with goalscoring forwards.

Even if Broadfoot had moved up Papac and Lafferty would still have played Higdon onside!

Bougherra actually missed the ball in the air that let it get to Arfield and when Broadfoot seen him lining up the shot he tried to block the shot!

And him and haining were the only reason St Mirren never got relegated, he was brilliant for them!