Rangers and selling

Canadaready

I have a question for you folks.

After reading the article about Rangers possibly selling Cuellar is a large enough bid came in...what does that have to do with anything?

If a player is under contract at Rangers, are we not under no obligation whatsoever to sell that player?

Same case with Hutton. We didn't have to sell him off.

In my opinion, why will we sell the only players in our squad worthy of constant recognition when they are under contract to us? Teams in other sports hang onto their talent throughout the contract they signed them for in order to build a foundation. Why don't Rangers?

After reading the article about Rangers possibly selling Cuellar is a large enough bid came in...what does that have to do with anything?

If a player is under contract at Rangers, are we not under no obligation whatsoever to sell that player?

In my opinion, why will we sell the only players in our squad worthy of constant recognition when they are under contract to us? Teams in other sports hang onto their talent throughout the contract they signed them for in order to build a foundation. Why don't Rangers?

Because Murrays a money grabbing B*****d

We under obligation to the financial pressures placed upon the club so occasionally selling players is necessary to ensure we can operate prudently.

However, that should only be done as a last resort and/or if an offer is too good to refuse. Many fans go on about wanting the club to use the Ajax model as a blueprint to success in a league with little financial opportunities. They sign and develop players with potential in order to sell them on and maximise their success.

We should do the same but only if the the ongoing product is not disturbed as with what happened with Hutton last term. It's a fine line.

i think if we where in the premiership we wouldnt think twice about selling because we would have that tap of money of the sky deal - but we dont have that same tap in scotland, hutton made it crystal clear he wanted to stay and i think it was very unfair for rangers to put pressure on the player into leaving and i feel they may do the same with cuellar. but of late i think rangers have been took down the strictly business route where everything is looked at in margins and bottom lines as where it used to be all about winning tropheys and giving value for money to the fans. murray used to care about rangers but 20 years at the helm would take its toll on most people - i think he is just trying to get the books in order and not really giving 2 fecks about the team so that he can punt us to the highest bidder.

For the simple reason that the board will see the £s on offer , and cash in gleefully. It is about the money , it wil continue to be about money from this day hence until change is effected. The moonbeams shone in the eyes of supporters every season , right about season book renewal time , blinded enough people to ensure that the ground - and the boards pockets - remains filled.

They don't care a damn about what happens out there on the park aslong as the currency is flowing in.

For the simple reason that the board will see the £s on offer , and cash in gleefully. It is about the money , it wil continue to be about money from this day hence until change is effected. The moonbeams shone in the eyes of supporters every season , right about season book renewal time , blinded enough people to ensure that the ground - and the boards pockets - remains filled.

They don't care a damn about what happens out there on the park aslong as the currency is flowing in.

And as long as people pack the seats they make money. Not until they stop making money will they begin to invest again. I mean, if you could make $100 with this current team why would you invest more of your money into it just to continue to make $100.

If we only gave $50, they would try to make it back to $100 again through team improvement.

The main reason we're not investing big money anymore is that big Minty is trying to reduce the debt as much as possible to offload the club isn't he?

I have to say it would be nice not to have to spend so much money servicing debt. But almost all major football clubs are in debt to some degree.

Basically what I'm trying to say is Smith Out :)

And as long as people pack the seats they make money. Not until they stop making money will they begin to invest again. I mean, if you could make $100 with this current team why would you invest more of your money into it just to continue to make $100.

If we only gave $50, they would try to make it back to $100 again through team improvement.

A very salient point made there , and one which we should bear in mind when we review our financial expenditure on Club merchandise , matchday catering and the like. For sure , the Club have often expressed the need for prudence in the current climate - that reasoning can easily be applied , maybe with a little leverage , by the support at large.

We under obligation to the financial pressures placed upon the club so occasionally selling players is necessary to ensure we can operate prudently.

However, that should only be done as a last resort and/or if an offer is too good to refuse. Many fans go on about wanting the club to use the Ajax model as a blueprint to success in a league with little financial opportunities. They sign and develop players with potential in order to sell them on and maximise their success.

We should do the same but only if the the ongoing product is not disturbed as with what happened with Hutton last term. It's a fine line.

Very true.

Ajax have a conveyor belt of players who get sub appearances here and there, so when the youths are brought into a side they have a rough idea of whether they will succeed.

Rangers didn't have a conveyor belt and had to make do with signing a cheaper player with less talent to fill the position.

It could be argued, that the very same thing in the mid to late 90's broke Ajax, as they sought to sign experienced players to fill gaps left by selling so many of their bright young stars.

the problem is that contracts mean . nothing and as already said minty is a money grabber no doubt there is a Murray subsiduary company that takes a share of transfer profits ....it would not surprise me one bit

Better scouting would lead to better youngsters which would lead to less idiotic signings.

To a point I agree, but if you have a talented youngster, being spotted by a scout has to be followed with proper coaching.

and they have to get a chance of playing in the first team

Better scouting would lead to better youngsters which would lead to less idiotic signings.

To a point I agree, but if you have a talented youngster, being spotted by a scout has to be followed with proper coaching.

and they have to get a chance of playing in the first team

Which is the most difficult part, especially with McCulloch and Dailly being regulars. Zidane wouldnt get in the team along side them

An interesting point CR....some time ago we were meant to embarking on a process which involved "The untouchables" - these would be players who would not be sold under any circumstances and which would be the backbone of the team and ensure continuity.

Then again for every fiver Celtic Spent........