Hemdani

I'm a huge fan of Hemdani, I think hes probably the most cultured player we have.

However there is absolutely no denying that his form really dipped last season, especially after Christmas.

Was his masterclass in Lyon the pinacle of his Rangers career and since then he has just been waeing down?

Or is it a case of him suffering due to our formation and personnel?

After all his style of play relys on him winning the ball and having players with pace and directness around him to distribute it to.

While we had Hutton and Beasley down the right in the early part of last year, we often had Broadfoot and Novo after that.

Is it simply a case that these players are not as intelligent as Hemdani and he struggles as a result?

Or do we simply have too many defense minded players which leave him with a lack of outlet from which to build on?

His downfall truly is a mystery!

Im a big Hemdani fan aswell, id have him in my team, i think part of the problem was he was getting so few games he wasnt as sharp as he should have been. He probably lost faith in the management aswell. If he had have played against Kaunas, im convinced we would have got through

Im a big Hemdani fan aswell, id have him in my team, i think part of the problem was he was getting so few games he wasnt as sharp as he should have been. He probably lost faith in the management aswell. If he had have played against Kaunas, im convinced we would have got through

To leave a guy who has played in two UEFA Cup finals, in favour of a 35 year old utility man was one of the worst decsions I have ever seen.

I think if Hemdani had played v Kaunas we would have went through.

He doesn't play like your typical defensive mid, he nicks and steals the ball from players that take a heavy touch and hardly ever gives away a foul.

Then once he wins the ball, he plays the sensible pass. A calming influence like him would have seen us through the other night.

Hemdani has fallen down the pecking order since Walter Smith's arrival. His game is being affected by lack of regular first time football and the poor quality midfield. Smith's favouritism doesn't help much either, I suspect.

He doesn't play like your typical defensive mid, he nicks and steals the ball from players that take a heavy touch and hardly ever gives away a foul.

Then once he wins the ball, he plays the sensible pass. A calming influence like him would have seen us through the other night.

His performance against Lyon was one of the best individual performances I have ever seen from a Ranger:

I feel for the guy. How he didn't get in the squad against Kaunas before Christian Dailly is absolutely mind-boggling. I think my head would explode if I even tried to think what Smith's logic was.

GAHHHHH!!!!1111ONEONE!

We would have beat them in that midweek game as well. As ive said before, Dailly has absolutely no positional sense, he literally does not know where to stand on the pitch at times and it's cost us badly.

We've touched on the apparent "physical" element that Dailly brings to the team before, PG. I still cannot see this and i cant help but think its a case of clutching at the straws from Smith. In all honesty, Dailly simply isnt anywhere near the level of Hemdani.

It looks like he'll leave and its sad that he will. Many a punter has criticised him for "not having any heart", short memories really when you consider his celebrations after scoring against them and Osasuna!

His performance against Lyon was one of the best individual performances I have ever seen from a Ranger:

The best individual performance ive seen from a Ranger over the past 8 years or so. Only Burke's destruction of Hapoel Tel-Aviv comes close!

I'm a huge fan of Hemdani, I think hes probably the most cultured player we have.

However there is absolutely no denying that his form really dipped last season, especially after Christmas.

Was his masterclass in Lyon the pinacle of his Rangers career and since then he has just been waeing down?

Or is it a case of him suffering due to our formation and personnel?

After all his style of play relys on him winning the ball and having players with pace and directness around him to distribute it to.

While we had Hutton and Beasley down the right in the early part of last year, we often had Broadfoot and Novo after that.

Is it simply a case that these players are not as intelligent as Hemdani and he struggles as a result?

Or do we simply have too many defense minded players which leave him with a lack of outlet from which to build on?

His downfall truly is a mystery!

We aren't in Europe so we won't see him all year.

Brahim Hemdani is simply a class European midfielder. Just think about this team for a second-

Hutton---Cuellar-Weir-Papac

-------------Hemdani---------

Beasley-Ferguson-Thomson-McCulloch

------------Cousin------------

Players who did not play against Kaunas in italics.

Hutton is the only one not under contract currently. So there is hope I suppose. Unfortunately, Cousin, Hutton, and Beasley were the players who made the offense in that formation dynamic.

This was the team against Lyon btw. And Hemdani was the best player on the park.

Bah, watching that Lyon video depresses me :(

Was that the last game Mculloch did anything of note bar East Stirling?!

His assists against Falkirk and Aberdeen in December aswell as his assist against Dundee Utd in April spring to mind.

Hearts at home in December. Scored twice.