Day 1 of the SPL

papaguy51

Bah, full time 1-0.

Chalk up the first 3 points for a refereeing mistake in Celtic's favour.

We were lucky to get 3 points and so were they today thats the truth of the matter

We don't have to dive and cheat to earn our points

In the famous words of Shogun

"The 2007/08 spl will forever be tainted by the foul stench of cheatin and lack of sporting integrity"

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

papa, how about you try and organise a League (table) of Justice where points are given for the outcomes given that wrong decisions leading to goals/disallowed goals are correct. So today would be 0-0 and hence only 1 point for Celtic.

I'm sure Oleg done something similar last season, and if my memory serves me correctly I think he came up with about 15-20 points which could have went in our favour had the decisions been correct.

Was it more more like 30? :blink:

I haven't seen Mr Positive since the day before the Kaunas game.

I honestly can't remember mate, but it was a shit-load anyway.

Who's up for it?

Myself, Davy and Kev could maintain a thread that counts all the decisions in favour of Rangers and Celtic PLUS do a league table to show how it SHOULD look (in theory).

Where's admin?! :lol:

Who's up for it?

Myself, Davy and Kev could maintain a thread that counts all the decisions in favour of Rangers and Celtic PLUS do a league table to show how it SHOULD look (in theory).

go for it (tu)

you can edit your own posts so its perfectly feasable.

Who's up for it?

go for it (tu)

I'd need it pinned.

Who's up for it?

go for it (tu)

I'd need it pinned.

I can do that, will check with others first if they want it pinned or not. You could still maintain a thread anyway and just add a post when it's updated that would bump it up.

Who's up for it?

go for it (tu)

I'd need it pinned.

I can do that, will check with others first if they want it pinned or not. You could still maintain a thread anyway and just add a post when it's updated that would bump it up.

Check with the other lads first then Ben (tu)

We need a way to decide once and for all if there really IS a bias within Scottish refereeing.

Who's up for it?

go for it (tu)

I'd need it pinned.

Check with the other lads first then Ben (tu)

We need a way to decide once and for all if there really IS a bias within Scottish refereeing.

There is. [/thread] :)

A table wouldn't work as you would have to count all the decisions in all the other games (tu)

I guess it would only be the decisions where either us or them are playing. Decisions between cally and aberdeen aren't going to change the top two in the table.

Eddie Smith's father and his nephew both have season tickets at Parkhead.

I've always understood that he is himself a Celtic man, or at the very least favours them over us. I've read/heard this from Celtic fans also who know his family.

A table wouldn't work as you would have to count all the decisions in all the other games (tu)

I guess it would only be the decisions where either us or them are playing. Decisions between cally and aberdeen aren't going to change the top two in the table.

just the scum and us, all u need, we get the same refs often enough to get stats

I've always understood that he is himself a Celtic man, or at the very least favours them over us. I've read/heard this from Celtic fans also who know his family.

Should all the refs have been Rangers supporters or supported every team except that mob

I think for the most part it is just incompetence and lack of balls from referees when it comes to giving decisions in favour of Celtic. They know that at Celtic Park a decision given against Celtic could see them physically assaulted given that club's previous. So in that regard it should be up to the SFA to appoint and train strong officials to referee these games.

On the other hand though today's ref is one who has given Celtic a disproportional amount of decisions for compared to against. Is it any coincidence that many of these decisions have been wrong and have decided the outcome of a match? I don't like to call referee's biased because none of us truly know, we only make assumptions given our experiences. But Eddie Smith is certainly suspicious in that regard.

That also brings into question the SFA's decision to let him continually officiate Celtic matches even after a fair number of well-publicised "mistakes" from him which have helped Celtic to victory or a draw. Now THAT is incompetence.

Should all the refs have been Rangers supporters or supported every team except that mob

what? He is stating a fact.