Boyd Believes He is on the Way Out!

contacts

Since Wednesday the 3rd of November 1999, the day Michael Mols got injured against Bayern, we have all been screaming for a natural born goal scorer at Rangers.

We have that in Kris Boyd.

If he goes, we will go back to wishing for another goalscorer of his ilk.

Boyd is 24, Scottish, Rangers to the core and has been our top scorer the past three seasons.

Selling him would be nothing short of a travesty in my eyes.

There's another way to look at that.

No manager he's had since he moved to Rangers, at either club or international level, has seen him as the answer when it comes to the crunch. In fact, the man who supposedly didn't like him the most played him in more big games than anyone else.

He's 25 now, I'm sure, and has been at Ibrox for 2 and a half seasons. I'd say he hasn't improved in any aspect of his game in that time. In fact, some have went backwards. At his age, it's hard to see a massive improvement coming along any time soon.

Please, no one compare him to McCoist. He's not even close.

Plenty of sides, and some big ones at that, have moved that talismanic top scorer on and became better teams due to it. Boyd seems reluctant to learn, improve and work hard.

As much as we all like to profess knowledge of the game, it's extremely difficult to justify saying we know more than any of the managers (Eck, Le Guen, Wattie, Burley) Boyd has played for in the last few years. Through actions like non-selection or comments on the ways he has to improve, all 4 have (or will do in the case of Burley, trust me) basically told Boyd he isn't good enough. Regardless of whether you agree or not, Boyd is NOT considered a first team certainty at Rangers. He must be the only player in this position that's somehow regarded as worth more than pretty much any first team player, and yet this supposed £3.5M striker doesn't exactly have a queue of big clubs waiting to sign him as that "senile old manager" Walter doesn't know what he's doing.............

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of last season in my opinion we should have built the team around:

Mcgregor

Cuellar

Ferguson

Boyd (possibly Novo)

(4-4-2 formation) A couple of quality additions at RB, CB, AM and possibly a decent winger and we would have been flying this season. With the success the team had in Europe last season we wouldnt have had any problem attracting the quality we required. How the hell could things go so wrong. Can things actually get any worse? if Boyd goes thats it I have had enough.