Creative Assembly

brissyger

For those who don't know Creative Assembly are th company behind the Total War series of games and I'm a huge fan of their Total War-Medieval 2 game. They have a couple of exciting releases coming out early next year.

The first is Total War:Empire where you take control of one of the colonial empires, Prussia, France, Spain, the Dutch, Russia, the 13 colonies etc and look to expand your empire to the new world. There will be a number of improvement not the elast of which is in foreign diplomacy. Military and diplomatic events were seperate in the previous games which resulted in a number of odd actions from "allies". Empire will change that so that the player has more complex alliances and treaties. Another feature is having buildings outside of the city. This means that an army can cut off your port, fod supplies etc unless you defenc them properly. You also have the choice of being an absolute monarchy, constitutional monarchy or a Republic and how well you balance civil liberties and the happiness of your people is far more important in this game as it could lead to a "French Revolution" event in your Empire. Instead of having just buildings the ability to research pure tchnologies that will improve certain aspects of your empire has also been introduced. The biggest overhaul has been in the battle area, on land troops are able to hide inside and fortify buildings, generals play a much bigger role and weapons like cannons can malfunction and explode, it also introduces music like pipers, drummers etc to build army morale much like the Cossacks game a few years ago. The game will also now include realistic naval battles between huge fleets and you can fire regular cannonballs, chain balls that will tear sails and board enemy ships. Should be exciting.

The above game is only for the PC but the 2nd game will be released on console as well. The game is called Stormrise and is a post-apocalyptic game with the ability to control units in the air, on the surface and underground. Two opposing factions will be playable, the Echelon, who are a tchnologically advance society who survived the fallout via hibernation or the Sai, a tribal people that that adapted and evolved to the new environment presented by the catastrophe. Instead of the regular armchair general approach for battles this will also place the player in the role of the actual general on the front line making it like a few games out a combination of both RTS and FPS style games.

Huge fan of the Total War franchise but i'm not really looking forward to Empire.

Never been a fan of the gunpowder age. When it was introduced in Medieval 2 it was pretty shit. The naval battles do look pretty awesome. The battles for the sea in other Total wars have been pointless, so it's nice to see them addressing this problem.

Still has to excite me but i'll definitely be ordering it.

Huge fan of the Total War franchise but i'm not really looking forward to Empire.

Never been a fan of the gunpowder age. When it was introduced in Medieval 2 it was pretty shit. The naval battles do look pretty awesome. The battles for the sea in other Total wars have been pointless, so it's nice to see them addressing this problem.

In terms of battles and stuff I don't think the gunpowder age is as fun as hacking people to pieces with swords and stuff but the sea battles will be immense. Think this game is going to bring diplomacy and politics more to the foreground than the other ones which I think will be interesting. I mean you have the options of what civil freedoms give your people and it can determine whether you get a revolution or regicide or survivie wars. It seems a lot more complex in that aspect than the other Total War games, more like you are actually governing a nation. I'm just hoping I'll be able to play it on my laptop when it comes out <cr>

In terms of battles and stuff I don't think the gunpowder age is as fun as hacking people to pieces with swords and stuff but the sea battles will be immense. Think this game is going to bring diplomacy and politics more to the foreground than the other ones which I think will be interesting. I mean you have the options of what civil freedoms give your people and it can determine whether you get a revolution or regicide or survivie wars. It seems a lot more complex in that aspect than the other Total War games, more like you are actually governing a nation. I'm just hoping I'll be able to play it on my laptop when it comes out <cr>

Someone should tell them it has already been done with Imperial Glory, sounds like it will be more of the same with flashy new graphics.

Rome/BI was good as were the ones before but i moved back to consoles because i couldn't be arsed with PC games anymore.

Diplomacy is usually broken tbh when CA have anything to do with it but they do make good games just need to hire someone that knows how diplomacy works.

Check out Imperial Glory basically does everything in your 1st post and the battles look as good as Rome total war.

Someone should tell them it has already been done with Imperial Glory, sounds like it will be more of the same with flashy new graphics.

Rome/BI was good as were the ones before but i moved back to consoles because i couldn't be arsed with PC games anymore.

Diplomacy is usually broken tbh when CA have anything to do with it but they do make good games just need to hire someone that knows how diplomacy works.

Check out Imperial Glory basically does everything in your 1st post and the battles look as good as Rome total war.

Will check it out mate (tu)

What do you think of the second game for console? It's pretty much the same as Quake Wars or Halo Wars game that's coming out for XBox but it sounds a bit better in my opinion.

Do know much about it, will check it out.

PS3 defo needs some good rpgs and strategy games though because it's dire at the moment.

The ps1 was the best it had so much choice now it's just fps fps fps racing fps fps fps

Look what the ps1 had C&C, vandal hearts, sim city, transport tycoon, panzer/allied general, populous just to name a few but there were hundreds of strategy games.

even the PS2 had some.

Do know much about it, will check it out.

PS3 defo needs some good rpgs and strategy games though because it's dire at the moment.

The ps1 was the best it had so much choice now it's just fps fps fps racing fps fps fps

Look what the ps1 had C&C, vandal hearts, sim city, transport tycoon, panzer/allied general, populous just to name a few but there were hundreds of strategy games.

even the PS2 had some.

Red Alert 3 is being released in OCtober for PC and Xbox and is for some reason on hold for the PS3. Hopefully that just means a slight delay because this game would be interesting. Think they're making the storyline a little ridiculous now but the franchise still offers some of the best gameplay for RTS's. Still have to get C&C3 actually. Since they're taking so bloody long to make Starcraft 2 they should develop it for the consoles as well. That would be unreal as that had the best storyline of any RTS.