What sort of money to the European leagues pay?

pcbear

We would be more likely to find affordable quality there rather that paying top dollar for championship players, Shittu 15-20k was way ott for me.

Obviously the very top players from these countries will be on big bucks, but say for example a PSV midfielder how much? 5?8?10?12? 15k per week i would'nt have as clue.

There are 4 high paying leagues - Italy, Germany, Spain and Engerland. This is becuase TV money is based on advertising income which is braodly based on population. The French should be in the same wage league as this but didn't manage to get as good a deal TV wise.

Teams from Holland, Portugal etc. all pay similar to Scotland, in that they all have one or two teams that have largish support and the rest are weaker and pay less.

Great European teams such as PSV are also, like us, struggling financially to compete, as the best player go to one of the bigger leagues, and players go at a young age as the big teams buy them up early.

On a 'level' playing field of supporters/attendence we held our own with anyone, but with TV money we drop down the pecking order. Sad but true.

There are 4 high paying leagues - Italy, Germany, Spain and Engerland. This is becuase TV money is based on advertising income which is braodly based on population. The French should be in the same wage league as this but didn't manage to get as good a deal TV wise.

Teams from Holland, Portugal etc. all pay similar to Scotland, in that they all have one or two teams that have largish support and the rest are weaker and pay less.

Great European teams such as PSV are also, like us, struggling financially to compete, as the best player go to one of the bigger leagues, and players go at a young age as the big teams buy them up early.

On a 'level' playing field of supporters/attendence we held our own with anyone, but with TV money we drop down the pecking order. Sad but true.

France,Holland and Portugal have Setanta run Tv Deals aswell (tu)

The Eredivise and Jupiler Leagues dont pay anywhere near as much as Ligue 1 anyway. The Ligue 1 TV deal with Canal Plus is worth around €670 million per annum and if i remember correctly, the likes of Cisse and Pauleta are/were earning around £70,000 p/w.

Its weird though, a lot of the contracts in Ligue 1 are mainly comprised of bonuses. I dont know the exact in's and outs of the deals but ill have a look around and see what i can dig up.

Ajax and PSV's wage structure is probably similar to ours with the exception of their big guns.

Ive no idea about the Portugese league to be honest. Porto and Benfica must be paying sizeable amounts to the likes of Lucho, Quaresma and Reyes though.