Madden 09

brissyger

Anyone else getting it? I've got mine on pre-order and can't wait to play it. Looks like they've completely overahauled the game and really taken full advantage of the next-gen consoles for the first time. I might get NCAA Football this year as well so I can build a guy from a high school footballer and take him through college to the NFL and then the Hall of Fame. Here's some vids:

This one compares 08 to 09 graphics wise.

This is what the new gameplay looks like

Got it early today from the store and been playing it all day. Some really cool features have been added.

1. When you play rivals the game difficulty goes up a notch.

2. The commentary is a lot better and calls the action properly.

3. There's a cool feature called backtrack where on significant plays they go back and break it down in slow motion and say where one team went right and the other went wrong. They also tell you the expected success rate of such a move would be man-to-man between those teams.

4. The new Madden Skill thing rocks. In the previous games I spent ages adjusting the sliders to get the difficulty so it wasn't too easy or too hard. In this Madden you just run through a simulated training program and it measures how good your rush/pass offence and defence is then adjusts the difficulty of each accordingly instead of just having difficulty levels where its all the same. So if you're good at offence or suck at defence you won't get punished. It also updates after every game so if you have a bad game at rushing for example it will lower the difficulty for the future.

I always liked the Madden games but never really understood the ins and outs of the different plays!

I understood the basic rules ie downs and yards but i never found it taht exciting...

Will probably end up getting it to see what its like but im not optimistic!