walt & chesney looking over their shoulders :craphead:

its good stuff from hamilton

chesney is there with a dog rough bird

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to put £100 on a Dundee United win aswell. Just aswell I never!

Thank god you never Muff (tu)

Your telling me. I thought Dundee United would of won and it would of been a quick way to double my money.

Just in from the game and it was brilliant. Accies played excellent and the atmosphere was electric. I tell you, we could do no worse than move in and sign McCarthy. He has some engine and loves a tackle, even when flood went threw him he still got up and went back for more.

I couldn't have been in better company where I was sitting :craphead: ....5 rows along was Chesney and Billy Stark and just a few rows in front of them was Speirs, Leckie and the rest of the press!!

I tell you, you will get more value for money down at New Douglas Park than you will at Ibrox this season (tu)

Just in from the game and it was brilliant. Accies played excellent and the atmosphere was electric. I tell you, we could do no worse than move in and sign McCarthy. He has some engine and loves a tackle, even when flood went threw him he still got up and went back for more.

I couldn't have been in better company where I was sitting :craphead: ....5 rows along was Chesney and Billy Stark and just a few rows in front of them was Speirs, Leckie and the rest of the press!!

I tell you, you will get more value for money down at New Douglas Park than you will at Ibrox this season (tu)

Just in.

Brilliant.

Accies are the best footballing side in Scotland, have been for the past 16 months.

The reason Accies play so well?

Good coaching.

Reid is at every match he can attend from under 12's to see exactly how every kid is performing.

His dedication is clear to see.

Onwards and upwards.

This season ticket is looking like excellent value for money.

PS, the atmosphere where you were looked shit.

My voice though, is knackered.

excellent stuff from accies!! Loving this fitba!!

DB, thre is something differecnt with McArthy. He wanted to play for scotland, even got Billy Reid to phone the scotland stafff and ask if he was in their plans.

Even though he has been playing 1st team for accies for 3 seasons he has never been asked to play under 17s, or 19s with scotland. They told him he is not in their plans and that is why he said he would play for ireland under 19s.

He reccently said he didnt want to play for their under 21s because when you do that you cannot go back now. He still wants to play for scotland and is hoping being in the SPL will get him the credit he deserves.

TBH it is a disgrace that he has not been capped by us, we play rangers and celtic youth players in that age group but not someone who can hold a 1st team place in a decent first division side. It is shocking treatment and totally different to AIDS McTraitors situation.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?...amp;hl=turncoat

It seems that we are both wrong! :rolleyes:

excellent stuff from accies!! Loving this fitba!!

DB, thre is something differecnt with McArthy. He wanted to play for scotland, even got Billy Reid to phone the scotland stafff and ask if he was in their plans.

Even though he has been playing 1st team for accies for 3 seasons he has never been asked to play under 17s, or 19s with scotland. They told him he is not in their plans and that is why he said he would play for ireland under 19s.

He reccently said he didnt want to play for their under 21s because when you do that you cannot go back now. He still wants to play for scotland and is hoping being in the SPL will get him the credit he deserves.

TBH it is a disgrace that he has not been capped by us, we play rangers and celtic youth players in that age group but not someone who can hold a 1st team place in a decent first division side. It is shocking treatment and totally different to AIDS McTraitors situation.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?...amp;hl=turncoat

It seems that we are both wrong! :rolleyes:

James McCarthy did have a choice between Scotland and ROI, he said it in a interview in the Hamilton Advertiser but he turned down Scotland due to his Granddad

Sixteen years old, Scottish-born, James McCarthy has had a remarkable season so far and he is relishing the prospect of making his International debut this week for the Republic of Ireland.

The exciting Hamilton Academical midfielder has been selected in Ireland’s U17 squad for two friendly matches against Italy which take place in Dublin.

His impact this season has been such that a clutch of top clubs have been monitoring his progress and he trained with several, who are keen to sign him, in recent weeks.

The first game takes place this Tuesday, 23rd January at Home Farm FC in Whitehall, Dublin and the nations meet again on Thursday, 25th January at Tolka Park. Both games will kick-off at 19.00 hrs.

McCarthy has featured in 12 games for Hamilton’s first-team this season, who are in the Scottish First Division. He assembled with the rest of the Irish players on Sunday in Dublin and told www.fai.ie about his desire to break into the Irish U17 team.

He said: “I have always wanted to play for Ireland and when the manager Sean McCaffrey picked me for these fixtures against Italy, I was delighted. I know that I’ll have to work very hard to get a spot in the team because they are a good side.

“I was born in Scotland but my mother’s family are from Donegal. My grandfather, Paddy Coyle, was a big influence on me before he died and it was my intention to represent Ireland if I was lucky enough to be selected.

“I was a Glasgow Celtic supporter as a kid and my grandfather used to tell about the history of Celtic and the Irish International team.

“I spent some time in Ireland with my relatives when I was younger and my aunts and uncles are coming along to the games during the week. My parents are coming over from Scotland, too.

“The lads have been very welcoming of me,” he said of his introduction to his new International colleagues. “I just want to come here and do as well as I can. I’m just a normal 16-year old who loves playing football. In my spare time, I like to play snooker and go bowling with my friends.”

McCarthy’s glowing displays for Hamilton this season has aroused the interest of several top clubs. He has spent time training with Liverpool, Reading and Glasgow Celtic during January and Chelsea scouts attended last Saturday’s match between Hamilton and Partick Thistle where James set up the winning goal in the 2-1 victory.

The teenager says that the attention doesn’t distract him from his game. “I’m still learning and have many more years to go before I can make it to senior level. I enjoyed the experience of training with the other clubs in the last few weeks.

“Kevin Doyle, Shane Long and Stephen Hunt were nice to me when I was down at Reading and were thrilled to hear I was in the Irish squad.

“I had a chat with Darren O’Dea and Aiden McGeady at Celtic and the staff at Liverpool were also brilliant to me.”

McCarthy looked up to former Ireland captain Roy Keane when he was starting to develop his own appetite for football. Other Irish players figure in his list of icons, amongst them Ireland’s current skipper.

“Robbie Keane is a player I admire” he said, “he’s very exciting to watch and scores plenty of goals for Ireland. I’m a midfielder who likes to get forward and support the strikers, so Roy Keane was the player I took most interest in when he was playing.”

Ireland’s U17s are preparing for the upcoming U17 UEFA Elite phase qualifying series, which takes place in Germany from the 21st - 26th of March.

Ireland will play Scotland, Greece and mini-group hosts Germany with only the group winner advancing to the finals in May to be held in Belgium.

Meanwhile, Republic of Ireland U17 team manager Sean McCaffrey has been forced to make a third change to his squad.

Niall McArdle (Sunderland) and James Cronesberry (Middlesborough) replaced Liverpool FC duo Michael Collins and Laurence Gaughan during last week.

Cobh Ramblers goalkeeper Kevin O’Brien has also had to withdraw on Sunday because of a broken wrist. Shrewsbury Town goalkeeper David McGuire will deputise.

http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_con...iew&id=1620