Who do you believe in this fiasco?

CooperSF

42 members have voted

1. 1. Club or Player

• Carlos Cuellar
    • David Murray

What did Cuellar say? Has he come out with a different version of events?

One min he is saying "I'll be here for years"

Then all of a sudden it's "When I told Martin Bain on Sunday that I wanted to leave"

PR cover story by Murray I believe :angry2:

Smith has to take the blame for not being able to take the team into the Champions League! If he had done so the big man wouldn't have wanted to leave.

:angry2: :angry2:

At last a sensible comment. So much hysteria tonight about a guy who is a great defender but can't pass water...

Then all of a sudden it's "When I told Martin Bain on Sunday that I wanted to leave"

And then Cuellar would be in a position to sue us.

Let's be honest.

He left because he can't really be bothered playing against the likes of Falkirk and Caley Thistle anymore. The Champions League ain't a great lure to come to scottish clubs these days because you are more than likely only going to get 6 games.

He is a great player, will be interesting to see if he can cut it in the premiership........ IF he is the great player we have all been harping on about for the past year then surely he would have joined a big spanish club rather than us?

And then Cuellar would be in a position to sue us.

I don't believe Murray is lying. If this clause didn't exist, surely he could have got a bit more for him?

Whether the clause was invoked or not, as someone said earlier - it should have been re-negotiated as soon as the season ended.

FFS even Bain must know the pound-to-euro exchange rate, so must have known our best player had the ability to be taken from us for less than £8m! At the very least it's grossly incompetent, at worst - well you lot decide, i'd say it was a big 2 fingers to us fans who Minty thinks aren't worth a wank when it comes to him doing exactly what he wants to us.