Saturday, Billy Boys Returns

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well thanks for explaining your opinion, i fully respect that, if we alter the words slightly would it be more widely expected? There doesn't seem to be a way forward atm, we are lost in between a dead club and its history.

I was part of a protest outside Ibrox a few years back, after we lost 3-0 to Hibs in the Cup I think.

A few hundred of us shouting (amongst other things) 'Murray GTF', 'Who told all the lies? Murray! Murray!'.

The hospitality bods left side entrances (not that they were in any danger). The Hibs team left by their bus driving in to The Stadium (ditto).

The only person who came out of the main entrance was Jim White.

Within a few days minty had a meeting with RST Reps, and shortly afterwards Eck announced he would be leaving at the end of the season.

Minty only feels his ego and his pockets. He hated his guests 'sneaking out' rather than walking down the marble stairs to their cars.

Singing TBB? He'd just say 'see what they're like'? 'I despair'.

I seem to remember seeing one of the italian clubs fans stay completely silent at several matches in protest, not making a single noise. There were also a club who had their entire support stay outside the stadium in protest leaving no one in the ground for the match.

You would think thats already going on at Ibrox these days.

Manti if the rest of the support had woke up at the time when this shit was happening, maybe we wouldn't be in the sorry state we're in now.

(tu)

Exactly, well earlier in fact.

Are you the damien who used to post on that other message board?

and people wonder why they call our support bigotted.

Never mind Murray GTF it's idiots like this that need to GTF

Guys who have sang it for 30, 40, 50+ years...

yep. But maybe you think it ok for old guys who have called blacks the 'N' word for years can justify it because they have used it for 30,40,50+ years

what a stupid argument to match a stupid idea.

We vreally do have some clowns in our support

Yes and we also have sheep as well...................baaaaaaaastard <_<

we certainly do, and they will be following this clown on Saturday.

We had to work hard to get rid of the hooligans from our support years ago - remember the ones who tarnished the club's name back then

It may take us a few years but we will eventually get rid of this lot who continue to tyarnish the club's name.

The damage murray has done to our club pales into insignificnce compared to self indulgent morons like this.

I really can't believe I've read that last line.

Yet the damage: morons like the guy you replied to mate, those who sat on their hands and watched this all unfold, doesn't count? This was a proud club once, which was the envy of most of europe, we need her back...

We need her back - what utter drivel.

Who is this we - the bigots ?

Your answer to all the problems the club faces is to sing a bigotted song - well there you go why did no-one else think of this

This club will only become the pride of Scotland never mind the pride of Europe when you and your kind take your ridiculous baggage and disappear.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and treat you like the fool you are, can you explain to me in simple terms how the word 'fenian' is bigotted?

and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and treat you like the half wit you are.

Fenian is bigotted in two ways.

First it is bigotted for those who use the term to mean Catholic and many do.

Secondly it is bigotted for those who use it as a political term - and yes bigotry is not exclusively about religion contrary to what many half wits in tghe West of Scotland think.

songs attacking other people's Religion and politics have no place at Ibrox.

Sing songs which support our club

I sincerely hope your campaigning with the same vigour to get National Anthems banned too.

Fenian is not bigotted in a religious term. It's bigotted because you've allowed the media to manipulate you into thinking it's bigotted.

What religion was the Fenian Wolfetone btw? Give ya a clue, it doesn't start with 'C'.

Manti if the rest of the support had woke up at the time when this shit was happening, maybe we wouldn't be in the sorry state we're in now.

(tu)

Yup :D

hitting him in the pockets though seems to be the only way you can hurt murray to be honest

Its the only way to get the message accross to people of his ilk.

As much as i want to hear TBB's back & am all for it, i dont think its the answer to get Murray to fek.

But it should be sung loud & proud, and should never have bee stopped being sung in the first place, if we had made a stance at the time, this would all be resolved by now. i hope i'm wrong but fear its a case of too little too late.

And tbh, web sites such as this is the minority & for every one who starts singing it, there will be 5 murrayites trying to stop them. It could get messy.

(tu)

Yup :D

Sniff, sniff ;)

yes lets set our club back 20 years by singing small minded secterian songs..... ffs lads cmon its 2008, no place for that at ibrox in this day and age.

Oh dear, you should try to be less controversial with your first few posts my friend ;)

THIS IS OUR CHANCE TO SHOW MURRAY AND HIS BUNCH OF MUPPETS WE WANT CHANGE AT THE CLUB AND WANT 10,000+ FANS TO SING THE BILLY BOYS AFTER THE GAME IN A MASSIVE PROTEST AGAIST MURRAY

LETS SHOW THAT PRICK HE WANT HIM OUT!

You have changed your tune :clap:

There's more joy in heaven for a sinner repented.....

check out the other tunes on new rangers song post, might work better wi who told all the lies etc and wont cost us , add that in wi boycotting food, programmes,dm's companies and keep it going and we might have a chance but no point if not everyone is backing it cos we're gonny look like dickheads some of us singing and others booing , we need to at least look united and are we not all trying to save our club? whats wi all the arguing? the visiting thimmys will be havin a good giggle at us calling each other names and shit come on you lot- we are all the people

Anyone who doesn't agree with the politics of the song please listen here:

Singing it for a small proportion of one game WILL be recognised as a protest vote more than anything

For as long as guys like Spiers and Gerry McNee have a newspaper column the song will NEVER be recognised as a protest vote.

You think we have nothing to lose, how about a shut out at Ibrox? A points deduction? Relegation from the SPL? A European ban which only takes effect next season or the following season?

They do say "fear the man who has nothing to lose" but there is still a little bit left there that we have to lose.

We shouldn't be jepordising it when we have already lost so much.

I love the song. I grew up with it like most of us.

The tune, the words, the history and the passion that it was sung by the bears at Ibrox makes me nearly cry just writing this.

But singing this is a big mistake. Ad Dado already pointed out, you can throw in sponsors and potential tim signings as well will be pissed off.

If we want Murray out as we all do, then handing a club over to a new owner with sectarian baggage and potential euor bans will not help.

I wish I could be there with you guys, but do your best and make it clear with signs and cahnts that Murray and Smith are the problem.

yes lets set our club back 20 years by singing small minded secterian songs..... ffs lads cmon its 2008, no place for that at ibrox in this day and age.

Oh dear, you should try to be less controversial with your first few posts my friend ;)

why? my opinion is just as valid as any1 elses. singing TBB at ibrox is a disgrace and will just make the club look bad. if u really want to hurt murray dont go to the games. we dont want that type of support at ibrox.

the best idea is too protest outside the stadium during the game, it would take the focus off the match and highlight bigger problems we are gravely concerned about our clubs proceedings, when 40,000 odd season ticket holders do not enter the stadium and protest, it CANT be ignored. i know its a game to sacrifice and money to throw away but in the long term we need to ensure our club will still exists. if we dont look after it who will ?

Let's make it happen lads, i've just booked my train ticket up to Glasgae. Cost me a feckin fortune, but im not standing for this no mores.

Me and about 30 lads from plymouth are coming up, and were gonna spread the word before the game in all the bluenose bars.

WE ARE BRINGING BACK THE BILLY BOYS ON SATURDAY

The famous Hullo Hullo cry will return, this will be our protest.

Any negative posters GTF, you are what SDM wants to turn our club into

SPREAD THE WORD

:rangers::rangers::rangers::rangers::rangers:

:unionflag: :unionflag: :unionflag: :unionflag: :unionflag:

Fucking rubbish!!!!!!!!!

What fucking good is that going to do!

PISH POST!

And I actually thought this forum was free of neanderthals. The idiocy is un-fucking-believable.

As if singing the TBB is going to do anything other than tear into our reputation once again, and get us branded even further as a bunch of bigots. Some people ought to get a grip. Why damage the club we love just because of that arsehole? :rolleyes:

Since when has DM ever listened to the fans anyway...?

Let's make it happen lads, i've just booked my train ticket up to Glasgae. Cost me a feckin fortune, but im not standing for this no mores.

Me and about 30 lads from plymouth are coming up, and were gonna spread the word before the game in all the bluenose bars.

WE ARE BRINGING BACK THE BILLY BOYS ON SATURDAY

The famous Hullo Hullo cry will return, this will be our protest.

Any negative posters GTF, you are what SDM wants to turn our club into

SPREAD THE WORD

:rangers::rangers::rangers::rangers::rangers:

:unionflag: :unionflag: :unionflag: :unionflag: :unionflag:

Word of advice mate stay in Plymouth and dont bother getting on that train. Do you think singing a song is gonna help. Do something constructive not sing a sectarian (YES SECTARIAN) song. Rangers are more than that,

Fucking rubbish!!!!!!!!!

What fucking good is that going to do!

PISH POST!