Putting Recent Happenings into Context.

OrangeBurn

So we end last season, in some respects on a high. The Uefa Cup Final was something spectacular. A dream for every Rangers fan out there. However the Uefa cup run weakened the team, mentally and physically. We ended up lossing the SPL on the final game of the season. So from this, aswell as the Scottish cup win, you can take last season as a success or failure.

However. With one game into the new SPL campaigne we find ourselfs in a crisis.

• Ex Celt Kenny Miller re-signs.

• We are being played off the park, even against weaker teams, such as German 3rd tier teams.

• We are forced to accept below Rangers level signings in the form of Miller (again), Velicka, Lafferty, Bougherra.

• We lose our Captain to injury.

• Still no midfield flair players have been bought.

• Our best player leaves for a soul destroying amount of £7.8 Million.

No doubt about it, every Rangers fan will have alarm bells ringing.

Now we are forced into making decisions; Do we hand back our season tickets with fury, Do we have a 10,000+ man protest or Do we sit back and take it?

In Mr Smiths recent interview about Cuéllars imminent departure, he declared himself "surprised and disappointed".

Already that gets me thinking, just how much of a say did Smith have in Cuéllars contract in the first place. Mr Bain is in control of the wages, which shocks me as I believe the manager should have some input in the 7.8 Million clause in his contract. So really Walter is not to blame for the departure of Cuéllar, its Bain.

Regardless. King Carlos is gone, and we are now facing a race agaisnt time to bring in 2 CB's and at least 2 MC's with flair or Mr Smith could end up being on the wrong side of a 50,000 man hissy fit.

Fellow Bears. Remember, there is no man bigger than the club. But it us Millions of supporters worldwide who have made this club what it is.

The most successful club in the world.

Never Surrender.

actually hearing it officially on Sky Sports News just evokes sadness and anger at what the club is becoming.

we as fans dont deserve to be treated like this. you think Juventus, Roma, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich would accept this kind of treatment. I dont think so !!!!!!

if they aint prepared to listen, something needs to be done so they get our attention.

• We are forced to accept below Rangers level signings in the form of Miller (again), Velicka, Lafferty, Bougherra.

eh?

Miller works harder than anyone creates space and chances, runs off the ball into channels gives the front line something that no other striker on our books can (dont say darchy he cant run for 45 mins this season never mind 60 like last season or 90)

Velicka with service will put the ball in the back of the net

Lafferty is a great prospect live wire who has a great talent and a good future at rangers who can play both @ left wing or upfront - bollocks to people who say he cant play left wing falkirk game proved he can

Bougherra is a quality CB who is solid at defending and can play football....his ability on the ball is a hell of a lot better than Cuellar who was god 6 hours ago to us

now if you would of said....... Gow, Cousin, Darcheville, Weir (past his best now), Webster, Adam, McCulloh etc I'd agree but IMO bar Miller those signings are deffo Rangers class

If your gonna moan about our current situation then moan but dont have a pop when theres no need, who were we gonna sign???? Laudrup, Gazza, Deboer, Arteta, Tugay, Reyna, Flo days are gone, and they've gone for Celtic too

Bougherra, a player in which many people on here had to ask "He any good?" Not Rangers Class.

Miller, The player who has scored 11 goals in two season. Not Rangers Class.

Lafferty, sure he is a prospect, but when the team is falling apart, do we really need prospects. Not Rangers class (at the moment)

Velicka, Before he joined hearts, how many of you could say, oh yeh Velicka, he is good.

Bougherra, a player in which many people on here had to ask "He any good?" Not Rangers Class.

Miller, The player who has scored 11 goals in two season. Not Rangers Class.

Lafferty, sure he is a prospect, but when the team is falling apart, do we really need prospects. Not Rangers class (at the moment)

Velicka, Before he joined hearts, how many of you could say, oh yeh Velicka, he is good.

we disagree fair enough....

but because Bougherra, Lafferty and Velicka arnt celeb footballers there not Rangers class....im glad we arnt going to the the EPL and forking out 17 million for an overated Bentley leave em too it id rather fork out 700,000 grand on a Beasley any day of the week or is he not Rangers class either?

we cant keep up in the financial climate compared with EPL clubs, and I think you fail to realise Rangers class has been redefined....its had too

plus I have also thought about it this way

Id have Bougherra over mcmanus and Caldwell

I'd have Lafferty and Velicka over JVofH