Don't Sing the Billy Boys

DadoPrso9

All it does is pander to the tims and the media who are WANTING US to be banned or docked points

It should be brought back, and Murray is a spineless cunt for not doing it

But singing it when nothing has been announced is pointless

Dont get encouraged by some posters on here either screaming for the rooftops for it to be sung. youve seen the amount of timposters on here already

Shout Murray GTF, And let him fucking know it, but no TBB, at all

:rangers:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All it does is pander to the tims and the media who are WANTING US to be banned or docked points

Dont get encouraged by some posters on here either screaming for the rooftops for it to be sung. youve seen the amount of timposters on here already

Sorry pal but I'll be singing it.

I like the song, it sums us up as a support 100%. It's our anthem and should never be banned.

If the media, SPL, Celtic et al want to take a pop at us or take action against us... then fucking let them.

It's the handwringing and apathy that's partly responsible for us being in the doldrums right now.

OUr identity has been stolen. It's time to take it back.

That starts this Saturday with the Billy Boys.

We'll then take things from there.

I like the song, it sums us up as a support 100%. It's our anthem and should never be banned.

If the media, SPL, Celtic et al want to take a pop at us or take action against us... then fucking let them.

It's the handwringing and apathy that's partly responsible for us being in the doldrums right now.

do it properly then, form a particular protest for it or whatever

Singing it then getting chucked out 5 mins later will do nothing

WELL SAID MATE

WE ARE THE PEOPLE

How exactly does it sum us up as a support

What about catholics who support this club?

TBB isnt our identity

We arent a minority, we have fans with lots of different beliefs including catholics

If there are catholics on this board how do you think this makes them feel?

TBB isnt our identity

We arent a minority, we have fans with lots of different beliefs including catholics

What about CATHOLICS? Well... what about them?

I couldn't give a fuck if someone is a Catholic or not. Shit, I even have Catholic friends.

Fenians are a different kettle of fish.

However... I bet you are one of the brainwashed who thinks Fenian = Catholic are you not?

And by singing it, will turn the spotlight on us as fans (you know it will)

The whole anti-murray thing will be lost and people will focus on us solely

No. It will turn the spotlight onto Murray who will be given a final warning to get us to stop.

We wont. We will rebel against anything that dick says.

He gets hit where it hurts.

He then either stands up for us and turns around his ambition for the Club...

OR

He realises that his time is up and buggers off.

He should just give the club to someone who cares... he doesn't need the money anyway.

TBB isnt our identity

What about CATHOLICS? Well... what about them?

I couldn't give a fuck if someone is a Catholic or not. Shit, I even have Catholic friends.

Fenians are a different kettle of fish.

However... I bet you are one of the brainwashed who thinks Fenian = Catholic are you not?

mate i agree with you on this

fenian does NOT equal catholic and its all been pandered in the media to make us sound like catholic killers

But its gonna do nothing but give us all bad publicity when the aim should be on how Murray should GTF

Its an easy way out but its completely pointless

Majority of fenians are catholics

Most fans i know who sing those lyrics use them to 'abuse' catholics aswell

Whatever you say.

The lads I attend with know the score. They have a respect for the RC church no matter how much they despise it's teachings.

But the do not have a respect for fenian bastards who maim and kill and support the maiming and killing of innocent British people.

No. It will turn the spotlight onto Murray who will be given a final warning to get us to stop.

then we'll be docked points,fined alot of cash(cash that could be used to strengthen the team) we could be made to play behind closed doors

but go ahead and make a cunt of us even more in the tims and medias eyes (tu)

then we'll be docked points,fined alot of cash(cash that could be used to strengthen the team) we could be made to play behind closed doors

Who cares what the tims and media think of us????????????

I'm sick and tired of people like you worrying about what other people think of us.

Better not do this... might upset the tims... might get a negative story in the papers.

Whatever happened to US running this COUNTRY... whatever happened to the good old Presbyterian spirit of the Rangers support?

I'm sick and tired of people like you worrying about what other people think of us.

Better not do this... might upset the tims... might get a negative story in the papers.

Whatever happened to US running this COUNTRY... whatever happened to the good old Presbyterian spirit of the Rangers support?

and im sick and tired of folk like you who dont take a telling when it gets our club into deep shit (tu)

and im sick and tired of folk like you who dont take a telling when it gets our club into deep shit (tu)

Our club IS in DEEP SHIT. (tu)

Our club IS in DEEP SHIT. (tu)

and you plan on making it worse for rangers at a time when we are at our lowest for years,good plan batman (tu)

There seems to be an implicit assumption here that the rest of us all secretly support the same things you support, but are too acquiescent to make our voices heard. This couldn't be further from the truth; the reality is that most of us are not hardline Unionists obsessed with Ireland and most of us don't want our club to be associated with that narrow corner of the political spectrum, regardless of whether we're "allowed" to do so or not. This is a football team at the end of the day, not a political pressure group and the only thing worth singing about in that context is our club.

TBB isnt our identity

Why should Catholics not sing the Billy boys or Muslims or any religion.

There is nothing anti Catholic about the Billy Boys if sung in the right manner..........drop Untied Ireland supporter for Beggars or Celtic and leave FTP out and no lawyer in the land would touch you.

WEll said. I loved the song but it's in the past and will deflect heat away from the real burning issues. Plus the cops will be in lifting people which in turn will cause problems with crowd trouble which we don't realy need right now.

Just think what that awfull little man Gerry McNee will say in the sunday scumbag paper he writes for. He will be reading this right now rubbing his hands with glee.

WE only play into the hands of the anti Rangers media!!

i am a catholic and grew up in a family full of celtic fans... does that make me any less of a rangers fan because i find the song offencive?.... that song does not sum up 100% support as u put it, it sums up your 100% small mindedness. there is no place for those type of songs at ibrox in this day and age. the song may not be about catholics but the majority of ppl who sing it look at it that way.

i am a catholic and grew up in a family full of celtic fans... does that make me any less of a rangers fan because i find the song offencive?.... that song does not sum up 100% support as u put it, it sums up your 100% small mindedness. there is no place for those type of songs at ibrox in this day and age. the song may not be about catholics but the majority of ppl who sing it look at it that way.

utter balls i know a few people who were raised as kaffliks who follow rangers and they love to sing the billy boys.

I smell a rhat, feck off Declan.